Matt Bellamy's voice has never been better

JoshXR

What was the US arena performance of Follow Me where Matt had to fall back on crappy falsetto for the entire last chorus?

I remember this too, and the only one I could found was from the Calgary show.

But I also seem to remember a show where Matt did the last "my love"-line in the last chorus before Chris' vocals on a very weak falsetto, which this Calgary one doesn't have.

At the 2:00 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ApBG_1Fxc&feature=youtu.be&t

Just tried lowering MC half a step down and it sounds shit, the chorus is so much less powerful. A whole step down is even worse.

Still sounds brilliant to me. Gives the song a different vibe. But it will always sound "shit" when you tweak a studio version because it wasn't recorded that way. That goes for any song.

And having a few weak falsettos doesn't matter as much as straining and maybe even cracking in chest voice.

I think it's also because straining on the chest notes wears out his voice more than straining on falsetto notes.

Yeah, I'll have that, I guess.

Still sounds brilliant to me. Gives the song a different vibe. But it will always sound "shit" when you tweak a studio version because it wasn't recorded that way. That goes for any song.

When I tried the same thing with Futurism the difference was not as big as with Micro Cuts. It depends on the song, really.

In Toronto he sang that G5 anyway, even if quite away from the mic.

When I tried the same thing with Futurism the difference was not as big as with Micro Cuts. It depends on the song, really.

In Toronto he sang that G5 anyway, even if quite away from the mic.

G#5*

And it was by the mic I thought, just not for very long

G#5*

And it was by the mic I thought, just not for very long

Whatever, I know fuck nothing about notes :LOL:

I still don't think it sounds like his voice. Just sounds like another guitar(which I admit doesn't make sense, unless it's some effect I don't know about)

But it's his voice :c

• 7 months later...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4OGS5tJJY

Short little video I just made. Definitely the one I've spent the least amount of time on so don't expect a great comeback.

To me, it sounds like the earlier years' notes are more strained than the latter years' notes. To me it sounds like an improvement in his technique, as well as Matt learning how to look after his voice in the long run. His earlier voice sounds strained and painful, while, the later voice seems to have removed it.

Archived