And in all likelihood the majority of tickets will be snatched up by the fans who even know of the show's existence thanks to following Muse news i.e. are big enough fans to care about paying for a show even after just probably paying to see them in a festival/arena/stadium. I doubt Muse has much interest in policing who gets to come much further than that.

In all honestly, any venue of 2000 could easily be filled with people who know more about Muse and own more Muse records/fan items than I do/are more obsessed about the band.

Not sure how that applies to what I said :LOL:

But yeah on a more serious note. If tickets are publicly available like usual, chances are that fans won't know the stuff that'll be played, just like at normal gigs. With tickets to sites specifically for Muse fans, the chances that people know the songs increase.

So either you get a crowd that's likely to not know the songs, or one that IS likely to know them. It's not about who deserves it more(for me), it's about getting a good crowd that will enjoy the songs that are played.

And yes I know that these aren't facts. People in the first scenario could happen to love OoS and Showbiz, while the latter could love TR and T2L more. But if you are a member of the board, chances are that you have at least HEARD the albums and know the songs.

Not sure how that applies to what I said :LOL:

Well I certainly am a "bad fan" compared to some of you guys in categories I listed, and if the level of involvement is the key on who deserves one of the limited amount of tickets, I should probably rule myself out of the competition. I don't think I will though, if I get the chance to try out for tickets :)

But yeah on a more serious note. If tickets are publicly available like usual, chances are that fans won't know the stuff that'll be played, just like at normal gigs. With tickets to sites specifically for Muse fans, the chances that people know the songs increase.

But if you are a member of the board, chances are that you have at least HEARD the albums and know the songs.

Obviously it is great for the band if the crowd is really involved, and of course they want to remember us boardies by offering pre-sales. The thing is, Muse are a band with a big following and the people who will sit there refreshing the page at 8.59 twenty million times to get through for tickets for a specialty gig like this probably know the words to the songs and the rare material :)

Well I certainly am a "bad fan" compared to some of you guys in categories I listed, and if the level of involvement is the key on who deserves one of the limited amount of tickets, I should probably rule myself out of the competition. I don't think I will though, if I get the chance to try out for tickets :)

Obviously it is great for the band if the crowd is really involved, and of course they want to remember us boardies by offering pre-sales. The thing is, Muse are a band with a big following and the people who will sit there refreshing the page at 8.59 twenty million times to get through for tickets for a specialty gig like this probably know the words to the songs and the rare material :)

I was kidding, silly.

Probably true in this case.

I legit think (the rock crowd in the big cities in) Sweden is too hipster for Muse.

I've never felt as clumsy and hillbillish as when spending a day in Södermalm couple of years ago.

Yeah well Södermalm... Good god.

(I think you're right though, as far as I know people seem more excited by stuff like Vampire Weekend and The Gaslight Anthem than Muse)

Archived