Manson CE-7 Guitar (Pope Jazz Hands Signature)

JimboMansonMB-1

My custom technically has that as an option, haha...There aren't any 7 string midi converters to my knowledge, so while the magnetic and piezo signal will cover all 7 strings, the midi will only be the normal 6, so if I was using that hexaphonic midi signal only, I'd get no sound through the amp from playing the 7th string...Is that what you have in mind? XD

My custom technically has that as an option, haha...There aren't any 7 string midi converters to my knowledge, so while the magnetic and piezo signal will cover all 7 strings, the midi will only be the normal 6, so if I was using that hexaphonic midi signal only, I'd get no sound through the amp from playing the 7th string...Is that what you have in mind? XD

how is that going anyway? any new PICS

Woah woah woah woah WOAH THERE.

That was my idea James :ninja:

Yeah, but it's not like I'm restricted to one tuning and have to mute the low E the entire time while playing CE :ninja:

nah I'm going to have it setup for BEADGBE (standard 7 string tuning) and occasionally put it in drop A :awesome:

how is that going anyway? any new PICS

Nope...MB-1 production has brought it to a complete standstill :indiff:

I realised this morning though just how many options I'm going to have on there...I mean, of course I knew about the Guitar Synth options I was going to have and all the guitar and amp modelling options on there too, but I only just started realising how much flexibility I'll have to change effects remotely...

For example...I could set a clean sound up on the midi, and a distorted sound on the magnetic signal, and I just have to flick the switch between the two options on my guitar without having to do anything with my pedals...I could have a delay on one, or a tremolo on one, or have the Whammy set up for something on the magnetic signal, and a normal sound through the midi...I can effectively completely change the sound coming through the amp, all from the guitar...It's only just hit me how flexible that's going to be!

Nope...MB-1 production has brought it to a complete standstill :indiff:

I realised this morning though just how many options I'm going to have on there...I mean, of course I knew about the Guitar Synth options I was going to have and all the guitar and amp modelling options on there too, but I only just started realising how much flexibility I'll have to change effects remotely...

For example...I could set a clean sound up on the midi, and a distorted sound on the magnetic signal, and I just have to flick the switch between the two options on my guitar without having to do anything with my pedals...I could have a delay on one, or a tremolo on one, or have the Whammy set up for something on the magnetic signal, and a normal sound through the midi...I can effectively completely change the sound coming through the amp, all from the guitar...It's only just hit me how flexible that's going to be!

wait midi pickups pick ups the sound too? i thought it just detected the sound and translated it to midi output.

Well, they're hexaphonic pickups, which detect the string vibrations, and then they're sent as MIDI data down the cable do your MIDI converter where they're converted to sound...The GR-55, which is what I'll be running it through has the option for 2 PCM Synth sounds, 1 COSM Modelled sound, and the Magnetic signal as well, which will also be sent to the GR-55 thanks to the way the magnetic and piezo/hexaphonic signals are blended...So that 4 different sounds possible at once from the 13 pin...Then I've got the magnetic and piezo sound out of the normal guitar jack...So yeah, loads of flexibility in types of sound, numbers of sound simultaneously, and so on, but it's only just occurred to me the extent to which I can switch or add in almost any effect remotely via the guitar switches, depending on which signal I use, and which effects I have on on which one, if that makes sense...So much to explore when I get it...You can change the tunings of the MIDI converted sounds individually as well, so I could bring in harmonies or something, or extra delay or extra sounds with different effects, all from the guitar switches...

""No, no! It's not a Matt Bellamy guitar! But we'll name it the CE-7 and display it with the other Matt Bellamy guitars so that everyone knows what's really going on here...""

So damn right, Jim! :LOL:

Did you get to play it or just hold it?

We just held it, didn't try it out as very out of practise, the neck was lovely though and the build quality was excellent :)

Is it as orange as it looks in those pictures? I know the ones that are being sold are going to have more black around the edges, but I don't know if the actual color is going to be different

Is it as orange as it looks in those pictures? I know the ones that are being sold are going to have more black around the edges, but I don't know if the actual color is going to be different

in the flesh the colour looked fairly spot on to Matt's, so with the extra black it should look pretty amazing!

So I shall be getting a CE-7 like some of you folks, however I will be modding and refinishing it a bit. Though I do like the look of flame maple, it's not my cup of tea.

The guitar will be refinished to be black glitter instead, no pick guard and chrome hardware instead of gold.

Always felt iffy about the E shape but that was when I was looking at the 6 string versions. It looks nicer as a 7 string compared to the MoC shape (especially when you match it up to a 7 string neck) so the only thing in the way was making it look less "retired jazz player" and more sparkly (which is a recurring theme in my guitars)

Got it all confirmed, just waiting for a quote. Only thing they can't customise is the fret dots, need to stick with them otherwise it would be classed as a full custom

i sent that deposit less than two weeks ago, and i'm already having those dreams :facepalm:

For me i'm in that fortunate place where I can't dream the guitar I'm receiving because I can't imagine it properly, both the mirror silver glitter and the black glitter e shape :)

Nice cosy place.

Even the MB-1 was hard to picture until i saw it

For me i'm in that fortunate place where I can't dream the guitar I'm receiving because I can't imagine it properly, both the mirror silver glitter and the black glitter e shape :)

Nice cosy place.

Even the MB-1 was hard to picture until i saw it

There were drop A riffs and everything :supersad:

But yeah, I was pretty calm about the mirror E shape, even though I had an idea of what it would look like and already saw a few pictures of it during the build.

The MB-1 though...I won't even go into all the weird things that went on during that time. That was the first time I had to wait for one of these, and during the last month of the build time, I always woke up all excited to see if I got a completion email

But it was actually a phone call :ninja:

Archived