2012.10.31 - BBC Radio Theatre, London, UK

chudenk

God, what a damn shame that you thought it was terrible, I really feel for you ;)

I, on the other hand, had a fucking WHALE of a time. I got to sing into the Matt's mike and everything. Really really REALLY bloody enjoyed this gig. I hope there are some others of you out there that had a good time!

Agree. FUCKING INCREDIBLE. Best freaking day/time/event of my life.

The crowd did look a bit dead but it was never going to be a full audience of dedicated Musers and some people no matter how much they are enjoying the gig don't show it by boinging about anyway (which is fair enough).

Clearly some people who appear to be dedicated Musers weren't enjoying it either which is a real pity.

It came across on the feed that the band were really enjoying it and having a laugh.

and rawrsomesauce - never feel awkward about enjoying yourself. just do it!

Well I enjoyed it, but I'd enjoy any Muse gig, even if they played Guiding Light on repeat for 2 hours (especially if they played Guiding Light on repeat for 2 hours...)

However, I did think the set list was a bit wank, and was waiting for them to either play Knights or say that they were about to play the last song, so that we could kick off without the BBC Gestapo breathing down our necks... but they ended on Uprising, with absolutely no fanfare. Meh.

And the crowd was frankly shocking, mostly full of middle aged women who got very uppity when you behaved exactly how you would usually do in the front few rows of a Muse gig, or told you to put your arms down because their husband couldn't see, or responded to a Morgan-chant with the damning words, "you're just ruining it for the rest of the fans!" (poor Dip bore the brunt of that scathing attack...)

Nevertheless, it was a Muse gig, and I was the closest I've got to the band since Shepherd's Bush, and I got some awesome photos, which thoroughly distracted me from the appalling crowd, and the band seemed to actually be enjoying themselves. So yeah. Not all bad :happy:

setlist wasnt great (completely expected though) and crowd was definitely more just competition winners than actual fans kind of thing, but still really enjoyed it because i'll probably never get to see any big band i like in such a small venue again. The band looked to be really enjoying themselves as well, and the start of TIRO was just brilliant :LOL:

And the crowd was frankly shocking, mostly full of middle aged women who got very uppity when you behaved exactly how you would usually do in the front few rows of a Muse gig, or told you to put your arms down because their husband couldn't see, or responded to a Morgan-chant with the damning words, "you're just ruining it for the rest of the fans!" (poor Dip bore the brunt of that scathing attack...)

Was it a woman with blond curly hair? I saw her throwing some glaring looks at Dip several times.

It was all very civilised upstairs but nobody seems to have a fuss about us joining in the Morgan chant upstairs!

To be fair, the crowd have been shit all tour. It's a lot older and more uptight than previous tours, and I had to fight to the first 10-15 rows at the o2 gig just to find people who were up for fun (and indeed they were :D) . I just listened to the audio only though, and it sounded like the band were having fun.... particularly during Starlight

YOU were the one who did it? :LOL::LOL::LOL: Absolute legend, I was laughing so much at that whole section of Starlight!

I did :D I sounded bloody awful, I may even have been singing the wrong bit of Starlight - was too overwhelmed.

I bet it looked ridiculous, I thought I'll go in for a cheeky touch.. oh bugger it, now's my chance - hair ruffle :LOL:

I did :D I sounded bloody awful, I may even have been singing the wrong bit of Starlight - was too overwhelmed.

I bet it looked ridiculous, I thought I'll go in for a cheeky touch.. oh bugger it, now's my chance - hair ruffle :LOL:

Bloody good work! ;)

I was stood about two people behind you and had an awesome time. This is the 7th time I've seen Muse and was so glad to get anywhere near the front. Kept getting 'that' hat in my photos though :p

Thankfully my mate got some great photos and a video of Madness (on Youtube already I think).

I thought the lads looked relaxed although poor Dom looked absolutely shattered - he was literally giving it everything he had and really going for it :D Matt was funny when he apologised to everyone for messing up the start of the song because he was busy wiggling his bottom at Dom (which is a favourite past time apparently :LOL:) Chris was very subdued I thought.

Overall it was too short and although I felt a bit awkward for jumping, I didn't hold back and gave it everything I could without getting in anyone's way :D

Matt is tiny in real life :LOL: Loved Dom's onesie too :D

Bloody good work! ;)

I was stood about two people behind you and had an awesome time. This is the 7th time I've seen Muse and was so glad to get anywhere near the front. Kept getting 'that' hat in my photos though :p

Glad to hear other people had an awesome time too :D Sorry about the hat, very glad I wore it though :D

Crowd really did look dead. That's the problem with this type of competition, I think.

They should have a competition that just registered members of muse.mu can attend. I suppose it was Radio 2. I would only listen to Radio 2 for something like this!

I don't think Muse are quite ready for Radio 2 either! :chuckle: I think for the intimacy and the comedy alone, the people who attended this gig were so lucky.

Though, having a near miss at Birmingham, I can understand how it can be frustrating to have an extremely sedate crowd.

However, I would have definitely taken attending this gig with sedate crowd over not attending it.

Hmm though I think that Muse might not mind a sedate audience as, if they did, they wouldn't choose to perform slow songs. It is difficult to demonstrate appreciation for slow songs in the same way, however much you have enjoyed them. I mean if they really ARE hoping to move further in that direction in the future, with even possibly acoustic gigs, they would expect the atmosphere at their gigs to change.

But yeah it's a shame if the crowd are sedate on the upbeat numbers. It probably is because a lot of people attending aren't fully familiar with Muse and their music.

The winners of the .mu competition actually had the 'seated' tickets so were up on the balcony! BBC winners were standing. Apparently someone near the back of the queue hadn't heard of Muse :stunned:

Oh God that's even worse. But to be expected. Hang on though, Olly etc were in the downstairs? So some 'courtesy of Muse' got downstairs.

The pity is that the energy and excitement of the gig does not come across when it's an audience of people who are not fully into the band. But how to filter the audience is one of those discussions that we always fall into on here and never really resolve.

Oh God that's even worse. But to be expected. Hang on though, Olly etc were in the downstairs? So some 'courtesy of Muse' got downstairs.

The pity is that the energy and excitement of the gig does not come across when it's an audience of people who are not fully into the band. But how to filter the audience is one of those discussions that we always fall into on here and never really resolve.

Maybe it was mixed but the person we asked said .mu winners are all seated (as they had a red, seated sticker put on their ticket). Also I think about 5 people from the standby got in - but some were seated too.

Maybe it was mixed but the person we asked said .mu winners are all seated (as they had a red, seated sticker put on their ticket). Also I think about 5 people from the standby got in - but some were seated too.

were you at the front of the itunes q with red hair or am i mixing you up with someone else? :$

Archived