2012.10.31 - BBC Radio Theatre, London, UK

chudenk

oh hello :) you were lucky to get itunes + this one! Thought you looked familiar :LOL:

Ha, hello :) Yup, couldn't believe about winning iTunes - came back from getting my first tattoo (muse one) and then read the congratulations e-mail, hell yeah! As for the BBC, well that was unbelievable (not my luck this time, was my friend, but still!) :D

Ha, hello :) Yup, couldn't believe about winning iTunes - came back from getting my first tattoo (muse one) and then read the congratulations e-mail, hell yeah! As for the BBC, well that was unbelievable (not my luck this time, was my friend, but still!) :D

You did really well with the singing - I think I would have died if that mike had been shoved under my nose! I know I would have sung the wrong words or something embarrassing. And what did Matt's hair feel like? :LOL:

You did really well with the singing - I think I would have died if that mike had been shoved under my nose! I know I would have sung the wrong words or something embarrassing. And what did Matt's hair feel like? :LOL:

Ha, I thought it was terrible (can't listen to the whole thing yet, too emotional!! His hair was soft yet thin (as expected)!

Oh God that's even worse. But to be expected. Hang on though, Olly etc were in the downstairs? So some 'courtesy of Muse' got downstairs.

The pity is that the energy and excitement of the gig does not come across when it's an audience of people who are not fully into the band. But how to filter the audience is one of those discussions that we always fall into on here and never really resolve.

upstairs was overcrowded so they were sending some people downstairs and others were asking to go downstairs

Ha, I thought it was terrible (can't listen to the whole thing yet, too emotional!! His hair was soft yet thin (as expected)!

:LOL: I thought it would be all sticky, covered in hair product. He certainly didn't mind the ruffle though, judging from the comment in the interview afterwards ;)

:LOL: I thought it would be all sticky, covered in hair product. He certainly didn't mind the ruffle though, judging from the comment in the interview afterwards ;)

:D I know - amazing - although I think they are taking the piss out of our awful 'singing' but he said 'You were great' after Starlight, directed at us, so I'll take his first comment instead :LOL:

I still think there must have been some cockup with the encore. No PiB and Knights? Nah

There weren't any encore songs on the setlist, last song at the bottom of the page was Uprising... bit odd but they can do what they like pretty much as far as I'm concerned ! The crowd did make a good 'we want more' effort but to no avail! Anyway, I think the shows for radio 2 all have a fixed time.. but then I guess an encore could have been incorporated into that...

I have to say, I really don't like these competition gigs; they piss me right off, because a lot of non-fans end up winning tickets - and just staring blankly while the band plays - while a hell of a lot of fans miss out. That happened for the iTunes Fest as well. I saw loads of Twitter users saying stuff like 'I entered and got Muse tickets even though I didn't really want them lolol' :mad:

If it was just a normal gig you could buy tickets for it would seem fair cos a lot more fans would actually get to go - I was willing to pay loads to the Muse charities to see them at the iTunes Fest, but there was no chance with the stupid rules they had in place :rolleyes:

Anyways, Follow Me was a good performance: I'm still waiting for a link or torrent to the rest of it: I couldn't watch the live stream on the night, so I still have yet to see it all :(

Oh God that's even worse. But to be expected. Hang on though, Olly etc were in the downstairs? So some 'courtesy of Muse' got downstairs.

The pity is that the energy and excitement of the gig does not come across when it's an audience of people who are not fully into the band. But how to filter the audience is one of those discussions that we always fall into on here and never really resolve.

Me, Frank and Sophie snuck down and then escaped security.

If it was just a normal gig you could buy tickets for it would seem fair cos a lot more fans would actually get to go

Or the majority of tickets would be bought up by touts and then re-sold for extortionate prices, only to people who can afford to pay... who usually aren't the fans. I agree though, a lot of people were obviously there just because they'd heard Muse on the radio and had entered the competition out of curiosity, and there were several people who had clearly never been to a gig before (like the woman who asked me to put my arms down because her husband couldn't see). Weird mix.

Erm, slightly awkward but, that picture in your signature is one of mine (it's here). I don't know if you're aware, but it was originally watermarked and I'm not happy for it to be used without credit. Especially not when it's altered. So, uh, could you not? Cheers.

That was amazing! Thank you. Even welled up a bit when watching Falling Down. It looked such a brillliant amazing experience and performances perfect. :happy:

Well TIRO. :LOL: Okay we didn't see a lot of Matt bum wiggling but were treated to some Dom bum wiggling instead. :chuckle:

The audience members Jo Wiley interviewed afterwards weren't exactly representative of the average Muse fan.

The audience members Jo Wiley interviewed afterwards weren't exactly representative of the average Muse fan.

In fact, those interviewees were the ones stood beside me who said Dip was just 'ruining it for the rest of the fans' by starting a chant for Morgan. They stood stock still throughout the entire gig and gave us quite a few dirty looks. Definitely not representative :LOL:

That aside - I've uploaded my pictures from the gig now, they're here and include this kind of stuff -

8150650883_8269e42ff8_z.jpg

8150648183_77fd67cff6_z.jpg

8150676748_2ee798d36b_z.jpg

Hands down the best pictures I've ever taken at a Muse gig, actually, and the best I could have done without being there on Pro Photo Duty, so I'm dead chuffed. Yay.

Share at will, edit or de-watermark at your peril, as usual ;)

If you were the guy who sung by himself then I congratulate you :LOL: I was watching the gig on my laptop and when you started singing me and my sister were like 'he is actually pretty good' :chuckle:

Archived