Manson Signature Guitars MB-2 SE

james90

i had a jam on the mb-2 when i visited, it's bloody brilliant.

I held it and discussed the electronics setup, but didn't ask to try it out. Wish I did, but it probably will sound a bit different since it's made of mahogany instead of poplar

Would be interesting to compare the sound of the mahogany prototype with one of the poplar ones.

Maybe rust_relic can do that if he's picking his up. Not that it's really important to know the difference.... :twitchy:

Hey,

Have you been notified that your MB-2 is ready?!?!

That's the prototype, tried it in the shop a few months back, lovely guitar

Haven't heard anything yet, popped in the shop yesterday to get a refret on one of my Tele's, I'm sure if it was finished they would have told me! :)

Haven't heard anything yet, popped in the shop yesterday to get a refret on one of my Tele's, I'm sure if it was finished they would have told me! :)

The '73 tele? They're refretting my '73 strat at the moment!

As for the tone control, that's a bit weird... there's a noticeable difference between the two settings.

I got very excited for a minute there. Apparently the first MB-2 will be ready mid Dec, so depending on where you are on the list (of 17) depends on how quickly after that you get it. I reckon mine will be Jan if not Feb next year as I'm 14 of 17.

Did they mention anything about the cool extras that will come with the guitar?

I got very excited for a minute there. Apparently the first MB-2 will be ready mid Dec' date=' so depending on where you are on the list (of 17) depends on how quickly after that you get it. I reckon mine will be Jan if not Feb next year as I'm 14 of 17.[/quote']

I don't know where I am on the list. I requested one shortly after they announced them (minutes after the guitar show started actually :facepalm: ) so I imagine in the first ten at least. When did you order yours?

I don't know where I am on the list. I requested one shortly after they announced them (minutes after the guitar show started actually :facepalm: ) so I imagine in the first ten at least. When did you order yours?

It was more a case of when people put their deposits down I believe. I was one of the last because I traded in my MA with fuzz and sustain as the deposit a week after the show.

Why 17? :erm:

Not too sure. Adrian said at the time of release it may be 15 or it may be 20 but what may have happened is they sold 15, but the 2 prototypes may have been added to the 'run'.

Or, perhaps there were 2 very important Manson's customers who really wanted one do the list grew by 2. Who knows;)

It was more a case of when people put their deposits down I believe. I was one of the last because I traded in my MA with fuzz and sustain as the deposit a week after the show.

Well basically I just had to say yes or no when I emailed them during the show so they could put one aside. I don't know if that means I'm one of the first though.

Not too sure. Adrian said at the time of release it may be 15 or it may be 20 but what may have happened is they sold 15, but the 2 prototypes may have been added to the 'run'.

Or, perhaps there were 2 very important Manson's customers who really wanted one do the list grew by 2. Who knows;)

Yeah, last I heard was "as little as 15"

I imagine 15 for general sale, and the two others are Marx B and Manfromcydonia himself.

Yeah, how could they not already know the answer?

Oh and also, does anyone know what string gauge these are shipping with? I'm guessing 10-52

It's a no brainer with this sig model;) gonna be worth their weight in gold in the future too!

I reckon they'll ship with 10-52 gauge strings.

It's a no brainer with this sig model;) gonna be worth their weight in gold in the future too!

I reckon they'll ship with 10-52 gauge strings.

And for most of their other stuff in my case :stunned:

That makes sense. I recall they only sent the DL-1s with 10-46 gauge strings because they had a bigger sound or something like that, while the MB-1s could benefit from the sound of those heavier strings. It's probably going to be the same with the MB-2 (although the two P90s do sound massive in series)

I just love the idea of James being given the choice of yes or no, and his brain frantically searching for the word no in a mental dictionary somewhere, and the gasps of incomprehension that would echo as one through the Mansons workshop if he managed to say it, haha! "Yes or...what was the second one again? :erm:" :LOL:

No harm meant, mate, you know that! ;)

It is my '73 telecaster they are refretting, had to be done soon.

i ordered mine at the show so would have paid the deposit later in the day i suppose, haven't heard what the extras are yet :-)

Yeah, my old strat really needed it as well. I think I must have five guitars that they're repairing/modifying, plus the works guitars :stunned:

You might be the first then. Didn't one other person buy one during the show? Or was that me?

I just love the idea of James being given the choice of yes or no, and his brain frantically searching for the word no in a mental dictionary somewhere, and the gasps of incomprehension that would echo as one through the Mansons workshop if he managed to say it, haha! "Yes or...what was the second one again? :erm:" :LOL:

No harm meant, mate, you know that! ;)

I did turn down one guitar before :$ I would've bought it if I wasn't calling up to pay for my MB-1.

Archived