Did they post this many updates when they were recording the past 2 previous albums? I can't remember

Not really. We've been very lucky with this album.

The Resistance had those snippets of USOE that were released in a sort of scavenger hunt style... as for social media updates I don't really know how much they posted, but I don't think there was much.

For T2L, the information sort of all started to come about when they announced Survival as the Olympics song, if I remember correctly. That wasn't until about three months before T2L was released.

LA Rising didn't happen not because of promoter regret, it's because RATM can't get their shit together.

Also guys look at the set-up Matt has in that photo, normally he lays down vocals last, right?

So this can either mean one of two things:

1. The album is nearing completion

Or more likely,

2. The album is being recorded with live takes because why else would he have his guitar and a mic set up at the same time?

Live takes here read as: the album recording might be all live rather than everything being overlaid like they usually do. Think "Suck It And See" by Arctic Monkeys, they used this method for that album.

LA Rising didn't happen not because of promoter regret, it's because RATM can't get their shit together.

Think Fabri was referring to the fact that Muse played LA Rising - a "heavy" band's own festival - and instead of going for their more raw and heavy songs they played UD, Resistance and Starlight. There's no way we can infer that a heavy festival -> a heavy sound.

On the note of that thing on the bottom of the guitar, I'm liking the idea of Matt pulling off another tapping solo thing across multiple strings with the whammy or something like that

Archived