"Radio enthusiasts across the globe started to notice stange beguiling broadcasts on the outer limits of the band. Anonymous transmissions that all have a similar shape to them. Each had a callsign, followed by sets and sets of numbers, usually in groups of 5. They are read aloud in simulated voices in languages ranging from English and Spanish t-t-t-t-t-to.....and Chinese. H-h-hour, day after day, some so regular you can set your watch by them. All we can do is listen and wonder, but for now, goodbye."

No idea what that, or the 50 odd numbers read out are a reference to but rather interesting.

What video did you use to hear this properly? Very curious about these numbers

EDIT: Nevermind got them! :D

"Radio enthusiasts across the globe started to notice stange beguiling broadcasts on the outer limits of the band. Anonymous transmissions that all have a similar shape to them. Each had a callsign, followed by sets and sets of numbers, usually in groups of 5. They are read aloud in simulated voices in languages ranging from English and Spanish t-t-t-t-t-to.....and Chinese. H-h-hour, day after day, some so regular you can set your watch by them. All we can do is listen and wonder, but for now, goodbye."

No idea what that, or the 50 odd numbers read out are a reference to but rather interesting.

What video did you use to hear this properly? Very curious about these numbers

If you google it...

vNlt7lp.png

IT REDIRECTS HERE! This is definitely a treasure hunt.

Has anyone else noticed that Matt doesn't play the piano in New Born any more? :eek:

Yeah of course, and who plays it? A magic 4th member? :rolleyes:

wut?

How did you make that connection?

The first set of numbers are 4000,000 and 39715.

Googled those together and got

Join4,000,000savvy travelers searching FareCompare each month ... 39,715 seats are available per day to fly out of Abu Dhabi, AE connecting to Munster, DE ...

That DE might mean it's happening after the Germany shows...

Dom A said they were doing a show in Abu Dhabi

However I'm pretty sure I'm totally wrong.

Seriously? :facepalm:

I mean, props to work it out but really I do think we're reading too much into everything now.

YOU should just be quiet for the rest of the night though.

:LOL: :LOL:

Anyway, props to Ryan, but it may just be a huge coincidence :LOL:

I mean, it would be too cool for Muse

There's a few numbers before the 4 and 0 sets, though, they are just under the dialogue. I could make out a 5 and a 7.

I am sure it means nothing, I am just bored. And thought it might be kind of cool if they were trying give us hints to something cool all Lord Kelvin style.

Carry on.

Seriously? :facepalm:

I mean, props to work it out but really I do think we're reading too much into everything now.

Oh my Abu Dhabi theory is total bullshit I know that :LOL:

But in all honesty here I think I may be on the something (nothing to do with Abu Dhabi). Something isn't right.

Can anyone isolate the numbers underneath the newsreader's voice in the beginning? I'd like to get the first set of numbers.

The first set I ran on google maps as zip codes and came up with provinces in spain, mexico, and saudi arabia....

Oh Lord. I am going to be up all night.

Can anyone isolate the numbers underneath the newsreader's voice in the beginning? I'd like to get the first set of numbers.

The first set I ran on google maps as zip codes and came up with provinces in spain, mexico, and saudi arabia....

Oh Lord. I am going to be up all night.

I thought they were coordinates at first too.

I was discussing this was Racket and he mentioned Number Stations. It fit the exact IS broadcast; a callsign followed by sets of numbers. I then stumbled onto this.

http://archive.org/details/ird059

Broadcasts from various number stations. The first one is creepy. as. fuck.

Archived