matthijs

Does anyone know a good free program for mac which is good for guitar mock ups + a tutorial or something? Or can someone do it for me if I PM them? I have this EPIC idea for a guitar' date=' I just need to see it... :([/quote']

I used this to design my custom guitar a few months ago, it's good if it is based on an existing design, not if it isn't. It was only a basic design, we got the rest by stripping apart my Telecaster Plus and getting dimensions & outlines from it! :)

http://www.yajimastringworks.com/tct/yswtct-kisekae-e.asp

telecaster1.jpg

259019_10151055183082091_421366325_o.jpg

Still has to be painted, wired & setup :)

That was just a dry build to see if it all worked out ok, it's been shipped off for painting, hopefully will be finished in about a month. The neck was bought from Phill a few months back

A few people have mentioned leaving it natural but love sunburst Telecasters

This is on topic - Manson's supplied the bridge pickup, sustainer & tuners and will wire it and set it up :)

I used this to design my custom guitar a few months ago, it's good if it is based on an existing design, not if it isn't. It was only a basic design, we got the rest by stripping apart my Telecaster Plus and getting dimensions & outlines from it! :)

http://www.yajimastringworks.com/tct/yswtct-kisekae-e.asp

telecaster1.jpg

259019_10151055183082091_421366325_o.jpg

Still has to be painted, wired & setup :)

Woah looks awesome! Mine's an e shape though :p

That was just a dry build to see if it all worked out ok, it's been shipped off for painting, hopefully will be finished in about a month. The neck was bought from Phill a few months back

A few people have mentioned leaving it natural but love sunburst Telecasters

This is on topic - Manson's supplied the bridge pickup, sustainer & tuners and will wire it and set it up :)

nice

did your MA-2 end up selling? not that i'm considering buying it

i think i might change the pickups in mine though. the P rails seem a bit weak compared to the BKPs.

It sold about a week after I took it down there, It was a lovely guitar but something had to go to pay for the CE-7

http://en-gb.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=552361528113198&set=a.193935617289126.57808.143172872365401&type=1&theater

The MBK-1 in the bridge was lovely, had more dynamics than the MBK-2, can't recommend these MBK Manson pickups enough

:)

Hey Bs, what did you have for the hex pickup on your custom? was it a roland or a graph tech?

Sorry, James, I was down in London for a Godspeed You! Black Emperor show. It's Graph Tech saddle inserts fitted into a ZR bridge...I'll be running it through a Roland converter though...

nice

what are you going to have done to your second one exactly?

I'll kit my second MA-2 with a sustainer and MIDI screen. Adrian said he'd sort me out with a MIDI screen since I bugged him for ages about them. They're planning on releasing the MIDI screen option to the public soon, for £355. I still need to find out whether it's a MIDI mini or not.

I'll kit my second MA-2 with a sustainer and MIDI screen. Adrian said he'd sort me out with a MIDI screen since I bugged him for ages about them. They're planning on releasing the MIDI screen option to the public soon, for £355. I still need to find out whether it's a MIDI mini or not.

that's cool, do you know if they can do this mod to existing guitars? I imagine so, if you're buying a MA-2 and having it modded afterwards

and probably smaller than the MB-1 screen anyway - there's a bit less room on the body

and Bs, what roland gear are you going to use with it?

Ever so tempted on another midi screen. BUT that would devalue my mb-1's purpose

Hah when discussing my custom with Hugh he tried to convince me to put a midi pad in at the bottom, also tried to get me to go mahogany (which I might actually do now). He also said he would drive around in his car with it trailing off at the back to relic it :LOL:

Hah when discussing my custom with Hugh he tried to convince me to put a midi pad in at the bottom, also tried to get me to go mahogany (which I might actually do now).

will the burst look the same though? assuming you want the one like on my tele (which is ash)

will the burst look the same though? assuming you want the one like on my tele (which is ash)

My only concern with ash is the grain can be pretty fierce looking, depends on the cut I guess.

Mahogany:

bst2usftbmh_1.jpg

I guess it might be a bit darker with mahog though...

Hah when discussing my custom with Hugh he tried to convince me to put a midi pad in at the bottom, also tried to get me to go mahogany (which I might actually do now). He also said he would drive around in his car with it trailing off at the back to relic it :LOL:

Sounds like he's bored of your specs

Well at least they didn't spell it like that :p and do they even talk about what the light panel kaoss pad MIDI PAD does?

No! :facepalm: they include a picture of that blue glittery weird guitar with a mirror scratch plate though... It's basically about Hugh's life. I'll still scan it though!

Archived