Manson Signature Guitars MB-2 SE

james90

B's thats an interesting thought on the certificate, however I think that the fact that Matt Bellamy has signed it rules out it being a new certificate (unless they have duplicates ready signed to go?)

james90, My initial thoughts were that it was preowned and sent back, but even then the 10th of february until the 28th of february seems like a short time to own a guitar, I think I'm going to run with Rust_relic's theory that somebody had ordered it and then couldn't afford it / changed their mind?

Anyway heres a photo of the certificate.

Thanks,

Dean

Certificate.thumb.jpg.d03464e5f7ce6af37d8b82084a4caad1.jpg

I can only imagine it was purchased and the buyer backed out, or owned for a short time and NEVER played.

They did say from the beginning (or at least before they were completed) that there were only 18 of them, so it's not like it's an additional one that was made afterwards.

But still, it's a bit weird about the date on the certificate. You do have a good point about Matt signing it.

When I spoke with Adrian, he said that the idea for this guitar was to sell it out right so no finance deals were available, this makes me think it was a show(s) only deal. It's just a little strange that the guitar nor case were on view, I spotted it behind some other guitars when I was looking at the cort MBC-1.

When I receive my stickers I'll pop him another email asking if the guitar has any history, just gave it a good playing and it feels amazing! Glad my fiancée allowed me an early wedding pressie.

Thanks,

Dean

Thank you, my original plan was to get on the waiting list for the next DL-1 / DL-1 R run, which I believe is going to be announced soon, I think Adrian wanted to announce it last week but they've been over ran with cort MBC-1 orders :)

Thanks,

Dean

Thank you, my original plan was to get on the waiting list for the next DL-1 / DL-1 R run, which I believe is going to be announced soon, I think Adrian wanted to announce it last week but they've been over ran with cort MBC-1 orders :)

Thanks,

Dean

Can't go wrong with either one, but good move getting the MB-2, since there's only one batch of those.

I should get a DL-1R. Still haven't caught up with musecasters in the amount of MoCs it seems

If the date on the certificate is handwritten, then they'll just add that on right before they send it out. I can't quite tell from the picture. If it's printed, then they're a bit more stuck, like that one person who received their 2014 MB-1 in the last few days of 2013 or something, haha! And rust_relic, I just meant changing so many times, but as long as you're happy, haha! ;)

If the date on the certificate is handwritten, then they'll just add that on right before they send it out. I can't quite tell from the picture. If it's printed, then they're a bit more stuck, like that one person who received their 2014 MB-1 in the last few days of 2013 or something, haha! And rust_relic, I just meant changing so many times, but as long as you're happy, haha! ;)

The MB-2 certificates look handwritten. Do you suppose they have Matt and Hugh sign them, and put the date on whenever the guitars are actually shipped?

For what it's worth, my MB-1 certificate seems to have been handwritten (with exception of the year which was printed) the same day it was shipped.

The MB-2 certificates look handwritten. Do you suppose they have Matt and Hugh sign them, and put the date on whenever the guitars are actually shipped?

Pretty certain that that's the way they do it. Especially when Matt's overseas or whatever, they must have to get him to sign them all months in advance of guitar completion. Then just fill in the date when it's about to go out - my MB-1 is the same as yours like that too.

Pretty certain that that's the way they do it. Especially when Matt's overseas or whatever, they must have to get him to sign them all months in advance of guitar completion. Then just fill in the date when it's about to go out - my MB-1 is the same as yours like that too.

we have so much in common :happy:

• 2 months later...

For what it's worth, my MB-1 certificate seems to have been handwritten (with exception of the year which was printed) the same day it was shipped.

They sign them then the date and number applied in front of you if you pick it up. Adrian wrote mine out while I was there.

Archived