I predict they fake a power outage, and the lightbulb comes on for a song.

I can't imagine even Muse having that thing floating around.

And GL wasn't nearly as bad live as people say. A lot of those who say that, never even saw it, and yeah, people just hate other's opinions.

GL might have seemed better than it was due to my having to have suffered through Feeling Good, though.

There is that.

I saw GL three times, I didn't mind it tbh it was a nice rest, but I don't understand why they would want to bring it back, it wasn't good or interesting live :erm:

I've seen Guiding Light five times (I think). And not entirely coincidentally, it was shit every single time.

I think the most telling footage is Glastonbury 2010. Dom's face ranges from "God I'm so bored" to "I am so ashamed right now. I can't believe I'm playing this shit".

I've only seen it once, and I like it a lot. *shrug*

Couldn't see the band at all due to the pillars schtick ending up being complete balls for visibility, so can't say how everyone looked.

GL is by far the only time Dom's looked bored playing before, though. :LOL:

There's a lot of other songs I'd like to see less than seeing GL again, though.

I have no problem with people like you who've actually seen it giving their opinions, it's just eye rolling when people who've never seen things themselves whine on about them being played.

Like me saying "fuck, I hope they don't play X at the stadiums, it's shit!" when I couldn't even come close to affording to go to those gigs.

Yeah, this. I only saw it once but once was more than enough. The crowd unenthusiastically clapped along to the first few beats and then died for the rest of the song, same reaction as UD. The only thing that remotely prompted any kind of emotion or reaction from the crowd was the confetti and streamers. Even Feeling Good was more enjoyable than that.

This was sort of my whole crowd at my gigs. :( For all songs.

a while ago this interview appeared on a dutch site.

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/3382917/zanger-van-muse-vertrouwt-techniek-bij-eigen-liveshows-niet.html

it says that Matt doesn't always trust the technics used during the liveshows. That's why he loved to play Sheperds Bush empire. He also added that they might play 1 song with all the lights off (like someone mentioned before, create an own "power cut").

My thoughts about that power cut: maybe they simulate the power cut before Blackout and then the giant lightbulb will appear (like HAARP)

It'll be fake.

I just hope they try and incorporate Stockholm Syndrome and New Born into the stadium gigs without having to rotate them.

Drop New Born and just play Stockholm. New Born should be replaced with something good.

New Born has not been anywhere near as good as it used to but I still wouldn't mind seeing it.

If it were dropped we could get a couple more shorter songs in there, or one longer one. I wouldn't mind getting Take A Bow.

a while ago this interview appeared on a dutch site.

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/3382917/zanger-van-muse-vertrouwt-techniek-bij-eigen-liveshows-niet.html

it says that Matt doesn't always trust the technics used during the liveshows. That's why he loved to play Sheperds Bush empire. He also added that they might play 1 song with all the lights off (like someone mentioned before, create an own "power cut").

My thoughts about that power cut: maybe they simulate the power cut before Blackout and then the giant lightbulb will appear (like HAARP)

I was expecting that to be in English. :LOL:

And what's the fascination with creating all the fake setlists? I just don't get the appeal.

Archived