This is not what Dee means though.

How? :LOL: She's saying the albums don't flow and the song's doing coexist with each other and I said that i'd prefer that to them sounding exactly the same like they do on a lot of concept albums

EDIT : She? hahaha, I mean he.

Supremacy - 8/10

Madness - 7/10

Panic Station - 8/10

Survival - 6/10

Follow Me - 7/10

Animals - 7/10

Explorers - 5/10

Big Freeze - 1/10 (not even joking, absolutely diabolical)

Save Me - 5/10

Liquid State - 6/10

Unsustainable - 7/10

Isolated System - 8/10

Supremacy - 8/10

Madness - 7/10

Panic Station - 8/10

Survival - 6/10

Follow Me - 7/10

Animals - 7/10

Explorers - 5/10

Big Freeze - 1/10 (not even joking, absolutely diabolical)

Save Me - 5/10

Liquid State - 6/10

Unsustainable - 7/10

Isolated System - 8/10

Only 5 and 6 for Chris' songs? :(

I know, haha. Typo :happy:

SURE MATE

Which doesn't matter if the songs are good.

It does when you're trying to listen to the whole thing in one go.

I think it's better than making shitty concept albums like Green Day do where every song sounds the same.

Green Day are shit in general, though. It's also true for their entire discography.

This is not what Dee means though.

Exactly.

How? :LOL: She's saying the albums don't flow and the song's doing coexist with each other and I said that i'd prefer that to them sounding exactly the same like they do on a lot of concept albums

The songs don't have to sound the same though. They just need to flow better and make more sense in the context of the album. It's like "oh this album is about space and shit" for TR, "but there are random love songs etc smack in the middle of it". And now it's "this album is about the economy, and thermodynamics.....but also love songs because why not". It doesn't make any sense. The order of the songs is all fucked up as well. There's no pacing.

*he

Thank you.

The songs don't have to sound the same though. They just need to flow better and make more sense in the context of the album. It's like "oh this album is about space and shit" for TR, "but there are random love songs etc smack in the middle of it". And now it's "this album is about the economy, and thermodynamics.....but also love songs because why not". It doesn't make any sense. The order of the songs is all fucked up as well. There's no pacing.

I'd agree with this. I really did find it alarming just how rapidly all steam seemed to come out of the album after Animals.

Only 5 and 6 for Chris' songs? :(

Save Me is just dull, really wish it went somewhere. :(

And Liquid State is a cool riff and I like the idea, but I really don't like his vocals, though I can't put my finger on why. They just seem... generic, I dunno.

The next release will be 18 jazzcore/shoegaze EPs hidden under the ocean and guarded by robot sharks. It is up to 18 heroic adventurers to find the discs and share their music with the world! :awesome:

:LOL: I'm ok with that.

I can totally understand Dee's point. Muse have had a problem in flow for their albums since 2006 (the only good flow in BH&R is the western trio at the end)

I think it's also hard for them to make albums flow now though, because they have so many influences and they develop songs with so many different styles that it's really hard to making the songs flow together properly.

I obviously don't use that as "an excuse", they could have done a better job for this album.

That being said, I think this is their 2nd best album ever.

Save Me is just dull, really wish it went somewhere. :(

And Liquid State is a cool riff and I like the idea, but I really don't like his vocals, though I can't put my finger on why. They just seem... generic, I dunno.

Really? I love Save Me! Can understand what you're saying about it not going anywhere though.

Saddened by the indifference towards Save Me. Easily one of the best Muse songs ever IMO.

You know back in the 90's when boybands were really popular and every album they released had to include a mandatory slow filler song in the form of a ballad?

That's what Save Me is. It's the filler ballad that used to be the standard for almost every album a few years ago.

Archived