Why do people think that lyrics is all that matters? Have you HEARD the song?

I honestly can't see PS being used in a movie like this, either. The only scenario that comes to mind is when movies sometimes knowingly use music completely inappropriate for the scene for dramatic/"ironic" (in the Alanis Morrissette sense) effect, but if this is some 200 million(!) dollar zombie/let's blow shit up action movie, I can't see the movie makers going for something like that.

I guess Survival would be the most logical choice, I don't see IS being used because whoever made the score could just easily write something similar because of IS's style as very film score-y music in itself.

/"ironic" (in the Alanis Morrissette sense) effect.

Is that the sense where we call it ironic, but none of it's really irony? :confused:

I don't see IS being used because whoever made the score could just easily write something similar because of IS's style as very film score-y music in itself.

Still possible the scored something for the movie, and thus the tie in for their "secret show" - who knows?

How credible was the "it isn't a song" anyways?

I guess Survival would be the most logical choice, I don't see IS being used because whoever made the score could just easily write something similar because of IS's style as very film score-y music in itself.

While Survival would be the most appropriate one, it's dumb to use the song which has already been used as a soundtrack for a major event almost a year ago.

While Survival would be the most appropriate one, it's dumb to use the song which has already been used as a soundtrack for a major event almost a year ago.

I would agree if people actually associated Survival with the Olympics. I don't think the masses even realized because it wasn't played anywhere (they even got cut from the closing ceremony in the States).

I don't think I could muster up enough enthusiasm for a soundtrack score... would much rather have one new song.

I mean, I'd be happy for him and all, but selfishly let down. :chuckle:

You know that you can listen to soundtracks too, don't you?

You know that you can listen to soundtracks too, don't you?

If you're talking about soundtrack scores, they bore the shit out of me. So yeah, but no.

He said "Matt Bellamy" not "Muse" so I was assuming he meant a score, not full band songs.

I'd be okay if Muse did the entire soundtrack (as in songs, not a score) but that seems highly unlikely.

Artists I like have come out with good scores lately- Reznor/Ross obviously, but also Mike Shinoda's sterling work on The Raid (the squealing motif still raises the hairs on the back of my neck, I've adopted it as hype-up music for whitewater kayaking)- so I'm optimistic even if it's just Matt soundtracking.

Is that the sense where we call it ironic, but none of it's really irony? :confused:

Yes. I couldn't think of a word that captures that intentional dissonance (in this case, between music and action) that is played up for some sort of poignancy.

Yes. I couldn't think of a word that captures that intentional dissonance (in this case, between music and action) that is played up for some sort of poignancy.

Did Alanis write that song anyways? You think someone would have told her...

BTW, am I the only one who still thinks of that perfume commercial every time the see Brad Pitt?

well I'd be glad if it was any kind of new material, either a new Muse song or a Bellamy score.

One thing people have to realize about doing a music score is that tasked with something like this you know whatever Matt would come up with would likely be fucking mindblowingly good. Because we'd see his full effort without all the tongue-in-cheek half serious muse-ness and just him doing what he does. And lets be honest any Muse fan knows Matt is a musical genius.

Archived