How would you change The 2nd Law?

Niall

I want a trademark heavy piano song, not Queen-style piano on Survival or the keyboard on Explorers. And some heavy, thick guitar somewhere. I feel like too much of the album relies too much on strings/choirs/horns/synths to flesh the songs out and as a result the guitar and piano parts don't stand out.

I would completely rework Liquid State, get Matt to sing it, beef up the guitar, extend the chorus - it could have the potential to become something approaching Stockholm Syndrome, but as it is it just sounds lacklustre and unfinished.

The more I listen to the last 4 tracks, the more I despise that part of the album. What a terrible waste. It's a really good album in my opinion until you get to Save Me. Why couldn't Matt have written 4 more decent songs, like the opening 8 (not including Prelude, which is another waste)? I think I'll end up listening to this album as 8 tracks, which will be over far too quickly. I'm really angry! :mad:

Ok, Chris has had a go, which hasn't worked in my opinion, but let's move on. But Unsustainable and Isolated System are just lazy filler, no point to them whatsoever.

The more I listen to the last 4 tracks, the more I despise that part of the album. What a terrible waste. It's a really good album in my opinion until you get to Save Me. Why couldn't Matt have written 4 more decent songs, like the opening 8 (not including Prelude, which is another waste)? I think I'll end up listening to this album as 8 tracks, which will be over far too quickly. I'm really angry! :mad:

Ok, Chris has had a go, which hasn't worked in my opinion, but let's move on. But Unsustainable and Isolated System are just lazy filler, no point to them whatsoever.

Isolated System is one of their best tracks, Save Me is nice and better than Explorers.

GTFO.

If every track on the album was instrumental (no vocals, no singing whatsoever), I don't think I'd bother buying it. Vocals add an extra dimension, and with Matt's voice being so amazing, I'm sure he could have taken those last two tracks to another level, and I'd probably love them!

Follow Me

Animals

Explorers

Big Freeze

Should not be there. Those are the weak points of the album. Muse should have considered putting different new songs on there, and written new, stronger songs.

Everything else is fantastic. But that is a pretty good chunk of the album.

lol, Animals.

Coming from someone with an OoS avatar.

Follow Me

Animals

Explorers

Big Freeze

Should not be there. Those are the weak points of the album. Muse should have considered putting different new songs on there, and written new, stronger songs.

Everything else is fantastic. But that is a pretty good chunk of the album.

Animals is weak? Animals, weak? Animals... WEAK?!

Side note.. anyone else think that the chorus to panic station sounds a bit like THRILLER? The, 'When its came to sacrifice imagination ' part reminds me a lot of '..but terror takes the sound before you make it'. Just me? I remember thinking that on my first listen. Decent tune still.

Side note.. anyone else think that the chorus to panic station sounds a bit like THRILLER? The, 'When its came to sacrifice imagination ' part reminds me a lot of '..but terror takes the sound before you make it'. Just me? I remember thinking that on my first listen. Decent tune still.

I am a huge MJ fan and have not noticed that. Good catch.

Archived