matthijs

Good job with flashgun :) hopefully you'll find shooting much easier. Please tell me you're joking with the green background

Assuming I can figure out how to use it properly, but it doesn't seem like it will be a problem

I'm probably going to use white or black

I see yours has the hairline fractures along the top edge, are they common?

Isn't that the mirror backing detaching from the perspex? I had that on mine before - it sort of blended in with the cracked mirror effect though. I don't think it necessarily looked bad - wouldn't mind seeing an entire mirror top done that way.

Assuming I can figure out how to use it properly, but it doesn't seem like it will be a problem

I'm probably going to use white or black

Isn't that the mirror backing detaching from the perspex? I had that on mine before - it sort of blended in with the cracked mirror effect though. I don't think it necessarily looked bad - wouldn't mind seeing an entire mirror top done that way.

Should be easy, just make sure it is aiming the ceiling and use lower ISO settings now light isn't an issue. Background just declutters everything

:kiss:

Yeah, still messing around with the settings. The last one was brighter because of the flash being at a more powerful setting :facepalm:

What settings are you using? Too lazy to rock the exif data, you should try and shoot it at an angle to reduce that flashy bit on the edges, otherwise more exposure and we are good :)

These turned out a bit better. I think shutter speed 1/50, F 5.6, and ISO 200 for these

Changed the flash settings for the shiny guitars though

You don't need to worry about shutter speed, 1/50 is a bit slow unless you're rocking a tripod, try 1/100 and just up the flash awesomeness. ISO can even go to 800 without much detriment in quality. Few more goes and we should be good

You don't need to worry about shutter speed, 1/50 is a bit slow unless you're rocking a tripod, try 1/100 and just up the flash awesomeness. ISO can even go to 800 without much detriment in quality. Few more goes and we should be good

Yeah I was using a tripod. It was at 1/100 for the previous pictures I think

I'll give it a few more tries soon - I need to figure out how to get the flash nice and even though. I had it pointing directly at the ceiling anyway... pretty sure it was at 1/4 or 1/8 power for all the pictures

Yeah I was using a tripod. It was at 1/100 for the previous pictures I think

I'll give it a few more tries soon - I need to figure out how to get the flash nice and even though. I had it pointing directly at the ceiling anyway... pretty sure it was at 1/4 or 1/8 power for all the pictures

Are you angling it so it's proper 90degrees up? Just dick around until it looks like my photos, you have everything you need gear wise

Are you angling it so it's proper 90degrees up? Just dick around until it looks like my photos, you have everything you need gear wise

Yeah I am, it definitely made a difference compared to having it slightly tilted

Pretty impressed with this thing though - I couldn't really use the built in flash on my camera at all. Made everything look worse.

E6 is amazing. Am I the only one who doesn't love the chomer?

musecasters seemed to like it!

And pretty much :p chrome is one of my favorites, but as far as the finish goes, there are others that I like a bit more (although I suppose it's partially because it's pretty worn in now)

Yeah I am, it definitely made a difference compared to having it slightly tilted

Pretty impressed with this thing though - I couldn't really use the built in flash on my camera at all. Made everything look worse.

musecasters seemed to like it!

And pretty much :p chrome is one of my favorites, but as far as the finish goes, there are others that I like a bit more (although I suppose it's partially because it's pretty worn in now)

Ha I'm sure it's a fantastic guitar! Just most of your others are far more attractive to me.

Ha I'm sure it's a fantastic guitar! Just most of your others are far more attractive to me.

Any in particular? I confirmed those modifications for the quilt tele with Mansons the other day... no more gold hardware on that one :\

the chrome is a great guitar, and probably my best sounding one. Not sure which one is my favorite as far as looks go...one minute I prefer things like mirror/chrome, next minute I prefer things like that last one I had built...

Any in particular? I confirmed those modifications for the quilt tele with Mansons the other day... no more gold hardware on that one :\

the chrome is a great guitar, and probably my best sounding one. Not sure which one is my favorite as far as looks go...one minute I prefer things like mirror/chrome, next minute I prefer things like that last one I had built...

Obviously the quilt is more attractive, your first tele too, 001... I prefer nearly all of the others to be honest, although I'm sure when you see the chrome in the flesh it's a different ball game completely.

Obviously the quilt is more attractive, your first tele too, 001... I prefer nearly all of the others to be honest, although I'm sure when you see the chrome in the flesh it's a different ball game completely.

Yeah, but you can also see loads more scratches and stuff too! still a nice finish, and hasn't turned a different color like I've heard some have

I think Olly's (and probably musecasters') has a slightly better finish, although I haven't seen it up close. There's this dark spot around the bridge pickup on mine, though it's not too bad.

Seems like coat of chrome does a good job. Just wish they were better with communication :\

Archived