Supremacy: 6/10 - I need to listen to this with Bond in mind otherwise I wont enjoy it as much. It is shamefully Bond.

Madness: 7/10 - I didn't like it much first time round, but it is a grower and I believe the second half is what makes it 7/10

Panic Station: 2/10 - I just can't listen to it. It is Scissor Sisters, can only imagine them realising it and me still hating it.

Prelude: 6/10 - Yea nice, unnecessary though

Survival: 7/10 - I think this song gets a hard rap, I would re-do Matts lyrics and vocals though, as well as the choir bits. Instrumentally, I like it a lot.

Follow Me: 8.5/10 - I'm so glad Nero got on board. it sounds like a really really fucking good Muse remix that somehow made it to the album - for which I'm glad

Animals: 9.5/10 - I'm in love with this song. Its exactly the song I have wanted Muse to do for a long time. Reminds me of MoTP in its subtlety, and UNKLE in its general build and feel.

Explorers: 7/10 - Yea nice, if they're going to do a standard slowy, its miles better than Guiding Light esque shite

Big Freeze: 7/10 - Very U2, but thats not a bad thing for me, I think they do things better than U2. In fact I think Matt sings 'Wheres the Streets Have No Name" better.

Save Me: 6.5/10 - Decent debut, doesn't really build into anything meaningful, way too long for its own good.

Liquid State: 7.5/10 - It's as if he got the hang of it from Save Me then made this beast. much better, again lots of subtlety that was missing from the Resistance

Unsustainable: 6.5/10 - I do like the dub-step but I think the track as a whole could have done with another Nero to help it out. Its a bit messy.

Isolated System: 7.5/10 - Nice way to end, I loved Exgenesis Part III last album as a good closer. I think this is slightly better.

Overall it seems I give it a 6.7 on average, but I'm willing to ignore Panic Station for a solid 7.2/10

Supremacy- Killer riff, and some of the best vocals Matt has done in a while. 9.25/10

Madness- I enjoy this song, the vocals are yet again brilliant, but not too sure if I dig the sound. 8/10

Panic Station- One of my favorite songs on the album, I was expecting a lot from this one, and it didn't disappoint. 9.5/10

Prelude- Great intro into Survival. 8/10

Survival- What a track, some great guitar work, great vocals. Just overall explosive. 9/10

Follow Me- I didn't know what to expect from this track by the descriptions, with the Nero mix and all, but the lyrics are wonderful, the vocals are superb, and the production is great. 8.5/10

Animals- This was my most anticipated track of T2L. It did not disappoint. The guitar is so clean, and the ending riff is just jaw dropping. 9.75/10

Explorers- I don't really see the comparison to Blackout here, it just sounds like a lullaby with lyrics about the downfall of Earth. Very beautiful though. 8.25/10

Big Freeze- Can anyone say U2? The chorus is really good, while the verses just don't have any kick. 7.5/10

Save Me- I really dig Chris as a vocalist. And I really dig this song overall. So emotional and beautiful. 8.75/10

Liquid State- Not as heavy as I suspected, but still very well done. Love that bass. 8.75/10

Unsustainable- The buildup to the dubstep breakdown is just chaotic and insanely awesome. Love it. 9/10

Isolated System- This one really surprised me. It's so haunting and beautiful. I love the end, just winding down to nothing. Great closer. 9/10

Overall, this sits just below OoS and Abso. and a tad above BH&R. Great album. There really isn't a bad song on it. I think it's a return to form that none of us expected.

8.7/10

Track by track:

Supremacy - Pretty good song, really like the intro but kind of feels like the 7 string riff never really gets going properly until the end. Like the guitar solo's and lyrics as well 8/10

Madness - Quite like it but doesnt really go anywhere for the first couple of minutes before the solo, just feels like it drags on a bit. End vocals are really good though and decent single material i suppose... 6/10

Panic Station - Didnt like the live video's from last week particularly but changed my mind on the studio version, really fun song with cool bassline and brass section, probably my favourite chorus on the album aswell 8/10

Prelude - Nice enough piece of music, nothing spectacular 5/10

Survival - One of my favourites, just wish that the lyrics were different...still feels far too simple and very cliche with the olympic theme. Love the outro riffs and solo's, one of my favourite parts of a muse song in a long time 9/10

