I would say an entire Thanksgiving/xmas break with the families. I mean, that's what I would do.

No Thanksgiving in the UK :p

But I'd imagine they'll spend Christmas with their families. I wonder if Matt, Kate and Bing go down to Teignmouth or not.

I'd be happy with first single/album date anouncment.

Would be great to know as early as that but an unlikely marketing move, as there just wouldn't be any traction/reach to a near Christmas announcement. I'd say late January/February is more likely. Then again, who really knows. Surprise releases and announcements are the in-thing at the moment.

Would be great to know as early as that but an unlikely marketing move, as there just wouldn't be any traction/reach to a near Christmas announcement. I'd say late January/February is more likely. Then again, who really knows. Surprise releases and announcements are the in-thing at the moment.

I just hope we don't get a surprise album drop before having any news about the album. That would be a shame since it would circumvent the hype train. It would be nice however to have a title/artwork, and some interviews and what not giving us something to get excited about then followed by a surprise drop way before we would expect.

I just hope we don't get a surprise album drop before having any news about the album. That would be a shame since it would circumvent the hype train. It would be nice however to have a title/artwork, and some interviews and what not giving us something to get excited about then followed by a surprise drop way before we would expect.

I'd like maybe one or two actual or working titles, or some suggestions from the band or reviewers who get a sneak listen to detail what songs are sounding like? More than just 'heavy' would be nice in that :p

Does Muse still need to care about sale numbers and generated hype?

I recall someone on this board saying that TR Tour was a non-profit tour and that they don't generate any real winnings from the tours because of their 30 trucks that follow them.wherever they play :D

So I am just wondering, do they need a proper marketing or not? Because if they don't it might heighten the chance of a surprise drop :)

The organiser of the Musilac festival (Aix-les-Bains, France) just announced in a video that Muse will be playing his festival, adding that the album will be released in May.

http://www.ledauphine.com/isere-sud/2014/11/25/remi-perrier-j-ai-l-honneur-de-vous-annoncer-que-muse-sera-a-musilac

Huge news. He didn't use the conditional so I assume the album release date has to be solidified, had he used the conditional then that would be according to "word-of-mouth" given by the band, but I'm sure this means he has a deeper understanding than just that.

I remember hearing they didn't make any money on the TR tour (and maybe the T2L one) IN THE US. Because of all the gear, and fees, and crap.

I don't know if that was true other places.

I mean, I can't imagine a band doing something so time consuming for free...

They really do need the hype in the US, which now that Madness isn't on the radio every five minutes, has probably largely forgotten about them.

And as much as I'd like to see them play smaller gigs, theater gigs are always pretty lame with the assigned seating, and always ending up not being able to see.

I think it can be agreed all round that Muse haven't received the marketing and promo support they should have with the last two albums; be this prerelease hype, singles and accompanying videos and tours.

T2L definitely but TR, really? Both Uprising and the album were heavily promoted imo, and then there was the USoE thing. Not to mention Twilight.

Why is nobody talking about the fact that an even organizer let slip the official release month of the album? Come on Musers

Well because it's pretty much what we expected and it doesn't really give us anything to take any further. It's gonna be released in May, okay now what?

Archived