The word "eccentric" is nicer. Highlights difference in less of a damning black and white "nutjob" contextualization. Peeps with certain alternative interests/beliefs aren't all looney tunes, case in point Matt Bellamy

Here's the thing... I'm familiar not just with some of his theories, but some of the "organizations" he works with.

I don't agree with pretty much anything they "stand" for, but you know what? That's fine. Dissenting opinions, and all. Even if some of it is downright, insanely dangerous (anti-immunization, nuts and berries cure AIDS, etc.)

But while you're lashing out at everyone here for mocking him, are you aware that his FBs are fukk of him mocking everyone else that doesn't agree with him?

His FB is full of "deeeerrr MURRICA!" and other childishly, intentionally misspelled insults.

So, fair game, I say, if that's how one wants to play...

Anyways, what's really sad, is that type of thing is pretty much (exactly) just one big circle jerk for the "believers."

Instead of having a normal conversation that might (but wouldn't) be informative in any way, it's just self-aggrandizing whackjobery and "everyone else is soooo stooopid."

Maybe he's a nice, passionate "eccentric" in person, but he doesn't attempt to come off that way online.

And hearing this guy say Muse's new album is a "game changer for humanity" actually scared me more about the album than anything so far. (yay, Muse related.)

I like how this is becoming a character judgment thread. All I'm saying is let's discuss shit without throwing ad hominems about because we can't discuss anything substantial.

• guy posts hilariously exaggerate pretentious comments about new muse video

• people point out that he's a weird, crazy person with questionable opinions, end up insulting him

• you get all defensive because he did you a favour

this is a summary of the character judgement thread.

I noticed you didn't deny anything of what I said though.

I would like to drop (D)* this argument now

*:shifty:

For the record, iirc that guy's hyperbolic comments were just about the video, not the album.

For some reason the voice made me not think the obvious.

I guess that's not how I thought he would sound for some reason... which is a totally stupid assumption on my part. :chuckle:

I did expect him to have a different accent lol.

It's not a case of being accepting of other people's views, it's a case of rightly criticising someone for having utterly ridiculous views that can actually be pretty damaging. I don't really care about the 'ad hominem' either, and as Serpent point out, he clearly doesn't either. Just because you get offended by it doesn't mean you're right.

I also agree with Fabri, I don't think he contributed anything meaningful anyway. Obscenely pretentious drivel which has told us (pretty much) stuff we've known already.

I couldn't care much less about this video either, high art though it might be. I'm quite enjoying the little teasers though, it's nice hear little snippets of stuff and hopefully we'll get something substantial soon.

Edit: If that's Mutt Lange in that video, who's the voice in the other video?

• guy posts hilariously exaggerate pretentious comments about new muse video

• people point out that he's a weird, crazy person with questionable opinions, end up insulting him

• you get all defensive because he did you a favour

this is a summary of the character judgement thread.

I noticed you didn't deny anything of what I said though.

I would like to drop (D)* this argument now

*:shifty:

Same+_e164b38d2c6ab57682343bd81393919f.jpg

Vaguely more on topic, never was keen on matts live guitar tones last tour. I liked the one he used for Bliss but in general wasn't really a fan of the sound, and no Fabri it's not the Kempers fault

Weird, I thought the Bliss tone was by far the weakest of the whole tour maybe after Hysteria.

Dead Star tone was massive.

Edit: If that's Mutt Lange in that video, who's the voice in the other video?

What other video? The one with Chris playing clean bass? I remember only Chris, Dom and Matt there.

Archived