Manson Signature Guitars MB-2 SE

james90

My immediate guess was SE for Seattle...or is that a different guitar...I lose track these days...:erm:

Yeah, so many new guitars at once!

It's a different guitar. The MB-2 SE is based on the first guitar he had built with the X-Y pad

http://musewiki.org/Manson_M1D1_Black

The seattle was the M1D1's replacement, and has the automatic tuning system on it, as well as different pickups

http://musewiki.org/Manson_Black_Midi

Well just got back from Mansons and i've got an MB-2 put back for me :) looking to trade my MB-1 in so just got to see what kind of money i will get for that before 100% committing.

The current demo MB-2 SE is one of 2 prototypes. The current one is made of mahogany and they are making a second one out of poplar and going to compare the two and make a decision on which one to use. they are also still wondering whether to mount the sustainer intensity control pot on the front like the original M1D1 black and also thinking they will do away with the push button kill switch.

Looks stunning in the flesh but sounds like there might be a change or two before the final models are made! Also sounds like they will only ever make 20 and Adrian said to me that that might even drop to 15!!!

Well just got back from Mansons and i've got an MB-2 put back for me :) looking to trade my MB-1 in so just got to see what kind of money i will get for that before 100% committing.

The current demo MB-2 SE is one of 2 prototypes. The current one is made of mahogany and they are making a second one out of poplar and going to compare the two and make a decision on which one to use. they are also still wondering whether to mount the sustainer intensity control pot on the front like the original M1D1 black and also thinking they will do away with the push button kill switch.

Looks stunning in the flesh but sounds like there might be a change or two before the final models are made! Also sounds like they will only ever make 20 and Adrian said to me that that might even drop to 15!!!

yeah that's what i heard too

i'm guessing the sustainer intensity control was on the original's front so matt could adjust it mid song if it started squealing (or for when he switches from single coil to series). it doesn't actually seem necessary here, but i'd leave it. just because.

yeah that's what i heard too

i'm guessing the sustainer intensity control was on the original's front so matt could adjust it mid song if it started squealing (or for when he switches from single coil to series). it doesn't actually seem necessary here, but i'd leave it. just because.

i've got it built in to my 007 and chrome bomber replicas, i find it very handy to use on the fly :)

Gross

hahaha

Damn.

Please stop posting pictures, I really want this guitar! Are the p90's paralleled, or series??

Also, Musecasters, I want to pick your brains if you wouldn't mind ;)

if they're wired like the original, it should be a push/pull tone pot which switches between series and the bridge facing P90 only

hahaha

if they're wired like the original, it should be a push/pull tone pot which switches between series and the bridge facing P90 only

yes thats how they are wired and i can confirm it does have a push/pull pot. Sending my deposit next week and they are holding one for me :)

according to adrian they will be done around june time :)

right well thats the MB-1 traded in and used for me deposit for a shiny new MB-2 :D

Well excited!!. now its time for the 7 month wait!!

Apparently they are still deciding on wood but its more than likely going to be poplar. They are also going to try and make it as close as possible to being identical to Matts one. So they are doing away with the killbutton and i'm guessing they will mount the intensity knob too.

Archived