Manson CE-7 Guitar (Pope Jazz Hands Signature)

JimboMansonMB-1

I hope they don't forget that I want my MB-1 back next Friday and I don't think they've started the workshop work on it yet, haha! I'll e-mail him on Monday about it - thanks for letting me know! ;)

If they start the print out of Bs' email now, it might finish printing all the pages by the time Adrian comes back...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Loving the use of the word 'might', hahaha! In fairness, I've toned it down a bit lately and let them just get on with it now they've got all the information, haha! I just want to know where it's at now. I know Ron's finished the MIDI box integration and stuff, so it's just up to them to do the cosmetic repairs now, but it'll need a few days to settle, and want to make sure I have it back next Friday as arranged.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Loving the use of the word 'might', hahaha! In fairness, I've toned it down a bit lately and let them just get on with it now they've got all the information, haha! I just want to know where it's at now. I know Ron's finished the MIDI box integration and stuff, so it's just up to them to do the cosmetic repairs now, but it'll need a few days to settle, and want to make sure I have it back next Friday as arranged.

How much work does it require on the body itself? Will it have as much wood removed as your custom?

How much work does it require on the body itself? Will it have as much wood removed as your custom?

No, no, no extra work needed on the cavities or anything. Just some of the knocks and scratches on the lacquer are going to be fixed, and they were going to see if they could do anything about a small knock on the top of the headstock, and maybe clean up the sustainer pickup (the only real mark on there was caused by them setting the pickup too high when I got it, and it bugs me), and that's about it. Oh, batteries both being rewired to sustainer, and the selector and killswitches being fixed too. Small stuff, but lacquer might need a couple of days to settle. Adrian and Tim were meant to run through it together but I haven't even got prices yet.

Yeah, mine has a few scratches on it now, but the sustainer pickup cover is truly relic'd at this point

I wonder how well that finish restorer works. The scratches on mine aren't particularly deep or anything, but they still bug me sometimes

Did they say they could do anything about those scratches from when you were using that bow?

Yeah, they said no problem on the scratches and stuff. They're not that deep really, just noticeable. It was just a case of rubbing something into the cracks until they disappeared (don't know what it was exactly, but I'm sure someone will know). Then it's just a matter of patience, and if they're deep it might be better to use a machine, but they can still go just by rubbing it in on a cloth by hand or something apparently.

For my sustainer pickup, I've always but something over it (under the strings) whenever it's gone back in the case, and just rubbed off the pick scratches each time after playing, and otherwise it's almost as good as new, just the string scratches from when I first got it because the string was fretting out on it. Just want to get rid of that really.

Edit -

Olly, I'm not bothered about scratches on the back, and I told them so, but these are noticeable on the forearm contour from being a little careless with a bow when I hadn't realised how easily the lacquer could be scratched. I've since wrapped some fabric around the offending component of the bow, and I'm more careful in my playing too, so it's not likely to occur again. Would just like to get those marks taken off while it's down there anyway. I'm not bothered about general wear and stuff.

Yeah, they said no problem on the scratches and stuff. They're not that deep really, just noticeable. It was just a case of rubbing something into the cracks until they disappeared (don't know what it was exactly, but I'm sure someone will know). Then it's just a matter of patience, and if they're deep it might be better to use a machine, but they can still go just by rubbing it in on a cloth by hand or something apparently.

For my sustainer pickup, I've always but something over it (under the strings) whenever it's gone back in the case, and just rubbed off the pick scratches each time after playing, and otherwise it's almost as good as new, just the string scratches from when I first got it because the string was fretting out on it. Just want to get rid of that really.

Edit -

Olly, I'm not bothered about scratches on the back, and I told them so, but these are noticeable on the forearm contour from being a little careless with a bow when I hadn't realised how easily the lacquer could be scratched. I've since wrapped some fabric around the offending component of the bow, and I'm more careful in my playing too, so it's not likely to occur again. Would just like to get those marks taken off while it's down there anyway. I'm not bothered about general wear and stuff.

:)

Wrong thread but as we're discussing it here anyway - Ron's sorted it so that the MIDI box will power both the screen AND the sustainer, but I still have the option of using the batteries as a backup if I wish, as that part of the circuit is being left in tact. The only problem with this now is it's made me wonder what possibilities there could be for that with my custom, haha! Going to have to wait to hear back on that. Nothing that can be done for the sustainer pickup string scratches without replacing the whole thing which isn't worth it but switches are fixed (just needed contact cleaner really) and the scratches and chip in the lacquer are as gone as they can be without completely respraying the body. All in all, cracking stuff.

Olly, I'm not bothered about scratches on the back, and I told them so, but these are noticeable on the forearm contour from being a little careless with a bow when I hadn't realised how easily the lacquer could be scratched.

Oh wow, I've got a fair few scratches on the forearm contour of my mirror but have no idea where they've come from :LOL:

Wrong thread but as we're discussing it here anyway - Ron's sorted it so that the MIDI box will power both the screen AND the sustainer, but I still have the option of using the batteries as a backup if I wish, as that part of the circuit is being left in tact. The only problem with this now is it's made me wonder what possibilities there could be for that with my custom, haha! Going to have to wait to hear back on that. Nothing that can be done for the sustainer pickup string scratches without replacing the whole thing which isn't worth it but switches are fixed (just needed contact cleaner really) and the scratches and chip in the lacquer are as gone as they can be without completely respraying the body. All in all, cracking stuff.

Just out of interest how much are they charging for this phantom power stuff? My xy guitar has it's xy pad powered from the midi cable and to do it it has cost less than £5 worth of parts.

Easily. All you'd have to do is add two additional wires to the midi jack inside the guitar.

Basically the xy pad's only use three out of the five midi pins so you send power down the unused pins. I then soldered a battery snap to these pins inside the guitar and connected it up to the already existing battery snap. I can post a picture of the inside of the box if people want it but it's pretty self explanatory.

Just out of interest how much are they charging for this phantom power stuff? My xy guitar has it's xy pad powered from the midi cable and to do it it has cost less than £5 worth of parts.

Significantly more than that I'm assuming. I'm waiting to hear back on payment details as it's all being done together with other stuff. To be fair, I think it was the custom MIDI selector box that seemed to be the most expensive bit of the lot. The rewiring sounds like it was fairly straightforward. Hoping to have my guitar back on the 19th though, so I'll need to know payment before then anyway.

Archived