2013.07.14 - Waldbuhne, Berlin, Germany

Lazlo

My first post here...

What a great evening and a lovely audience. I surprised my daughter the day before the concert with tickets to Berlin so we took the train to Copenhagen and then the plane to Berlin for a 3 days mini holiday. I don't regret it. I've been to maybe 400-500 concerts since the early 1970's. Muse in Berlin goes definitely in to my top ten of all I've been to.

Here's my contribution. Amazing what a shitty iPhone 4 can produce. We stood at the same row about 20 meters to the right from the magical woman in red :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYSnge5Jgck&feature=share&list=UUGR4StvTsQfkYPjMWbsoFEg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYSnge5Jgck&feature=share&list=UUGR4StvTsQfkYPjMWbsoFEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tgbW-nUl8&feature=share&list=UUGR4StvTsQfkYPjMWbsoFEg

FINALLY have got round to doing this - it has taken me this long to catch up on sleep and Real Life Crap!

Anyway: I had an utterly amazing time last weekend. Managed to get to my hotel ok - found the airport bus goes straight to Alexanderplatz :) Thanks to Max for showing me around on my first night - we found some cool bars.:D Really good to meet up with more musers on the Saturday - Lazlo and Marge (hope I've got that right), Andi, Huei and the rest of you - you were lovely, but we walked so goddamn far that I ended up with blisters!

The gig was brilliant - I got a little space on the barrier, far righthand side, separated from the gang, but I stayed there coz I could actually SEE. Some lovely people kept my spot when I went for food/toilet. Oh god yes the Stairs were steep and went on and on - going up was knackering, coming down was nervewracking. But Waldebuhne was beautiful. Yay we got Bliss, and Hysteria. :happy: No Blackout/balloonlady:(; we got the evil bankers, which I didn't think they'd do this time. I also loved Charles going through the crowd!:D AND considering all the hooha about the curfew, Muse played for a pretty decent length - almost 2hours, finished about 10.30. The boys all looked really happy :) Negative points: I missed the normal/large screens...and I could really do without Berlusconi in a bikini! *eek*

Sorry I have no pics of gig coz I am crap at taking them :rolleyes: and my camera is not good.

Berlin itself was a fab fab place. Although ATM it is like one HUGE building site - cranes everywhere! The architecture is stunning, the museums are amazing, I got to see bits of the Wall (street art project), saw lots of arty graffiti, and stumbled on a little (yep arty again :D:D) Sunday market :happy: Wished I could have stayed for longer...

All in all, this was a great early birthday present to myself :p

Just back from Berlin after an amazing gig and holiday. Not sure if everybody noticed, but the piano was ready below the B stage. It was raised after the show ended and I screamed like mad when I saw it as I thought for a few seconds that there would be an extra encore after Starlight. Now I wonder, were extra songs in the setlist, but not played due to a 10:30 curfew? Anyone has or has seen a copy of the setlist? My 10 year old daughter really loved the show being seated so close to the action, explosion and all. But seeing the piano raise right in front of her eyes would have been perfect! Oh well... you cannot have everything. :LOL:

It was raised after the show ended and I screamed like mad when I saw it as I thought for a few seconds that there would be an extra encore after Starlight. Now I wonder, were extra songs in the setlist, but not played due to a 10:30 curfew?

I'm not sure about the curfew, but if it really was 10.30 then there was plenty of time to do the piano song and the "normal" song before Feeling Good.

I checked the clock when they finished and as I remember it was 10.15.

Huge thanks to all who posted photos and videos, it was an amazing night!

Lars R: Thank you for the video of the beginning! I even saw my raised flag in it - in front of Matt, at 5:30 (after losing my photo with it)!

greatkingrat: a photo of the setlist was uploaded here:

http://muse.mu/tour-dates,waldbuhne-berlin-germany_1823.htm?viewfanphoto=20798&pgf=1

I'd like to ask German speaking audience what did Matt say at the end of Guiding Light?

You can hear it here at 3:39:

Stay amused :)

I'd like to ask German speaking audience what did Matt say at the end of Guiding Light?

