matthijs

i think james said his MB1 neck is different to his MA neck and the DL1 neck is slightly different again and then the one of build necks are different again. Maybe they shows that they are all hand made? I'd be interested to hear if all the MB1 and DL1 and MA necks are identical to all the others on the same guitars.

i think james said his MB1 neck is different to his MA neck and the DL1 neck is slightly different again and then the one of build necks are different again. Maybe they shows that they are all hand made? I'd be interested to hear if all the MB1 and DL1 and MA necks are identical to all the others on the same guitars.

This is true actually, the two prototypes (DL and MB) have very different neck profiles to my MA... and Adrian said to have them classed as 'handbuilt in the UK' they need to handbuild at least one element of it, not just set it up. I saw they also have a big rack of spare necks in the works which could all be made in bulk maybe over a week and just used as guitars are made until they run out and make more? I dont know. I think they are made by Hugh and Tim though, I mean, otherwise they aren't really mansons if they get people in Korea to make them.

This is true actually, the two prototypes (DL and MB) have very different neck profiles to my MA... and Adrian said to have them classed as 'handbuilt in the UK' they need to handbuild at least one element of it, not just set it up. I saw they also have a big rack of spare necks in the works which could all be made in bulk maybe over a week and just used as guitars are made until they run out and make more? I dont know. I think they are made by Hugh and Tim though, I mean, otherwise they aren't really mansons if they get people in Korea to make them.

Are the MB-1 necks made by Hugh and Tim?

I always thought it was like this

completely handbuilt at Mansons:

Customs, works series, etc

CNC'd and painted elsewhere in the UK and assembled at Mansons:

MB-1, DL-1

woodwork done in Czech republic and assembled at Mansons:

MA series, E series

The only thing I'm not sure about is the MB-1/DL-1. I've heard loads of different things about where and how they're made

And yeah Phill, the MB-1 and DL-1 necks do feel different from each other, even though there's not actually been a spec change apparently. my custom has a different profile to begin with, but the rest of the handbuilt ones I've played have all been very similar

Mine feels like a custom now, curious to know how it plays and the neck compares to the mb1. Excited.

Did you request something different or just the standard profile?

I think there's something to those ebony fretboards that makes them very easy to play - maybe one of the reasons that tele is so amazing

Did you request something different or just the standard profile?

I think there's something to those ebony fretboards that makes them very easy to play - maybe one of the reasons that tele is so amazing

Out of my two warmoth necks the ebony boarded one felt the nicest

Brilliant -.- looks like I'm going to the show alone... apparently my best friend's girlfriend's more important than a guitar show (ikr??!?! Wtf!?) so he's not coming :( See y'all there, I'll be the loner perving on all the mansons. I should blend in nicely in other words.

Brilliant -.- looks like I'm going to the show alone... apparently my best friend's girlfriend's more important than a guitar show (ikr??!?! Wtf!?) so he's not coming :( See y'all there, I'll be the loner perving on all the mansons. I should blend in nicely in other words.

IF l COULD GET A TICKET.

Didn't you say Larry was going?

That would've been the highlight for me if I went :(

Larry would be the highlight? :LOL:

And no, he's also bailed for a girl! Not his girlfriend though apparently :confused:

like a boss

Of course, seeing him observe the guitars and make comments about the random bubbles with the cracks coming off them <3

Do you know if anyone else off here is going? We can't have you going alone now :pope:

like a boss

Of course, seeing him observe the guitars and make comments about the random bubbles with the cracks coming off them <3

Do you know if anyone else off here is going? We can't have you going alone now :pope:

Thinking the Burton's might be... Not sure who else! I dont think I'll stay too long tbh, I'll play the CE-7 and a few new Mansons and be off probably :LOL: Unless someone interesting like JPJ is there... :eek:

Thinking the Burton's might be... Not sure who else! I dont think I'll stay too long tbh, I'll play the CE-7 and a few new Mansons and be off probably :LOL: Unless someone interesting like JPJ is there... :eek:

Doesn't look like he will be this year, unless it's a surprise?

Were you going both days? I think musecasters, rust_relic and Olly were going on saturday

Doesn't look like he will be this year, unless it's a surprise?

Were you going both days? I think musecasters, rust_relic and Olly were going on saturday

Supposedly going both days, but i'll play it by ear. see how much there is to see on saturday, if I dont get through it all I'll come back, if not I'll have a relaxing sunday with the grandparents :LOL:

Archived