Matt Bellamy's voice has never been better

JoshXR

He was ill. Obviously he wouldn't sing the same as he normally does.

Cool. I understand this. But lately he "normally" sings a little bit better than at coachella. "His voice has NEVER been better"? Really? Seriously? In terms of what? Just don't go crazy, explain to me what exactly you and other think got better?

Cool. I understand this. But lately he "normally" sings a little bit better than at coachella. "His voice has NEVER been better"? Really? Seriously? In terms of what? Just don't go crazy, explain to me what exactly you and other think got better?

Power, delivery, tone, the ease at which he hits notes, his breathing, errr anything else?

His voice technically is in a different league when compared with showbiz and the early stuff but this doesn't mean that you have to prefer it now as you may like the early whiny voice (just my opinion) but personally I prefer it now Matt's voice seems to be completely under his control as opposed to the other way around although he can sometimes be too theatrical.

Power, delivery, tone, the ease at which he hits notes, his breathing, errr anything else?

Not sure about him hitting (very) high notes more easily than he used to. His voice is lower now, despite that he makes up for it with technique. I don't think belting A4s used to turn him red like the "I need to love" bit in Madness does (but he doesn't sound as strained as he used to sound sometimes, regardless)

Not sure about him hitting (very) high notes more easily than he used to. His voice is lower now, despite that he makes up for it with technique. I don't think belting A4s used to turn him red like the "I need to love" bit in Madness does (but he doesn't sound as strained as he used to sound sometimes, regardless)

I should have elaborated what I meant, he can hit the top 10% of his range easier than ever like in supremacy there is no way he could have sung that earlier in his career but he can no longer hit that top 5% with the game attack he use too ( I'm think the descending vocals in micro cuts and the end of showbiz) there is no way he could hit those notes like that. I personally think a more controlled falsetto minus the raw top end is better than having a falsetto which isn't particular controlled but has that better top end! He can still ramp up to them top notes anyway

If that makes any sense I'm not sure but it's just my thinking :)

Archived