2013.07.14 - Waldbuhne, Berlin, Germany

Lazlo

Crosspost from the sexyplane:

I was at the gig yesterday and normally I'm quite the setlist critic. Setlistwise it was absolutely rubbish, especially as this was the most expensive concert of the tour.

Experiencewise this was one of the best. It was a really, really, scaled down show, the venue was amazing so that you could look down on the stage and see everything and it felt like seeing Muse in a small club. It was very interesting to see the band out of their comfort zone, not being able to use all the bells and whistles but just having to play at the same spot most of the time.

I was dissappointed by the setlist, but not by the set. The songs sounded spot on, and it was amazing to be so close to the stage and see everything so clearly.

Note: I have been at the bar at several stadium concerts, but being fourth row (first row that had benches to stand on and look over the first three rows) felt closer then ever.

I'm curious if they're gonna change things up a bit, because everyone really was expecting an encore, not in the way that people just wanted more, but the show was just not done yet. Isolated System didn't feel like one because Morgan was on stage and perfectly visible the whole time, so it never felt as if they left. People clep clapping/yelling for at least five minutes after Survival, and people didn't even start leaving until 5 minutes after Survival, the band must've noticed this. Little bit hard to explain but this was definitely something different then normally where people, knowing it won't happen, just clap for more.

Hey everybody,

I'm new here and really looking forward to tomorrow's show. As I noticed that some of you queue early in the morning I wondered what time I have to arrive to have a safe place in the standing area - let's say maximum 5 metres from the stage. Will 4 pm be early enough?

I actually don't want to arrive before doors open because I'm on tour with another great band :D at the moment and queue all the time. As I don't know how crazy Muse fans are about queuing and arriving early, I would be happy for your advice :)

Have a good time in Berlin and enjoy the show tomorrow!

Bye...

Hey everybody,

I'm new here and really looking forward to tomorrow's show. As I noticed that some of you queue early in the morning I wondered what time I have to arrive to have a safe place in the standing area - let's say maximum 5 metres from the stage. Will 4 pm be early enough?

I actually don't want to arrive before doors open because I'm on tour with another great band :D at the moment and queue all the time. As I don't know how crazy Muse fans are about queuing and arriving early, I would be happy for your advice :)

Bye...

There will be people queueing now :)

Hey everybody,

Bye...

I arrived at about 3:30 pm at the Amsterdam gig because I had school first, but I managed to get to the barrier! I don't know how common this is, I might have been very very lucky, but it's possible.

There will be people queueing now :)

Impressive :) But how many will this be until tomorrow afternoon? I suppose it's always the same lot of people queuing, isn't it? Just assume so because it's like that with other bands. I observed that normally there is a bunch of people that arrives early and then only some scattered persons until one hour before doors open. So normally there is no trouble to get a place in the first rows when arriving with doors open. But maybe it's completely different with Muse?! That's why I ask ;)

@010101

Thanks for that info, sounds good to me!

Since the show last night got such a dissapointing setlist my hopes for tomorrow have fallen a lot.

But the Berlin venue is quite bigger and there have been a lot of big bands over the years.

Prediction for tomorrow with personal touch:

1. Unsustainable
  2. Supremacy
  3. Supermassive Black Hole
  4. Panic Station
  5. Bliss
  6. Resistance
  7. Plug In Baby
  8. Animals
  9. Knights of Cydonia
  10. Jam
  11. Sunburn (unlikely, I know)
  12. Dead Star (even more unlikely, yes)
  13. Jam
  14. Feeling Good (unfortunately not unlikely)
  15. Follow Me
  16. Liquid State
  17. Madness
  18. Time Is Running Out
  19. New Born (would prefer Stockholm, but has been played the last three gigs)
  20. Unintended
  21. Guiding Light
  22. Undisclosed Desires
    --------------------------------
    Isolated System
  23. Uprising
  24. Starlight
  25. Survival

I'm hearing something about wristbands, can anyone confirm/deny?

Last time I went to a Muse concert with wristbands (Helsinki 2010), we found out that people who had just happened to show up outside the arena (/stage area as it was in a park) the evening prior to the concert were given wristbands which let them arrive 15 minutes before the doors opened and skip the queue. Having queued all day since early morning in alarmingly hot weather... we were royally pissed. So I REALLY hope it won't be the same tomorrow.

I'm hearing something about wristbands, can anyone confirm/deny?

Last time I went to a Muse concert with wristbands (Helsinki 2010), we found out that people who had just happened to show up outside the arena (/stage area as it was in a park) the evening prior to the concert were given wristbands which let them arrive 15 minutes before the doors opened and skip the queue. Having queued all day since early morning in alarmingly hot weather... we were royaly pissed. So I REALLY hope it won't be the same tomorrow.

Id not heard anything but this did happen in Marley Park some years back I spent the day sight seeing and arrived about 5pm and was given a wrist band and didnt realise it was for the golden circle - had not expected it and did seem unfair but meant i was close to the front which was really good.

great gig, a pity they only played 1 piano song and cut out blackout and Dracula Mountain (jam). Liked that the catwalk was much shorter than at the other gigs so I had great view at the B-stage AND mainstage

to everybody who were at the muse meeting. nice to meet you guys and hang out the day before. Hopefully you all had an amazing time.

Lady in red dancing on the stairs/seats (even before the gig started), you are my idol.

Nice gig, i'm glad they played bliss, such a shame though when they have to make some cuts they leave out some good stuff (sunburn, dead star etc...) and stick with that fucking guiding light.

Lady in red dancing on the stairs/seats (even before the gig started), you are my idol.

Nice gig, i'm glad they played bliss, such a shame though when they have to make some cuts they leave out some good stuff (sunburn, dead star etc...) and stick with that fucking guiding light.

Haha She was brilliant. She must have an unlimited amount of energy

great gig, a pity they only played 1 piano song and cut out blackout and Dracula Mountain (jam). Liked that the catwalk was much shorter than at the other gigs so I had great view at the B-stage AND mainstage

to everybody who were at the muse meeting. nice to meet you guys and hang out the day before. Hopefully you all had an amazing time.

Hey Mark, did charmingqueen managed to secure the front row?

Great to see you guys, it's quite a shame that we couldn't meet up again after the gig. I'll see you guys around next time. Don't forget the pics!

Great gig last night what a location it was. Couldn't believe how close we were to the stage, almost touching distance. Saw a saltire at the front of the mini stage, was that anyone from the forums? Saggy dancing lady was awesome, entertained me more than biffy clyro did... Pics and vids when I get back home.

Archived