How would you change The 2nd Law?

Niall

- Bin Unsustainable.

- Speed up Madness by about 1.15 times and shave it down a bit. Keep the last minute and a half exactly the same.

- Cut two minutes from Explorers.

- Make all the heavy bits a tad heavier.

- Put a proper outro on Liquid State.

- Put a proper intro on Save Me.

Minor things really.

Okay, this is not just aimed at you, but everyone who implies that Nero ruined Follow Me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAgRBq2jnz4&feature=related

None of you have heard the version without Nero, so shut up.

I'm just not a fan of the production and i thought the live version sounded much better.

But i guess this is what happens when you speak your mind

Guitar, Heavier Drums. The electro bass is gone. General better soundscape

The point he's trying to make is that the live version is Muse playing the studio version with their standard setup of instruments. They're NOT playing the original scrapped rock-ier version.

I prefer the live version too for the same reasons you pointed out, but regardless it's not Nero's fault.

Seriously people, stop fucking blaming Nero for Muse's song.

No! That electro-house sound, that's just... NOT RIGHT. this song was supposed to be for his son, so why did he turn it into a pile of shiny glitter? it should be slower, milder. only singing and piano imo, it would be more personal that way. the vocals are some of the most emotional and beautiful on the album and I just can't pay attention to them because of those lame electro sounds... it ruins it for me. and that's Nero's doing. But I'm not blaming Nero, I'm blaming Muse for their choice to remix the song.

No! That electro-house sound, that's just... NOT RIGHT. this song was supposed to be for his son, so why did he turn it into a pile of shiny glitter? it should be slower, milder. only singing and piano imo, it would be more personal that way. the vocals are some of the most emotional and beautiful on the album and I just can't pay attention to them because of those lame electro sounds... it ruins it for me. and that's Nero's doing. I'm not blaming Nero, I'm blaming Muse for their choice to remix the song.

What?

"Stop blaming Nero"

"No! They didn't write the song as it SHOULD sound in my opinion, and that's Nero's doing. I'm not blaming Nero."

I really dont get how people are saying that Nero ruined Follow Me, considering that Muse must have been happy enough with it to put it on the album. They didnt have to go with his mix, they could have stuck to their own, so if anything if you dont like Follow Me you should blame Muse, you know the people who wrote the song in the first place?

For the record I love Follow Me, Unsustainable really could have done with the Nero treatment if you ask me

Guitar, Heavier Drums. The electro bass is gone. General better soundscape

I'm not sure Nero is entirely to blame for the overproduction of Follow Me (to be honest I wouldn't even be able to point out the parts on the song that make it clear Nero touched it cause I don't know what/who they are) but I agree with you there when you say the live version is better than the album version. To me the studio version is repulsive whereas the live version makes the song my second favourite from the album. :)

EDIT: ok, not really repulsive, but definitely disappointing. haha

No! That electro-house sound, that's just... NOT RIGHT. this song was supposed to be for his son, so why did he turn it into a pile of shiny glitter? it should be slower, milder. only singing and piano imo,

That's your opinion. If it's why you don't like the song that's fine, but why should your opinion for what a father's song should be shape what Matt wanted to do?

What?

"Stop blaming Nero"

"No! They didn't write the song as it SHOULD sound in my opinion, and that's Nero's doing. I'm not blaming Nero."

way to misunderstand what I'm saying.

sorry I mentioned the piano part, it was just my desire, it's got nothing to do with my point:

the electro-house/dubstep/whatever part draws away attention from the beautiful vocals and harmonic progression, anything would've been better than that. It IS Nero's doing, because they did what they were asked to do. Muse are to blame for chosing to remix it in the first place.

also it doesn't suit the theme either: song for his son and all that...

Archived