I actually counted 19 chords counting each arpeggio as a separate chord when the bass/root note changed.

I'm not quite sure why I even bothered to geek out on how many chords there are in the Neutron Star Collision intro...:LOL:

I guess it's just my love of music theory that makes me want to analyze everything, even if I don't really like the song. :p

In my defence, I was slaughtered when I posted that.

All I can say in regards to future touring is that we can at least hope for older material given that they select songs based on what fits with the current album. If they're touring something that sounds like Origin of Symmetry, it's reasonable to say that they'll play stuff from that era. If they're playing that "simple" sound that resembles Showbiz, we'll probably get Showbiz/Muscle Museum back.

Don't think they'll ever get rid of New Born/Stockholm though. They love their Rage/Deftones riffage after those songs too much.

The only thing I hope is that they don't go back to the Showbiz sound per se.

Agreed. I'd like to see something progressive yet simple. Kind of like Origin mixed with some of the Showbiz-era b-sides.

Maybe one or two tracks that are over the top like Knights of Cydonia/Survival/Butterflies and Hurricanes? I always love that side of Muse.

• 2 weeks later...

He even says "we haven't played the song for years years years", so I doubt he was talking about CE (played just 2 years before that).

But he has already done that several times. (Saying it's the first time playing something in years when it was played just the year before etc)

But he has already done that several times. (Saying it's the first time playing something in years when it was played just the year before etc)

Yeah exactly. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was referring to Citizen Erased when he said that. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he said that before playing Bliss or SS or something :LOL:

Archived