matthijs

So is the show this weekend? I need to email them but probably not much point until that's out of the way...Definitely got serious pickup selector problems on the MB-1 one now...Been that way for a month or so but I wondered if it was just the battery for the sustainer...Put some new ones in and that works fine, but it's basically a one pickup guitar now, which is annoying because it's the other two positions I love most...But I probably can't get that done until custom is done and maybe when I'm getting the MB-1 midi sorted out...Which is annoying that it's being hindered by such a small thing...Argh...

So is the show this weekend? I need to email them but probably not much point until that's out of the way...Definitely got serious pickup selector problems on the MB-1 one now...Been that way for a month or so but I wondered if it was just the battery for the sustainer...Put some new ones in and that works fine, but it's basically a one pickup guitar now, which is annoying because it's the other two positions I love most...But I probably can't get that done until custom is done and maybe when I'm getting the MB-1 midi sorted out...Which is annoying that it's being hindered by such a small thing...Argh...

What's up with it? Is it the mbk2 that got merked? Think I had a similar issue but a few wiggles on the kill switch and pickup switch solved it, granted it does crackle when I slowly change pickups or kill switch... Not sure if that's an issue...

What's up with it? Is it the mbk2 that got merked? Think I had a similar issue but a few wiggles on the kill switch and pickup switch solved it, granted it does crackle when I slowly change pickups or kill switch... Not sure if that's an issue...

MBK works fine...But I can't get any sound out of the neck pick up...If I hit the strings really really hard I can sometimes get it back until I change pick up again and it sounds as good as ever...But yeah, seems like the pick up selector is screwed...A bit annoying to spend £3700 on a limited edition guitar, and it only lasts 7-8 months before something goes wrong...Something so small too as well...Damn it...I'll email them on Monday...

MBK works fine...But I can't get any sound out of the neck pick up...If I hit the strings really really hard I can sometimes get it back until I change pick up again and it sounds as good as ever...But yeah, seems like the pick up selector is screwed...A bit annoying to spend £3700 on a limited edition guitar, and it only lasts 7-8 months before something goes wrong...Something so small too as well...Damn it...I'll email them on Monday...

Maybe use some contact cleaner on it?

I've had a few of those switches go bad, but mainly the kill switches as those get more abuse

The thing is I don't actually know what the problem is, and not having any particular electrical knowledge I wouldn't have a clue about how to fix it if I did...I'll let them know about it and see what they say, but as it needs to go down next year anyway, I might just have to leave it until then...But it depends if they can hurry up on that and make it early next year, or it'll be too annoying to wait that long...I love my bluesy neck pick up, and middle position sounds...:(

The thing is I don't actually know what the problem is, and not having any particular electrical knowledge I wouldn't have a clue about how to fix it if I did...I'll let them know about it and see what they say, but as it needs to go down next year anyway, I might just have to leave it until then...But it depends if they can hurry up on that and make it early next year, or it'll be too annoying to wait that long...I love my bluesy neck pick up, and middle position sounds...:(

Well as long as you don't get angry with it!

I've had some issues with the kill switch on mine. Seems to make some crackling noises when I first use it, but it's fine after that.

when were you supposed to get the MIDI sorted out?

No idea...Ron doesn't work for them so whenever he has time basically...But I don't even have a quote yet and I've basically been told now that it won't even be looked at until next year...I don't know how long it would then take to actually get done...So no idea at all at the moment...My custom was meant to be finished this year too, but that's not going to happen now...

Well as long as you don't get angry with it!

I've had some issues with the kill switch on mine. Seems to make some crackling noises when I first use it, but it's fine after that.

when were you supposed to get the MIDI sorted out?

Sad times on the crackling :( so you just kept playing it until it fixed itself?

Sad times on the crackling :( so you just kept playing it until it fixed itself?

Well this is what happens

1. plug guitar in and start playing

2. eventually decide to tom morello

3. kill switch crackles first few times of moving up and down

4. kill switch stops crackling

5. ????

6. PROFIT

But I don't know, it does this EVERY time I play it. I don't think it's a major problem or anything. Pretty sure the mirror MoC does the same thing

and Bs, if it's that much of a problem, I'd see if I can take it in before that (assuming it will be a while before they can sort out the MIDI stuff). Just another excuse to visit the shop :awesome:

Well this is what happens

1. plug guitar in and start playing

2. eventually decide to tom morello

3. kill switch crackles first few times of moving up and down

4. kill switch stops crackling

5. ????

6. PROFIT

But I don't know, it does this EVERY time I play it. I don't think it's a major problem or anything. Pretty sure the mirror MoC does the same thing

and Bs, if it's that much of a problem, I'd see if I can take it in before that (assuming it will be a while before they can sort out the MIDI stuff). Just another excuse to visit the shop :awesome:

Mine only occurs when I do it too quickly. It's not apparent when you slowly switch it up and obviously isn't noticeable when you're rocking distortion.

How about the kill button?

Mine only occurs when I do it too quickly. It's not apparent when you slowly switch it up and obviously isn't noticeable when you're rocking distortion.

How about the kill button?

strange, i can only really hear it when it's done slowly

no problems with the kill button

Brilliant -.- looks like I'm going to the show alone... apparently my best friend's girlfriend's more important than a guitar show (ikr??!?! Wtf!?) so he's not coming :( See y'all there, I'll be the loner perving on all the mansons. I should blend in nicely in other words.

I think he is though.

I had exactly the same problem! Hitting them hard would sometimes resolve it. Hopefully the rewiring and rebuild might fix it.

:awesome:

And you did genuinely love it, you wouldn't let me have a go! :(

Does anyone know timings for the show?

I know! It was great :LOL:

Which peavey? and if its a valveking or the one satch uses/used then offence may be taken.

Also, sad times for Bs :(

I'm not sure which it was... Jamie spend ages twiddling to get a decent tone though. And he also kept turning up the gain and giving us godawful feedback :mad:

Mansons guitar show this weekend anyone?

Jamie, you'll know him because he looks like this, all the time.

480963_10151262515534490_1137723780_n.jpg

Which peavey? and if its a valveking or the one satch uses/used then offence may be taken.

Also, sad times for Bs :(

Not sure... it was a weird kinda large solid state thing, it was pretty awesome actually, I got a pretty MBish tone out of it

I think he is though.

Oh, you.

Mansons guitar show this weekend anyone?

Yes.

I know! It was great :LOL:

I'm not sure which it was... Jamie spend ages twiddling to get a decent tone though. And he also kept turning up the gain and giving us godawful feedback :mad:

Jamie, you'll know him because he looks like this, all the time.

480963_10151262515534490_1137723780_n.jpg

You cuntface.

I whacked up the treble and suddenly it was Matt's tone, it was so weird.

no offence need be lost then.

I used to use an old peavey combo reverb thing for gigs, reverb tank was not attached to the amp, and someone gave it a coat of hamerite, gd times.

Also, you look awful excited to be near apple products

:LOL: I was leaning over a barrier trying to photobomb in the Muse itunes festival queue xD

MFC! what are you doing online? you should be at the barrier so you're first to see what they have on display

What time are you going?

Excited to see any new gear. I hope it isn't too exciting or I'll have to buy it :facepalm:

I'll probably get there in about an hour! Not sure what time it opens really, but keep an eye on my facebook/twitter to see the new MB guitar! I'll message you as well.

Archived