matthijs

My only concern with ash is the grain can be pretty fierce looking, depends on the cut I guess.

Mahogany:

http://3eed2c21dfedfa593e1f-544c5c71d1d3713a81a2bee21fc33f21.r65.cf3.rackcdn.com/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/s/bst2usftbmh_1.jpg

I guess it might be a bit darker with mahog though...

yeah it probably would be, and i suppose you can always ask for a piece of ash which has subtle grain patterns?

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/cskw/imagep4f

that one isn't as subtle as mine, but still looks great

also, that's one of the best necks i've seen

Tim will be doing a Q&A on reddit tomorrow for anyone who's interested in asking him a question!

u no on some of matt's guitars the kaoss pad is not actualy a pad its just 2 knobs is there a box like this and were can i get hold of one

But otherwise, I have a feeling some of the questions will be about Matt's guitars

In before James buys it...

It seems Carbon is the new Aluminium for Mansons then...I still think the swirly ali finish looks the best though...

MB-1 is currently in G B D F# B F# - I didn't think it would like it with the heavier strings, but is just taking it in its stride and sounds really good, haha! I'll probably put it back to something a bit more normal soon...

In before James buys it...

It seems Carbon is the new Aluminium for Mansons then...I still think the swirly ali finish looks the best though...

MB-1 is currently in G B D F# B F# - I didn't think it would like it with the heavier strings, but is just taking it in its stride and sounds really good, haha! I'll probably put it back to something a bit more normal soon...

Nope, though I would've been tempted if I didn't order this from Tim

-T-style ash body with silver carbon finish, slab body with black front and rear binding.

-plain maple neck with 22 fret ebony fretboard (clear gloss finish, side dots only, standard fret size, graphite nut, slightly larger soft V profile, headstock silver carbon with black logo)

-bare knuckle nailbomb bridge pickup (black cover with chrome allen bolt pole pieces)

-sustainiac single coil neck pickup

-tune o matic bridge and tailpiece

-gotoh 510 HAP tuners

-graphtech piezo acoustic preamp and hexpander

-magnetic volume, piezo volume, master tone, 3 way pickup selector, midi/mag switch, sustainiac toggle switches, standard jack and 13 pin jack

-toggle kill switch

-custom control knobs and tuning machine heads in black

-all hardware black

and what are you playing with that tuning? the only thing I'd really worry about is the extra tension on the neck, but I know how they said it wouldn't be a problem

still have mine in drop D 100% of the time though :$

MB-1 :)

congrats, what spec?

I've just been playing a bunch of Godspeed You! Black Emperor stuff...The Mansons necks seem pretty solid to be honest...It doesn't seem to be having any problem with it at the moment anyway, and the strings aren't as tense as I thought they'd be, particularly the low G...But yeah, I'll probably keep playing around for a little while more with it, and then put it down into something a bit more normal...Maybe...

I am studying Japanese, but katakana words always drive me round the bend, haha! It would be easier if they had their own words instead of just destroying the English language in the process, haha! I always feel so stupid when I eventually figure out what the word's trying to say...I can see the first sentence is basically saying that both the headstock and body and plated in aluminium, but I actually have a Japanese class to go to now, so that'll have to do for now, haha!

I have a Kanji test awaiting me too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Silver carbon yous say? mmmm, will look cool, trying to imagine #003 with the carbon pattern, might look like a gd mock up?

Not sure how to make a mock up from scratch

But imagine this instead of the red material

Silver%20Fabric.jpg

It'll still have that lacquer over it as well

And thanks Bs, I wasn't expecting anyone to translate it :p

And thanks Bs, I wasn't expecting anyone to translate it :p

Thank God for that! Haha! It also mentions the switches and controls for internal distortion and phaser circuits, but I can't be bothered going through the rest, haha! :LOL:

Thank God for that! Haha! It also mentions the switches and controls for internal distortion and phaser circuits, but I can't be bothered going through the rest, haha! :LOL:

Haha that's ok :kiss:

I wonder where that picture came from though, and if there are more of them... found it in a facebook group the other day, but I imagine it's from a magazine article

And Bob, standard chrome - not a massive fan of aluminum on mirror! although, if you're able to pull off that finish on the back, you should have no issue with these!

Bob, standard chrome - not a massive fan of aluminum on mirror! although, if you're able to pull off that finish on the back, you should have no issue with these!

Just need them polished so it looks more chrome like. Always like the look and given the fact I'm trying to stick to 3 Manson guitars, this is my only chance of rocking them since CE-7 looks weird with them on

Just need them polished so it looks more chrome like. Always like the look and given the fact I'm trying to stick to 3 Manson guitars, this is my only chance of rocking them since CE-7 looks weird with them on

can they polish them up that much?

i just bought six more of those ebay ones. two of them are going on my peddle build, but i'm going to experiment with different finishes on the others...might try some chrome paint

can they polish them up that much?

i just bought six more of those ebay ones. two of them are going on my peddle build, but i'm going to experiment with different finishes on the others...might try some chrome paint

The double neck looks pretty iPhone edge polished. Not too mention the sides, don't mind if the top isn't as polished.

How many guitars you've got going with all the luthiers in the worlds

The double neck looks pretty iPhone edge polished. Not too mention the sides, don't mind if the top isn't as polished.

How many guitars you've got going with all the luthiers in the worlds

3 :facepalm: excluding the CE-7

just bought some chrome paint, so i'll put some pictures up of these once they're painted if you're interested

Archived