matthijs

I did indeedy! Ooh really? How exciting! :D I've been getting really tempted to call to see how long as they aren't the best in replying to e-mails... Well, my ones!

How much is the shipping for those who had one in the UK?

Yeah, last week Tim posted that he was wiring up the X-Y pads and sustainers

I looked at some of the old posts, and apparently it's £15...but I'm not sure about that. Maybe Bs or crazybobbles can tell you exactly what it was.

Yeah, last week Tim posted that he was wiring up the X-Y pads and sustainers

I looked at some of the old posts, and apparently it's £15...but I'm not sure about that. Maybe Bs or crazybobbles can tell you exactly what it was.

Thought it was £40. Which was an epic waste for me given that I had to head back to Mansons.

Is it me or is the sustainiac route the wrong size for the pickup itself on the Matt's black glitter seven string

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/c1l88/image73d

Unlike Mansons to do that isn't it, especially on Matt's guitars

hmm maybe the 'feet' (where the screws go through) are a different size on the sustainiac. not sure though, can't find a picture of the 7 string version

Cost me a train ticket :awesome:

:supersad:

Maybe they are doing CNC for his guitars as well and the paths were too large, This is a VERY plausible solution to that question. I have had many great builders tell me CNC is the future of the custom guitar industry.

As have I. Speaking of which:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=967183

Started by our very own Seth Baccus, actually!

Is it me or is the sustainiac route the wrong size for the pickup itself on the Matt's black glitter seven string

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/c1l88/image73d

Unlike Mansons to do that isn't it, especially on Matt's guitars

No, it needs to be wider for the part with the screws to go in...It's the kind of thing you don't see if you have a pickguards to cover it up, or have pickup surrounds, but if you don't have either, you need that extra space for the screws to go into the guitar...That's just the way it is...If you look at Matt's other guitars with the Fernandes, it's exactly the same...

No, it needs to be wider for the part with the screws to go in...It's the kind of thing you don't see if you have a pickguards to cover it up, or have pickup surrounds, but if you don't have either, you need that extra space for the screws to go into the guitar...That's just the way it is...If you look at Matt's other guitars with the Fernandes, it's exactly the same...

I know what you mean, but that looks a bit wider than usual

I get so excited for updates when I see you post in this thread. :(

It does look a bit wider than usual, yeah, but I think that's still the reason...Overall outline might be a bit different between the two makes, but it would be for the same things I'm guessing...

And sorry, still no updates...I doubt I'll hear anything until all the MB-1s are done and the show is out of the way to be honest...That was the message I basically got last time...

I wouldn't be surprised if all the bodies and even necks are cut there and finished at Mansons. The MAs are finished and assembled abroad too obviously but the others are sent to Mansons as blanks to be finished.

No idea if that's accurate but sounds plausible to me. Would explain the extra effort in full custom shapes.

Archived