matthijs

I don't think anyone (including Bs) can believe it

Very eager to see what this long overdue job is.

D3adstar, I got my mirror guitar back :awesome: I posted a quick picture a few pages back, but I'll take some proper ones once I get my flashgun

Also need to try the M1N1 out. Not sure if it'll work properly with the whammy 5 though, as the MB-1 doesn't.

What happens if the bridge comes back and, again, isn't right with his measurements?

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=10189384#post10189384

It's possible...I still don't understand why he didn't use their measurements.

Bit of a shame though. It looks like the actual build went quite well up until the bridge problem. It's not my style, but I can still appreciate it.

I got a quote on my custom and it looks like I better start saving for the next year :ninja: I just need to find a new job now... :rolleyes:

Edit: Looks like it was M1D1 being cleaned :eek:

£3676.66, and then VAT takes it to £4,412. I've got more research to do so I could make some alterations to the spec that could give or take from the price. Apparently the carbon is the most expensive part of it.

That's extortionate, at that cost you really have to ask yourself if you can justify a custom.

Yeah it really is. I was expecting it to be around £3,500. I haven't really got anything important to pay for in the foreseeable, other than rent and my CE-7 which in total is about £300 per month, so if I can spread out how much I save for the custom it shouldn't affect me too much. I'll just have to get a better paying job on the side of college.

£3500 is works 010

Are works generally more expensive than customs? I assumed my custom would have came to the same price as works 010.

£3676.66, and then VAT takes it to £4,412. I've got more research to do so I could make some alterations to the spec that could give or take from the price. Apparently the carbon is the most expensive part of it.

Is it that same spec you posted a few pages back?

Is it that same spec you posted a few pages back?

I refined it a bit, although there's probably more changes I could make.

Body

MA-2 body shape

Mahogany wood (Weight relieved)

Flattop and rear-routed

Black carbon fiber body finish and matching headstock

Neck

Bolt-on construction

MA-2 shaped neck, headstock and profile

Birds Eye Maple wood

Ebony fingerboard wood

No fret inlays, with side-dots

Hardware

Dual Manson MBK-2:90 bridge pickups

Fernandes FSK 401 neck pickup

Coil split option

Kill-switch

Chrome Stratocaster style fixed bridge

Gotoh HAP machine heads

Black anodised machinehead and control knob buttons

The MA-shaped guitar with red carbon finish, sustainiac neck PU and MBK2 bridge PU was priced 3854 pounds

His spec was:

- Alder body

- Red Carbon finish

- Birds eye maple neck

- Rosewood fingerboard

- Sustainiac Stealth Pro neck pickup

- Manson MBK-2 bridge pickup

I'd go Ash body.

Yeah I don't think they enjoy the carbon finishes too much so they gotta make them pay :LOL:

So would I, but he liked the MB-2 prototype which is mahogany. The dual P90s sound good in an ash bodied guitar though, but a bit different.

Haha yeah based on their expressions and stories of how the fibre gets into your skin they do not like handling carbon fibre

Yeah, he told me about that as well. I don't know how different the material going on my red/black guitar is, but I imagine it's still difficult to work with. Pretty sure it just comes in a different format

When I was visiting I saw the neck with the material on the headstock. Can't say much about it though as it didn't have the lacquer on.

Also, the M1N1 is pretty cool. Switching works nicely, but because CC0 was deleted on the new whammy pedals, it won't work properly with those. Haven't tried it with the kaoss pad yet. What MIDI stuff are you using with your MB-1 bobbles?

Archived