2013.07.14 - Waldbuhne, Berlin, Germany

Lazlo

Hi everyone - sorry I won't get to the meet ups - not fair to leave my non Muse friend I'm here on holiday with!

Can I just post a warning - I had my purse pick pocketed yesterday from my bag. This had a lot of my holiday spending money & 2 bank cards/student ID in it. I've had the cards cancelled & have got a crime number off the police here.

Not nice - I'm not going to let it spoil things but would hate for it to happen to anyone else.

It could of happened anywhere - Berlin has low crime rates & is a great city with lots of lovely people but like any city there are pickpockets & they got me this time. Luckily they didn't get the whole bag as that had camera, passport & iPhone in - they missed the iPhone under the purse luckily.

I thought I was being careful but wasn't enough - so just be aware of bag/money security as in any city.

Hope you have a great meet up

Berlin Musermeet

Date: July 13, 2013

Time: 13:00

To get to S-Bahn station Berlin-Pichelsdorf you need to get onto the S5 in the direction of Spandau (map). Leave the station through the east exit.

We will stake out the venue first and then go to the city center for sightseeing and some drinks with fellow musers :)

At 17:00 we will be under the Brandenburger Tor to pickup some fellow musers who can't make it before 17:00.

RSVP list:

-------------------------

Lazlo +1

charming queen

MaxManSmart

scifigeekgirl

andiihsandi

Spread the word!

Helloooh

I am Dominik, please can i join you? :)

I´m not sure when i will be in Berlin (cause i am also in St. Goarshausen today), maybe someone can write me a message on my phone so that i have a number? That would be very nice! Because i am just in an internetcafe right now and i don´t know when i can go to the internet again. My number is 00436601610517

Hopefully see you soon :)

Helloooh

I am Dominik, please can i join you? :)

I´m not sure when i will be in Berlin (cause i am also in St. Goarshausen today), maybe someone can write me a message on my phone so that i have a number? That would be very nice! Because i am just in an internetcafe right now and i don´t know when i can go to the internet again. My number is 00436601610517

Hopefully see you soon :)

We're doing 2 meetups at Saturday so no worries. I'll update Lazlo's post later when you're sure about your arrival time.

Oh and sorry to disturb you, if someone have any informations about a cheap hostel or anything please just let me know, thank you :)

AO Hostels are pretty good on your wallet. I dont know about last minute bookings though.

Hi! I'm new to this forum! I'm just wondering what time do you think the concert will end? I have to catch the S-Bahn at 21:13, to catch the train but I don't want to miss the ending :(..

Also, what time are you planning on standing in line on Sunday? I would really like to meet up..

Thanks!

Hi! I'm new to this forum! I'm just wondering what time do you think the concert will end? I have to catch the S-Bahn at 21:13, to catch the train but I don't want to miss the ending :(..

Also, what time are you planning on standing in line on Sunday? I would really like to meet up..

Thanks!

If you're lucky you can maybe see 1 or 2 songs then :rolleyes:

I guess they'll start at 19.30 - 20 p.m. and play about 2 hours. Where do you have to go? You will probably miss half of the gig and that totally sucks!

I have to take a 10pm train to Braunschweig but I'm looking at other options right now, maybe spend the night in Berlin and leave early in the morning for work.

Thanks for your reply!

hopefully they'll play later but I guess the early curfew rules in Berlin are forcing them to start earlier :(

What time is curfew?

I think it's good if they start a bit early, especially because the doors open at 16:00 already and there is only one support act.

The only reason why starting late is good is because it will be dark(er).

What time is curfew?

I think it's good if they start a bit early, especially because the doors open at 16:00 already and there is only one support act.

Longer set for both Muse and Biffy :D

What time is curfew?

don't know sure about the curfew yet. but what you said made me change my mind a bit because I hate waiting :p. If we''ll get the full 2 hour set i'd be happy anyway :LOL:

don't know sure about the curfew yet. but what you said made me change my mind a bit because I hate waiting :p. If we''ll get the full 2 hour set i'd be happy anyway :LOL:

as far as I know the curfew is at 22:00 :(

Berlin Musermeet

Date: July 13, 2013

Time: 13:00

To get to S-Bahn station Berlin-Pichelsdorf you need to get onto the S5 in the direction of Spandau (map). Leave the station through the east exit.

We will stake out the venue first and then go to the city center for sightseeing and some drinks with fellow musers

At 17:00 we will be under the Brandenburger Tor to pickup some fellow musers who can't make it before 17:00.

RSVP list:

Lazlo +1

charming queen

MaxManSmart

scifigeekgirl

andiihsandi

Second Meeting: 17:00

----------------------------

markrhcpmuse

Alesi08

SnkRay

----------------------------

Spread the word!

i'm really looking forward to this gig :). my first muse gig in my hometown :).

like some on here, i too think that the setlist for this gig (and the loreley gig) may be shortened. in 2010 they had a gig in Helsinki, where they used their festival stage set up instead of their stadium stage, even though it was their own show. the result was, that they played less songs then they did in comparison to one of their "normal" stadium gigs at the time. we too will get some sort of smaller production, i hope that doesn't mean we'll get a shorter setlist as well. i suppose we'll find out about that tonight...

Anyone heard anymore about the camera situation?

I'd emailed the stadium but in English but never got a reply.

Don't want to get there to find my camera can't go in & I'll need to get out as soon as it finishes as I want to get back to Alexanderplatz as I'm travelling on my own.

Anyone heard anymore about the camera situation?

I'd emailed the stadium but in English but never got a reply.

Don't want to get there to find my camera can't go in & I'll need to get out as soon as it finishes as I want to get back to Alexanderplatz as I'm travelling on my own.

on youtube there are loads of vids from events/gigs at the Waldbuhne, I guess there's no restriction for pocketcameras like Panasonic Lumix or other small camera's

Archived