The major world tour was over but it was more of a post-Absolution tour. There was nothing specifically to promote Black Holes and their setup was still predominantly Absolution based. Sippe's analogy is right. You wouldn't say 2011's summer festival period was a pre-T2L time even though it was after the official Resistance Tour end.

They played BH&R songs cause they had some written already and cell phone cameras weren't a huge thing then.

I honestly think we are getting into semantics here but whatever. My initial thing I was saying was that all of the Absolution songs besides Falling Away With You had a longer life than Endlessly did and that's mainly just what I was trying to say. Does anyone want to tear apart the truthfulness and logic of that now? :)

As far as I'm concerned, any gigs that take place between one album and next are part of the tour for the most recently released album.

So any 2005 gigs were part of the Absolution tour.

For everything OoS and beyond the "album era" ends when they go into the studio to record the next album. So yeah in-between tours are part of the latest album era. That's always how I've looked at it. Even R&L.

Archived