Follow Me - Like it from the second 'follow me' bit where but feels like it takes too long to get there, pretty good song though and should be good live 7/10

Animals - Favourite on the album, really like everything about it except the outro riff...just isnt really heavy enough and was expecting more after the live videos 9/10

Explorers - Dont Stop Me Now similarities aside its a pretty good song. Maybe a little too long but generally like it 7/10

Big Freeze - I can put up with Muse sounding like Queen but not U2, least favourite on the album. Very repetitive and doesnt really go anywhere, fairly average really 4/10

Save Me - Another one i think is too long without ever really going anywhere. Good to hear Chris singing and lyrics are really good, definitely wouldnt have felt the same with Matt doing them. Some really good guitar work under the last chorus aswell 7/10

Liquid State - Like the QOTSA kind of feel but just feels too short and like its missing something, could have been a lot better in my opinion. Decent song though and Chris sounds good, hopefully will see it live 6/10

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable - Really like this and looking forward to seeing how they do the 'dubstep' bits live. Maybe could be heavier and a bit of a shame they just repeated essentially the same thing twice. The drums under the second reporter bit are one of my favourite things on this album 8/10

oh yeah, this

Transition between these two is fucking woeful

The 2nd Law: Isolated System - Good to hear them doing something really different to anything they've done before. Not particularly memorable and not really sure i see any way of it being used live but good ending to the album anyway 7/10

Supremacy - 8/10

Madness - 6/10

Panic Station - 9/10

Prelude + Survival - 6/10

Follow Me - 8.5/10

Animals - 8/10

Explorers - 7/10

Big Freeze - 7/10

Save Me - 7.5/10

Liquid State - 8/10

The 2nd Law: Unsustaimable - 8/10

The 2nd Law: Isolated System - 7/10

Good album though because I still enjoy Madness and Survival

If only Explorers and Big Freeze were as good as the rest of the album, this would have been their best yet. Hands down.

I think Big Freeze is bloody amazing :LOL: I also like Explorers for what it is. I'd say this is my third favourite album after OOS and Abso, but I can almost definitely see it knocking off Abso and taking second place.

I just adore Isolated System

However not keen on album overall, even though I love all the songs debuted the other night, it just doesn't feel right. Explorers and Big Freeze and a couple of others just don't feel like they beling on there. Doesn't feel like an album as such

May as well throw in my bit :)

Supremacy:Good, but I was expecting a bit more from all the hype, really like the end though 7/10

Madness:Really enjoyable once it gets going but takes too long to get there 7/10

Panic Station:Really wasn't expecting to like this one but it's actually one of my favourites. Solid 9.5/10

Prelude:An intro to Suvival. Nothing good nothing bad 5/10

Survival:Always really liked this track and love the guitar in the middle but let down by the lyrics. Definite 8/10

Follow Me:Probably my favourite track on the album. Love everything about it :D. Not my favourite song ever though, so 9.5/10

Animals:Love Matt on this track. Good track 8/10

Explorers:I actually found this track really enjoyable, but it didn't really make an impression 6/10

Big Freeze:Nothing special when I first listened to it but it is growing on every listen. Currently 7/10

Save Me:Probably my least favourite on the album. I just find it a bit boring. 5.5/10

Liquid State:Really like this track. Mainly because of the guitars but Chris' singing just tops it off 9/10

Unsustainable:Liked it when I first heard it and it hasn't waned since then. Wish they'd done something different with the second 'dup-step' bit. 8/10

Isolated System:A beautiful song and an excellent closer. Love it. 8.5/10

Overall: 7.5/10

Good album overall and goes in as my joint 3rd favourite (Showbiz>BH&R>T2L=OOS=Abso>TR)

Do you mean that the songs on the albums are incoherent with each other, or do you mean that the 3 albums together are incoherent?

The albums are all over the place and make no sense. They're just collections of completely random songs that are only loosely based on the same themes.

The albums are all over the place and make no sense. They're just collections of completely random songs that are only loosely based on the same themes.

I think it's better than making shitty concept albums like Green Day do where every song sounds the same.

Archived