There's a difference between some review or some random guy on twitter calling your song shit, or even someone in the festival audience for a new and upcoming band, and someone yelling it at your own gig where the people are supposed to be fans.

There's a difference between some review or some random guy on twitter calling your song shit, or even someone in the festival audience for a new and upcoming band, and someone yelling it at your own gig where the people are supposed to be fans.

Exactly. It's just a bit disrespectful too, whether it gets to them or not

After the guy said Madness was shit, Matt replied "we'll play it then, if you think it's that good".

And he didn't say anything about Bush, he said something about the gig (sherperd's bush xD)

Oh okay! :LOL:

If Matt was pissed off, it was possibly at the rudeness. I would think that would annoy anyone, someone shouting out like that, irrespective of the song, though we know it is a bit special to him, so that makes it worse.

It's a dickmove nonetheless

It's the same thing really as what was discussed earlier in the twitter Q&A thread, people seem to forget they are actually talking to real people. Criticise their work all you want elsewhere, no need to be a dick and call their songs shite to their face. In particular I don't get it when it's probably the only interaction you will ever get with the person whose albums you buy and for whose gig probably queued for hours to get to the front row...

(Not trying to make a huge deal about this, just thought it was on topic with the previous discussion on the board)

i'm pretty sure it was Jamie, he said he'd done it before and was going to do it, and even if it wasnt, still proof of someone who adores muse and pays tons of money to see them, its all for da lolz

plus everyone was on such a high tonight!

Posted from Muse.mu App for Android

It's a dickmove nonetheless
Yeah, it was stupid and seriously, of all the things to tell Matt at a gig..? :rolleyes:

Just saying that it's a stretch to think it would have any consequence on his mood. The way he replied, it ended up as a quite funny moment.

FWIW, I don't think Matt seemed 'pissed off' towards the end of the gig. I do think he's sick of PiB, tho lol

Yeah, it was stupid and seriously, of all the things to tell Matt at a gig..? :rolleyes:

Just saying that it's a stretch to think it would have any consequence on his mood. The way he replied, it ended up as a quite funny moment.

FWIW, I don't think Matt seemed 'pissed off' towards the end of the gig. I do think he's sick of PiB, tho lol

Prapz it was just a general fuck off PiB gesture then

I find a lot of Muse's songs poignant for many different reasons. But in this case I'm particularly referring to Follow Me because the song is one Matt wrote about protecting his child and it was sung in the context (he spoke about it) the charity War Child which is dedicated to protecting children affected by war.

Maybe the poignancy of that is something only parents can understand. :stunned:

He definitely wasn't pissed off at the end. I doubt he would have gone along the row shaking everyone's hand had he been pissed off.

I really think it's time to drop PIB.

Dead Star sounded really fresh and heavy and seemed to go over really well with the crowd though.

PiB is the only older song I actually wouldn't mind being dropped. It's almost becoming a drag now because you can tell the band doesn't enjoy it, or give off that impression anyway.

Replace it with Dead Star, y/y?

Archived