You can hear it here at 3:39:

It's hard to hear with the "wooooooo"-guy in the background. :LOL:

My best guess is this:

Danke schön!

----, wie geht’s?

Es ist so ---- in Deutschland zu sein!

Translated:

Thank you very much!

----, how are you?

It's so ---- to be in Germany!

I think it´s:

Danke schön!

Deutschland, wie geht’s?

Es ist schön wieder in Deutschland zu sein!

Translated:

Thank you very much!

Germany, how are you?

It's beautiful to be back in Germany!

The same stuff he said at Loreley:p

I think it´s:

Danke schön!

Deutschland, wie geht’s?

Es ist schön wieder in Deutschland zu sein!

Translated:

Thank you very much!

Germany, how are you?

It's beautiful to be back in Germany!

The same stuff he said at Loreley:p

Yep, that's right, I agree. ;)

But urgh, as you say it was the same as he said in Loreley, and it just reminds of how the concerts from the biggest bands around the world nowadays just get more and more uninspired and "another-day-at-the-office".

Every little thing and detail are planned before hand, and it's not just Muse.

I do have some photos but from the back however I did take a few zoomed in pics of the barrier crowd which I will eventually put on here in case anyone spots themselves or their friends.

I was trying out the zoom on the TZ -30 camera and it was pretty good!

I'm not sure about the curfew, but if it really was 10.30 then there was plenty of time to do the piano song and the "normal" song before Feeling Good.

I checked the clock when they finished and as I remember it was 10.15.

I've took a pic from the timetable which was under the b-stage. Muse were supposed to come on at 20:15 and play until 22:30. But they started at 20:30 if i remember correctly so that's 15 min later.

Dracula mountain, 1 piano song (played on the piano at b-stage) & black out is just like 15min of a gig.

P1020956.thumb.JPG.d260d95fe40022e2b734d1ef13d7e6c4.JPG

Huge thanks to all who posted photos and videos, it was an amazing night!

Lars R: Thank you for the video of the beginning! I even saw my raised flag in it - in front of Matt, at 5:30 (after losing my photo with it)!

:LOL: You're welcome.

I am wondering about the "incident" when Matt threw the guitar into the grand piano between two songs. Does he do that on every show or was it something happened that made him upset at the Waldbühne.

:LOL: You're welcome.

I am wondering about the "incident" when Matt threw the guitar into the grand piano between two songs. Does he do that on every show or was it something happened that made him upset at the Waldbühne.

No, he has done that a few other times during the tour.

He does either that or throwing it into/at Dom's drumkit.

A few times I think he has also just thrown it around the stage and in Vegas in March he threw it into the crowd. :happy:

Thanks for the translation!

Yep, that's right, I agree. ;)

But urgh, as you say it was the same as he said in Loreley, and it just reminds of how the concerts from the biggest bands around the world nowadays just get more and more uninspired and "another-day-at-the-office".

Every little thing and detail are planned before hand, and it's not just Muse.

However I wouldn't expect from anyone to learn more phrases in a foreign language :)

Hi Lazlo, charmingqueen, will, and all board members who helped me on this project.

Sorry for the wait, the video is finally done. 7045 people from Indonesian Muse Fans thanked you guys. If you want to see the video, here it is.

qHpdVLMVYVY

The names of the helpers from board.muse.mu is on the credits. (the guys who came to the meetups :awesome:)

Will, thanks for being a great cameraman.

Hi Lazlo, charmingqueen, will, and all board members who helped me on this project.

Sorry for the wait, the video is finally done. 7045 people from Indonesian Muse Fans thanked you guys. If you want to see the video, here it is.

qHpdVLMVYVY

The names of the helpers from board.muse.mu is on the credits. (the guys who came to the meetups :awesome:)

Will, thanks for being a great cameraman.

Awesome Video! Glad everything worked out, the wind noise hurt it somewhat, but you had captions, haha.

Here are my pictures from the show, got a few good ones.

Awesome Video! Glad everything worked out, the wind noise hurt it somewhat, but you had captions, haha.

Indeed an awesome video. Thanks for the pictures, they are nice. :)

Great pictures Will!! How did you get your big photocamera inside? Or did you have a small pocket camera for the gig?

Archived