It's still there my friend, and I cant see how a video would be able to hold my attention more than actually seeing it in a live setting could. I think the song is the perfect length and the solo is easily my favourite part.

In that respect, Fury must be a strange one live. Fans agree it's one of their all-time great tracks but in a live setting does it suffer because of it's pace? Only people who have seen it can know but despite this it's still a track I think pretty much everyone would like to see return also.

I've never seen it live but know two people who have, one saw it at Glastonbury 2004 and the other at Wembley 2010 and both talk about it like it's some sort of national treasure but those two performances are probably the best two performances of it ever and both have the additional riff in the middle so maybe that helps a bit who knows though :LOL:

I saw it at Wembley 2010 and it's probably the best out of the four performances I've seen. But I don't know that I'd call it the best performance of the song ever and also you have to consider that it was probably helped a lot in the context of the rest of the setlist (Bliss, MK Ultra, Ruled By Secrecy).

I saw it at Wembley 2010 and it's probably the best out of the four performances I've seen. But I don't know that I'd call it the best performance of the song ever and also you have to consider that it was probably helped a lot in the context of the rest of the setlist (Bliss, MK Ultra, Ruled By Secrecy).

I agree with this, being there and the way the set was structured just created a good buzz for each following song. Still, it was ace to see, potentially beefier than the Reading 2011 gig, but can't remember clearly!

It's still there my friend, and I cant see how a video would be able to hold my attention more than actually seeing it in a live setting could. I think the song is the perfect length and the solo is easily my favourite part.

Because when you're watching a video, you're probably sat somewhere fairly comfortable watching the performance from various camera angles with pretty decent audio/video quality. When you're actually there, you've probably been stood up for hours, you might be sweaty, thirtsy, hungry etc. so it can be easy to find your attention wandering during the quiet parts if they don't grab you, which CE's don't live imo. The piano outro's alright but even that feels like it goes on for a bit long.

I'm sure you'd enjoy it, I'm just saying that I don't think it's the godsend that most people seem to think it is live. I'd sooner see Hyper Music again or Stockholm Syndrome even though it'd be for the fourth time.

All personal taste I guess. Saw Stockholm at the Emirates last year and actually didn't enjoy it because of all the moshing, I barely heard anything. I'm sure it would have been epic had I been able to concentrate. That's kind of what's putting me off Download. Essentially going to be a lot of metal heads who don't really care for Muse looking to throw their bodies around during (what we hope) could be some heavy new songs.

Probably still go though :p

I agree with this, being there and the way the set was structured just created a good buzz for each following song. Still, it was ace to see, potentially beefier than the Reading 2011 gig, but can't remember clearly!

Reading and Leeds were the two most boring CE performances I've seen.

I haven't seen many performances of Hysteria which looked good (bar one or two)

Anything from 2004 and then since then there was one or two in 2006, rock am ring in 2010 was good and I guess ACL was alright but nothing compared to the 2004 performances.

Actually just found myself watching Rock Am Ring '04 last night for some reason, and must say I really didn't enjoy TSP on that one.

Always been a song that just never "clicked" with me.

And arguing about CE (or any other song) being shit live is pointless anyways... even if there's better live songs, or it's just not "mindblowing" enough, I'm going to enjoy seeing one of my favorite songs more than one that may be better live, but that's lower on my list.

I also do enjoy it more when I can stand and actually watch, rather than being thrown around in the crowd, and having people obscuring my view constantly, or having to monitor the area behind me so someone doesn't crowdsurf into me and break my nose for a third time.

Archived