The solos in the album last like 10 seconds and are super simple. They're hardly November Rain or Comfortably Numb...

They're exactly like their other album solos, short and simple. Matt said in an interview that he felt embarrassed people say he's a good guitarist and wanted to do more with the solos..

He failed at that.

Just a poor forgettable album in general really, there are some highlights but like The resistance, you listen to it once and go back to their older stuff. I saw The Resistance tour live at Wembley and then I saw them at Reading too and whenever The resistance or that Twilight song played, people were bored and just wanted them to get back to their older stuff.

This is exactly how 2nd Law will go but now we have to put up with two shit albums and they'll probably only play like 4 old songs or something now.......

Wait another 3 years I guess but when that tart dumps Matt it'll probably be something devoted to that relationship, so maybe I'll wait for their 8th comeback album lol.

If you don't like it just go away i don't see why people insist to stick around just to slate the album

Being a Muse fan doesn't mean you have to like all their stuff and delude yourself.

I'll have my rant while I'm on the net for this hour or two and then never think about it again.

The solos in the album last like 10 seconds and are super simple. They're hardly November Rain or Comfortably Numb...

Maybe you should listen to Guns n Roses and Pink Floyd then?

Or just listen to some other, heavier, guitar band like Dream Theater or whatever. There will be plenty of guitar solos for you.

I just expected a traditional guitar solo song, he proved he can do it when they covered Back in Black and wanted something like that.

Panic Station was like is this another one bites the dust? The Matt sung and I thought Fred had an unreleased song.....

Holy shit is big Freeze U2's new song?

God this is like the ultimate rip off album.

Still not enough?

On the second listen, I've come to the conclusion that Chris has ruined a really great album. I'm sorry to say this, I adore him, but I can't get over the fact that Liquid State doesn't sound Muse at all. Totally out of place and generally mediocre.

Save me is okay. Should've been way shorter, though.

Supremacy - 9

Madness - 7,5

Panic Station - 8,5

Prelude - 8

Survival - 8

Follow Me - 7,5

Animals - 8,5

Explorers - 8

Big Freeze - 6,5

Save Me - 6,5

Liquid State - 4,5

Unsustainable - 8,5

Isolated System - 9

Being a Muse fan doesn't mean you have to like all their stuff and delude yourself.

I'll have my rant while I'm on the net for this hour or two and then never think about it again.

I am not deluded whatsoever not every song is to my taste i just don't go on about it

Not cohesive at all, but I really enjoy listening to it all the way through. With TR, BH&R and Abso this doesn't happen. Might be just that it's new though, but I don't know

To me it's because there's always something to look forward at certain points in the album, and it kinda sustains you throughout.

But yeah like you said, maybe it's just because it's newer. :LOL:

Unsustainable > Isolated System is the most jarring transition I've ever heard on an album. Which is weird considering they're meant to be sort of together.

Agreed. The end of Unsustainable should have been extended a little, maybe with a speech about impending doom, then cross-fading into Isolated System's eerie intro after the speech ends with the final note that leaves a certain impact.

I encourage EVERYONEEEEE to try this order, works for me. Found it better than before

Unsustainable

Prelude

Survival

Madness

Panic Station

Big Freeze

Follow Me

Explorers

Save Me

Animals

Supremacy

Liquid State

Isolated System

Oh...I still think Supremacy should have been at the end. But yeah, Unsustainable has no place being there at the end!

I encourage EVERYONEEEEE to try this order, works for me. Found it better than before

Unsustainable

Prelude

Survival

Madness

Panic Station

Big Freeze

Follow Me

Explorers

Save Me

Animals

Supremacy

Liquid State

Isolated System

I will try this! I have it on shuffle at the moment, the track order doesn't give you the full force of the tracks!

Relistening right now

God this entire album is just schizophrenic to me. I get fiddling around with different styles, that's always been a Muse thing, but here it's just too much. Think of OoS, it's got a lot of different styles on the album but they all share a similar sound. Here, there's a lot of different styles with a lot of different sounds. It's almost as if they really couldn't make up their mind about anything for this.

Another gripe I have is that it's not memorable at all. I couldn't tell you how Animals sounded. I can't remember the guitar in Liquid State. After my first listen I had completely forgotten what Big Freeze sounds like, and that was after I had listened to it. I mean, the songs sound good, but there's no hooks. There's nothing bringing me back to this album, other than that it's Muse and I still love them in my heart even if I can't stand listening to them anymore.

Supremacy

Madness

Panic Station

Prelude

Survival

Follow Me

Suddenly, a wild chess game appears.

♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜

♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙

♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

Animals

Explorers

Big Freeze

Save Me

Liquid State

Unsustainable

Isolated System

I know Muse had bad lyrics before but everything on this album just seems to have hit a new level of garbage :LOL:

"Embedded spies brainwashing our children to be mean"

"Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Win! Win! Win! Win! Yes, I'm gonna win"

"And you feel wrong like your life has slipped away"

"Analyse, franchise, spread out kill the competition and buy yourself an ocean"

"We can walk through the fields and feeling nature's glow but all the land is owned"

"Don't give in and hear the engines roar and save our crops from drought"

"Don't let the magic leave us, stop the loneliest force becoming king of the universe"

It's like the album is a bizarre list of instructions based around a 1990s kids TV shows view on the economy and the environment.

Can Chris just become the new lyricist please?

Oh...I still think Supremacy should have been at the end. But yeah, Unsustainable has no place being there at the end!

Possibly, I just felt that the heavyness builds that way. Heavy start, gets fun, then calmer, then builds up to end heavily again. And then there's IS :LOL: That's the general idea anyway, dunno if it makes sense but it works for me

I know Muse had bad lyrics before but everything on this album just seems to have hit a new level of garbage :LOL:

"We can walk through the fields and feeling nature's glow but all the land is owned"

"Don't let the magic leave us, stop the loneliest force becoming king of the universe"

It's like the album is a bizarre list of instructions based around a 1990s kids TV shows view on the economy and the environment.

"Brainwashing our children to be mean" <--- lol.

Another reason why I think this album is so schizophrenic :LOL:

Archived