matthijs

My pickup and hardware swap / aluminium knobs and machine heads upgrade were free when I rocked carbonita, granted I did specify that as part of the sale.

Yeah I figured as that guitar had been sat for quite a long time they might have happily made the switch. I can't see the routing being any great effort to them.

I think I would have bought it then if they had.

Yeah I remember that

website says £36 per pickup for routing. Was that quote you got including the price of the new pickups?

I'd probably change the hardware to chrome as well... unless you think I should keep it gold

The neck is the only real dilemma. Seems like the other one would go to waste (at least until I have something else built :facepalm: ) if I switch it out for a different one.

Going to ask them tomorrow about options and stuff

Even if I were just to switch out the pickups? I don't see the harm in that if it's done tastefully

Which is why I'm asking Phill

Ok pickup change is fine as long as the covers are gold. It's an awesome look, I'd totally buy it if I didn't have so many guitars already :p

I don't think it did include pickups. I think because the bridge needed changing too and they probably didn't fancy messing around with it they just gave me a huge quote.

Gold looks good. Maybe a mix like the magic tele?

That's strange.

So it would need the routing, new bridge plate and pickguard, and pickups (probably MBK-1s)

I don't know how the mix of gold and chrome works on that guitar. It's magic

50/50 on the neck, but I like how it looks with the pickguard compared to maple...

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/c14t0/image1aon

Ok pickup change is fine as long as the covers are gold. It's an awesome look, I'd totally buy it if I didn't have so many guitars already :p

Well then MBK-1s are out of the question. Gold MQs I guess, but what about with the pole pieces covered up? (assuming they can do that on P90s)

Nooooooo.

Chrome with gold poles would work better IMO.

Am I having the other one with the ebony board then?

I guess! I like that guitar even more though, otherwise I would have modified that one as it already has an ebony fretboard

I don't know

telemod.jpg

I did one with the maple board and it didn't look as nice.

Still waiting for DHL to deliver vile orange. Somehow it's somewhere nearby already, while the other two are still in the UK :\

I did a quick mockup for the custom I had in mind.

Untitled_zpsb6ce668a.png

Specs:

MA shape

Mahogany body

Black carbon fibre finish

Birds Eye Maple Neck

Ebony fretboard, no inlays

Dual MBK-2:90's

Fernandes sustainer

Kill switch

Gotoh hardtail bridge

Custom machineheads and knobs

I've still got a bit of research to do before I settle on a final spec, and I need to figure out the best way to approach it financially. Any ideas on how I could improve the spec?

dont forget to mock up the sustainer switches!

thing that merked me was the ali knobs. I really didn't like the finish clashing with the chrome. It was blingy and shiney on the machine heads but just dull and out of place on the knobs (you might want to move the knob position too). I got that replaced with black anodised ones and i prefer it much more

I guess! I like that guitar even more though, otherwise I would have modified that one as it already has an ebony fretboard

I don't know

telemod.jpg

I did one with the maple board and it didn't look as nice.

Still waiting for DHL to deliver vile orange. Somehow it's somewhere nearby already, while the other two are still in the UK :\

looks so out of place :( besides you have millions of mbk equipped guitars, why can't this one have another sound!

and yeah, you know i'm all about making sure each guitar is unique so you have a purpose in picking it up

oo that looks nice but isnt that just your sunburst but with a flame top?

Yeah, but it'll probably have MBK-1s

James I expect reviews of your guitars like this

wow

Best I can do is an unintentional piss take review like I did with the MB-1 that time

So the vile orange arrived, and the other two should be here today...won't be able to get to them until this afternoon though...

dont forget to mock up the sustainer switches!

thing that merked me was the ali knobs. I really didn't like the finish clashing with the chrome. It was blingy and shiney on the machine heads but just dull and out of place on the knobs (you might want to move the knob position too). I got that replaced with black anodised ones and i prefer it much more

Yeah, I realised I forgot the sustainer switches immediately after uploading the picture :facepalm:

You're right about the hardware, it does clash all over the place so I've got to think that all through. Maybe all black, stealth hardware :ninja:

This is what I had mocked up for mine (black glitter).

tumblr_mltpra9Zk31spnxvmo1_1280.jpg

And a similar one to yours...

tumblr_mltpo6zFlp1spnxvmo1_1280.jpg

They look great! Especially the full carbon fibre one. Which one do you think you'll go for?

Dat cup!! and wtf is M1N1?

M1N1 M1D1 screen :)

They look great! Especially the full carbon fibre one. Which one do you think you'll go for?

Pretty sure he was going for something completely different.

Should be finding out about the modifications tomorrow. More than likely going to put the MBK-1s in, but I don't know about the neck. Only reason I wouldn't do it is because the old one wouldn't get used.

Might switch to all chrome hardware as well, but I'm not sure. Phill?

#today

Yeah does look good! Is that your other one or the one that was made along side sherpa's?

That's the other one I bought second hand. The neck is dated two days apart from the magic tele from what I remember.

I think this one was made along side sherpa's

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/ckee/imagej6u

made for the 2008 guitar show. I think there was a quilt top, a flame top, a gloss black tele shape w/ MBK-1s, and a matt black tele shape with MBK-2s

Pile driver bridge, mbk1 neck?

nah already got a similar setup in one of my guitars. I was thinking one of those humbuckers with the offset pole pieces, but I don't know if they're available. ideally I'd want a set of them as well, rather than just the bridge

Archived