Also I think Muse are way too comfortable to do EPs and such. That's why they always talk about doing something new and different but end up doing the same shit as they always do, because it works and there's no need to change.

Also I think Muse are way too comfortable to do EPs and such. That's why they always talk about doing something new and different but end up doing the same shit as they always do, because it works and there's no need to change.

Muse in a nutshell. They get away with it because comfortable for them is playing every single genre ever written. Still, I'd much prefer if Muse could actually try something unique for once.

Thing is, the single version of it sounds fine, the album version does not and neither does the version on the Olympics closing ceremony cd. Weird.

I have the single version edited into my playlist, actually. Album version sounds like Bellamy put his elbow on the keys right when he started to play.

Prelude/Survival, I would be much happier if they were just together on a track, because why would I put Prelude on a playlist to just pop up on it's own? That would be stupid. But, I like it at the beginning of Survival.

Oh wait... most people probably listen to songs more randomly nowdays, with iPods and shit... Maybe that's why flow just isn't as important to a lot of people. :happy:

We're too used to hearing all of our songs mashed together in a fucked up order anyways.

Oh wait... most people probably listen to songs more randomly nowdays, with iPods and shit... Maybe that's why flow just isn't as important to a lot of people. :happy:

We're too used to hearing all of our songs mashed together in a fucked up order anyways.

Speak for yourself

Nope. I actually reorganize most albums I get if I'm not happy with the flow. Prelude is just a shit wasted opportunity.

Nope. I actually reorganize most albums I get if I'm not happy with the flow. Prelude is just a shit wasted opportunity.

I actually can't do that. Even if I want to. It feels kinda wrong to me.

Why? Because the artist wanted it that way (sometimes making a horrible job :chuckle:)? Just do a playlist then, and use it when you're not feeling guilty :nerd:

Why? Because the artist wanted it that way (sometimes making a horrible job :chuckle:)? Just do a playlist then, and use it when you're not feeling guilty :nerd:

That's what I do :awesome: It's a shame, because the way I've ordered The 2nd Law actually flows really nicely. Just shows how little effort they put into the ordering.

That's what I do :awesome: It's a shame, because the way I've ordered The 2nd Law actually flows really nicely. Just shows how little effort they put into the ordering.

Yeah :logic: the songs are so good, why not ordering properly :noey:

Unsustainable

Supremacy

Panic Station

Survival

Liquid State

Follow Me

Madness

Big Freeze

Explorers

Save Me

Animals

Isolated System

:facemelt:

It might be quite hard to do after having worked on it for so long. Possible that it just needs a fresh set of ears...by someone who isn't just gonna go "maybe you should place some singles at the start"

Yeah :logic: the songs are so good, why not ordering properly :noey:

Unsustainable

Supremacy

Panic Station

Survival

Liquid State

Follow Me

Madness

Big Freeze

Explorers

Save Me

Animals

Isolated System

:facemelt:

That's pretty close to mine actually

It might be quite hard to do after having worked on it for so long. Possible that it just needs a fresh set of ears...by someone who isn't just gonna go "maybe you should place some singles at the start"

Yeah, didn't think of it like that. I still reckon they just pulled songs out of a hat though.

I have the single version edited into my playlist, actually. Album version sounds like Bellamy put his elbow on the keys right when he started to play.

Prelude/Survival, I would be much happier if they were just together on a track, because why would I put Prelude on a playlist to just pop up on it's own? That would be stupid. But, I like it at the beginning of Survival.

Yes exactly I agree with all of this :happy:

:LOL: it's like EUGHH ah ah ah ah ah ah

I always get the idea from the way Matt talks about it, that the order of the songs is based on the story he wants to tell with the album. Only I don't know what that story would be :LOL:

The 2nd Law is in fact more concept than it looks like at first sight

The tracklist has no flow, but from the idea standpoint it works well

The 'hero' of the album (let me call it so :D) is hopeful that he will beat the difficulties until Survival, then the darkness falls and the evil animal corruptioners kill his hope and he concedes in Explorers. Then he sings cheerfully that our life is shit and we all gonna die in Big Freeze (:awesome:) and then come the-competely-out-of-place-and-not-connected-to-the-story Chris songs and then they stick on two instrumental tracks.

The 2nd Law in a nutshell :p

gonna find the thread bout revising the tracklist and post my suggestions there

Archived