KROQ Podcast with Matt on Kevin & Bean show

Bells

"The pyramid will come down and consume the band, and then we'll blast out and escape"

Now it sounds really cool :awesome:

Yeah, like the time they said they were breaking out of these three ministries, which turned out to be a pillar that just lowered them down onto the stage. :awesome:

Have they though?

Sounds like more "the stage is restricting the setlist" bullshit to me. I just want them to play.

Not really imo, they could just plan that "being trapped inside the pyramid" for the break after the main set, and then blasting out to start the encore.

It does indeed sound similar to the intention of The Resistance Tour. Both the escaping bit in relation to the towers and the pyramid stage, wasn't that the idea for the stadium tour?

It will probably restrict the set list variety, this is true, but at least the band are not going to be restricted from moving about this time. They've made that clear.

From KROQ via Gigwise

Muse's Matt Bellamy claims the band;s upcoming live shows will be the best they have ever performed - and compared the band's new tour to Pink Floyd.

The 'Madness' singer spoke of the band's next tour while promoting The 2nd Law in the US, after the album topped the UK charts last week. He also gave fans an insight of what to expect from their spectacular-sounding new live show.

"I think it’s going to be our best tour so far. It’s like our version of The Wall," Bellamy told US radio station KROQ. We’ve built this upside down pyramid structure which is full of video screens. Throughout the gig, it gradually comes down and consumes the band. So we end up eaten up by this pyramid thing, which is all very symbolic, of course. We blast out of it and escape.

"It’s going to be a big experience. This is our Stonehenge tour!"

Muse bring their live shows to the UK at the end of October, when they kick off the UK leg of their world tour in Glasgow on 24 October, 2012. They then play dates in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Ireland, their last UK show this year taking place at Dublin's O2 on 3 November 2012.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/76899/muse-the-new-tour-is-going-to-be-our-best-yet

It will probably restrict the set list variety, this is true, but at least the band are not going to be restricted from moving about this time. They've made that clear.

Which it shouldn't have last time and would still be a pretty bullshit excuse if they used it again.

Having previously said I can't wait for the Spinal Tap sort of things, I'm looking forward to the night where the pyramid fails to open and the band have to play the rest of the show trapped inside.

Not if it's your gig and you've paid about £60/whatever to see them! I know I'd be pretty pissed off if that happened :chuckle:

Seriously, though. Does anyone feel that even without the stage/video designs, they wouldn't restrict the setlists to "greatest hits" and a few rotated 'rarities' - especially in the US tours?

They have six albums now, they have no intention of leaving off songs that people expect to hear...

Now, the SHORTNESS of the sets... that's still a bit sore.

Archived