i absolutely cannot fucking believe you guys. you really aren't thankful for muse making music and spending all this money making the stage and the robot and the guitars and every fucking thing that they do for YOU THE FUCKING FANS THAT THEY LOVE. i'm real fucking shocked be grateful for this band for fucks sake

It's more about Muse being so close to being perfect. They write a lot of good stuff only to shelve it and repeatedly bring out the most boring stuff in the most predicatable ways.

Getting stuff like dead star played gets boring fast because we shouldn't even need enormous campagns to accomplish it. That's where the frustration stems from, its painful to see them have true greatness within reach and turn away from it.

Matts not playing guitar for Starlight?

Seriously, what the fuck?

I don't mind to be honest, he probably just wants to change it up a bit after years of playing it and likes that little bit more connection to the crowd. I can understand other people being bothered by it but I don't really care.

They probably will.

Explorers, MotP, Hysteria, B&H, Big Freeze will be played. Take a Bow, Fury, CE, Muscle Museum might appear at least once.

Megalomania or at least a pipe organ has been mentioned, hasn't it?

And where is all this Fury stuff coming from?

Tbh I don't care about the guitar thing either. It works perfect for both Follow Me and Undisclosed, and don't really care about Starlight. Unintended without guitar(if that was true) sounds shit though.

Megalomania or at least a pipe organ has been mentioned, hasn't it?

And where is all this Fury stuff coming from?

Someone heard an organ. Megalomania or Endlessly.

Or maybe the guy was drunk and just imagined it.

Fury was mentioned to me by Glen in november, and:

Apparently it's mentioned in the tour programme. Methinks a possible rotation with Dead Star if anything.

mmm not sure. Maybe with Animals instead.

I hope Micro Cuts rotates with Dead Star.

Someone heard an organ. Megalomania or Endlessly.

Or maybe the guy was drunk and just imagined it.

Or it was just Matt fucking about.

I assume Big Freeze/Fury/other rare stuff will have been rehearsed in a studio, Dead Star wasn't heard being rehearsed at the stadium either.

Long time browser, first time poster. Just thought I'd add a little bit of un-fanboyish balance to things. I like Undisclosed Desires. I think it's a sonically interesting, nicely constructed song that gives a really nice, mellower counterpoint to their list of fantastic juggernauts (and, for what it's worth, I loved hearing it at Leeds 2011). Having a quieter patch of songs at that point gives things a bit of an ebb and flow, instead of bombarding the audience with big loud hit after big loud hit. That might be what most of you prefer and that's fine, but that section between Stockholm and the Unsustainable/Plug In/Survival salvo I think adds a nice dynamic contrast, and a bit of a 'breather' from the full-on onslaught you'd get otherwise.

One of the things I love about Muse is the diversity of their material, and the differing opinions their fans have (personally, I'm of the school that thinks Knights is essentially, in terms of power and 'iconic-ness' (can't think of the actual word for that...) their Won't Get Fooled Again, and should generally be their de facto closer, or at least close to it). It's such a shame that these opinions are expressed with such vitriol.

Oh, should also add: I don't like Guiding Light. ;)

Wait, so what did I miss, did that robot turn up, what was the giant lightbulb used for and what's this about a SOAD cover for a closer? :eek:

They all were used for Showbiz. Which was the closer. Dunno where you heard that SOAD rumor from.

Archived