bloody hell, LP7, it doesn't feel like it's been that long since I was doing my GCSEs and waiting for the resistance to come out :chuckle: bless.

What I've read on here so far does seem promising. Do we have an indication of when it will be released or is it just 'at some point next year'?

Some time in the summer seems to be the general idea, probably not too long after the first set of festivals they're doing.

If the album is just heavy and doesnt really have alot of Muse signatures I'll be disappointed. I want it to be rock oriented obviously but if Matt's guitar signature tone is lost (almost non existent in T2L and TR) among some other things (possibly/likely no strings or orchestras) I wont be happy either. Heavy for the sake of heavy isn't an improvement if the only thing that makes it sound like Muse is Matt's voice.

This is shaping up to be the first time Bellamy was remotely accurate about the sound of the new album... and sadly it's the one time I really, really wanted him to be full of shit.

Imagining a world without ACDC actually brightened my day a little, though... I was forced to listen to that damn band for hours a day, for years and years of my life, and it still all sounds like the same song with different dirty puns mixed in.

...and? :erm:.

Just feels like everyone's jumping to conclusions based on this alone. Hasn't he produced a whole bunch of sugary pop acts too?

Producers clearly bring their own style and direction to each album they work on, but it rarely translates into an all-encompassing direction or ethos.

...and? :erm:.

Just feels like everyone's jumping to conclusions based on this alone. Hasn't he produced a whole bunch of sugary pop acts too?

Producers clearly bring their own style and direction to each album they work on, but it rarely translates into an all-encompassing direction or ethos.

Following that logic they could well end up sounding like Shania Twain or Michael Bolton.

I am not saying that this is what I think, but this is the feeling I get from this thread.

Don't really get the hate for AC/DC but it's just matter of taste i guess. :LOL:

But that they have that guy as producer doesn't say much. it's more that they going to play Download and along with other things, quicker process with recording songs.. etc. just some thing pointing to it. can still turn out differently, but i have a feeling that this time might be the first time it's not the case. :p i'm excited for it. I'm trying not to set my hopes too high. but i have faith in it.. i think. :p

This is shaping up to be the first time Bellamy was remotely accurate about the sound of the new album... and sadly it's the one time I really, really wanted him to be full of shit.

I thought it sounded promising and found for the most part he was usually fairly accurate about the sound of the albums

The #backinblack tag on the Instagram, I thought, was more what people were referring to than the actual producer choice. Oh, and the photo of ACDC.

So, that's fair.

And Matt's talking about wanting this album to be classic rock influenced.

For me, I was hoping he'd forget about what he said in Helsinki, about the album sounding like Yes Please and Agitated.

That was before all the ACDC stuff.

Archived