matthijs

No point though, is there? Same as the rest of the guitar with Mansons. I can't just say "You're taking too long, work faster, I've been waiting long enough", because the answer will just be "It'll be done when it's done". Nothing I can do about the endless delays that the whole build has had. I've been patient because I've had to be, because there's nothing I can do about it, but it's been a fucking nightmare at times. Still out of my hands though.

I never said to tell him that. Ask him for a completion date, and if he doesn't stick by it, tell him you'll post about the situation on those 7 string guitar forums he posts on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjvQFtlNQ-M

And I don't know if it's the same as Mansons. They pretty much completed it when they said they would, didn't they? I recall you said it was a 12 month build (but even with that in mind, I would expect it to be longer)

It just seems like bridge man is being lazy

Depends how you look at it. The original quote was 6-9 months, then it got pushed back to 9-12, just in case they were busy. Tim and Hugh then told me they'd definitely have it done for Christmas when I was down there, but then it didn't actually get finished by them until May, which would be about 15 months after it was ordered officially with them, even though we'd been in discussion for almost a year leading up to that. In terms of the bridge now, he has other projects to do, and is supposedly working on it between them in his spare time whenever that is. As they're the projects that are giving him his only income at the moment though, they're taking priority. He said yesterday he'd be getting back onto it now after a few problems in the week, but I haven't heard back from him today.

Good to see the guitar works has it's own official facebook page now.

"You'll also get to see some special photos of a long-overdue job which we will post tomorrow..."

I wonder what this could be :stunned:

Signature 007 run.

The charity MB-1 also raised £55,307.92. Holy poop.

Great minds, Bs :ninja:

Maybe cleaned it off, doubt it's ever going to be fixed

964782_10151664036185944_1011685048_o.jpg

Jesus, it's hideous, haha! We can't even blame Jim for that one! XD

I wasn't being serious about it being fixed by the way. I asked when I was there ages ago, and they pretty much said if you take it out of the case it just falls to bits. Don't think there's any hope for it really. Sounds like a long term repair job though. Original Santa/Double Neck if we're going for broken Matt's guitars?

Jesus, it's hideous, haha! We can't even blame Jim for that one! XD

I wasn't being serious about it being fixed by the way. I asked when I was there ages ago, and the pretty much said if you take it out of the case it just falls to bits. Don't think there's any hope for it really. Sounds like a long term repair job though. Original Santa/Double Neck if we're going for broken Matt's guitars?

Since when was the double neck broken? I know it disappeared in 2011 sometime, but I didn't think that was because it was broken

I thought the red glitter was broken beyond repair. The only thing I'm wondering is what they did with it since it's not in the shop. I'm guessing Matt has it or something

Is the Doubleneck broken? I thought it was just retired.

Since when was the double neck broken? I know it disappeared in 2011 sometime, but I didn't think that was because it was broken

I might have imagined that one. I thought maybe from the tower fall (if that was up there too), but I forgot it got used after that anyway if so. I don't know, my memory's a bit sketchy about that. Thought he'd broken it at some point though as he just stopped using it.

I might have imagined that one. I thought maybe from the tower fall (if that was up there too), but I forgot it got used after that anyway if so. I don't know, my memory's a bit sketchy about that. Thought he'd broken it at some point though as he just stopped using it.

Last time I saw pictures of it was at a soundcheck for a US gig in 2011 before the reading/leeds gigs. I know crazybobbles saw it after that, but it only had one neck on at the time

Must be the weight (even though it's only about 9 lbs apparently)

Can't can I? The whole guitar essentially pins on this bridge, and he's technically already done it once. I just tried to get an idea of progress and when it might be done, and he wasn't giving a whole lot away. I'll try again tomorrow, and if I still don't get any proper answers there, then we'll see where we go from there.

You could always put a normal bridge on it though. He's done it once but done it wrong so he should at least be reimbursing you something, especially considering the amount of trouble it's all been.

Routed already so no turning back

Question is whether bs would ask for the same specs if he had started over.

Can't can I? The whole guitar essentially pins on this bridge, and he's technically already done it once. I just tried to get an idea of progress and when it might be done, and he wasn't giving a whole lot away. I'll try again tomorrow, and if I still don't get any proper answers there, then we'll see where we go from there.

See, that's what I don't like. It sounds like he's taking you for a ride.

And that's not really an excuse for him since he never did it correctly in the first place. If I were him, I'd put the other projects aside and finish that first.

magicbridge.jpg

Routed already so no turning back

Question is whether bs would ask for the same specs if he had started over.

Routed for the electronics, but I imagine he could still put the bridge on temporarily

See, that's what I don't like. It sounds like he's taking you for a ride.

And that's not really an excuse for him since he never did it correctly in the first place. If I were him, I'd put the other projects aside and finish that first.

magicbridge.jpg

Routed for the electronics, but I imagine he could still put the bridge on temporarily

Why? So bs can have it for a few weeks and go through the hassle of sending it back. Hassle. Bs is basically at his mercy. I'd slag him off on forums

Archived