Long time browser, first time poster. Just thought I'd add a little bit of un-fanboyish balance to things. I like Undisclosed Desires. I think it's a sonically interesting, nicely constructed song that gives a really nice, mellower counterpoint to their list of fantastic juggernauts (and, for what it's worth, I loved hearing it at Leeds 2011). Having a quieter patch of songs at that point gives things a bit of an ebb and flow, instead of bombarding the audience with big loud hit after big loud hit. That might be what most of you prefer and that's fine, but that section between Stockholm and the Unsustainable/Plug In/Survival salvo I think adds a nice dynamic contrast, and a bit of a 'breather' from the full-on onslaught you'd get otherwise.

One of the things I love about Muse is the diversity of their material, and the differing opinions their fans have (personally, I'm of the school that thinks Knights is essentially, in terms of power and 'iconic-ness' (can't think of the actual word for that...) their Won't Get Fooled Again, and should generally be their de facto closer, or at least close to it). It's such a shame that these opinions are expressed with such vitriol.

Oh, should also add: I don't like Guiding Light. ;)

Welcome to the board! Different points of view are also very much welcome ;)

Tonight's setlist, fix'd:

Unsustainable

Supremacy

Supermassive Black Hole

Panic Station

Resistance

Bliss

Animals

Guiding Light

Citizen Erased/Butterflies & Hurricanes

Feeling Good

Sunburn

Follow Me

Liquid State

Madness

Undisclosed Desires

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Knights Of Cydonia

-----

Unintended

Blackout

Dead Star

Stockholm Syndrome/New Born

-----

Isolated System

Uprising

Starlight

Survival

With the exception of the ordering, it's a very good setlist.

Long time browser, first time poster. Just thought I'd add a little bit of un-fanboyish balance to things. I like Undisclosed Desires. I think it's a sonically interesting, nicely constructed song that gives a really nice, mellower counterpoint to their list of fantastic juggernauts (and, for what it's worth, I loved hearing it at Leeds 2011). Having a quieter patch of songs at that point gives things a bit of an ebb and flow, instead of bombarding the audience with big loud hit after big loud hit. That might be what most of you prefer and that's fine, but that section between Stockholm and the Unsustainable/Plug In/Survival salvo I think adds a nice dynamic contrast, and a bit of a 'breather' from the full-on onslaught you'd get otherwise.

One of the things I love about Muse is the diversity of their material, and the differing opinions their fans have (personally, I'm of the school that thinks Knights is essentially, in terms of power and 'iconic-ness' (can't think of the actual word for that...) their Won't Get Fooled Again, and should generally be their de facto closer, or at least close to it). It's such a shame that these opinions are expressed with such vitriol.

Haha, the vitriol develops for a lot over time. It's like a married couple, as first it's all awesome, but as the years go it gets harder to satisfy one another. I'm never that good at metaphors, but hopefully you get what I mean.

I love UD as a song, but it just doesn't work live. And it's not because it's a slow song. It's that it's just DULL live. Songs like blackout and ruled by secrecy are both slow but they still make me pee my pants of happiness.

I'm late on here but WTF? Apart from GL and UD there isn't a single song I'd complain about on that set, the position of the songs are all to fuck though! I seen a few pics of the stage a few hours ago and got butterflies for seeing them in Manchester! Can't help but feeling completely underwhelmed that their closing with starlight, and is it true that he doesn't play any guitar at all during it now?

I love UD as a song, but it just doesn't work live. And it's not because it's a slow song. It's that it's just DULL live. Songs like blackout and ruled by secrecy are both slow but they still make me pee my pants of happiness.

"pee", of course :shifty:

I liked UD a lot better before they changed the synth sound, tbh.

But yeah, still much better on the album.

RBS is waaaaaaay more dull than UD live. I didn't know what to do with myself while they were playing it at Wembley :LOL:

RBS is waaaaaaay more dull than UD live. I didn't know what to do with myself while they were playing it at Wembley :LOL:

Wtf?

Srsly.

What the fucking fuck? RBS is not only one of Muse's greatest, most understated songs but also one of their all-time best live songs.

I've seen it once at the nine Muse gigs I've been to, and that was my first back in 2004 yet it sticks with me as much, if not more, than nearly everything I've seen since.

It was just so heavy. Amazing.

Complete opposite for me at Raleigh. Got both back to back (with a jam in between). RBS was sooooooo much better.

Archived