Ironically, it's a SWEDISH number station. :chuckle:

Interesting. Going to read up about this..

EDIT: here are the numbers I could make out for sure 57240000003971566 (the sixes were in french) 4751934492029920292

In case anyone was wondering.

This means absolutely nothing I am sure but I like a good mystery/challenge.:$

Ironically, it's a SWEDISH number station. :chuckle:

Interesting. Going to read up about this..

EDIT: here are the numbers I could make out for sure 57240000003971566 (the sixes were in french) 4751934492029920292

In case anyone was wondering.

This means absolutely nothing I am sure but I like a good mystery/challenge.:$

The spacing matters in the numbers because the broadcast and the wiki for number station specifically says "sets" of number. I didn't get 572, but I got

4000, 000, 39715, 66445, 19244, 920292029212

No the first audio file is labled The Swedish Raphsody Irdis. Are the numbers spoken by the little girl in German though? I know very little about foreign languages.

I wasn't fully paying attention to what she was saying but I did hear some German in there

The prize for this hunt is a Guiding Light 7'' transparent vinyl.

#GuidingLightForItaly

No the first audio file is labled The Swedish Raphsody Irdis. Are the numbers spoken by the little girl in German though? I know very little about foreign languages.

It's German, and it's from a German station. The name of the audio file is irrelevant. It even says at the site: "The voices are of varying pitches and intonation; there is even a German station (The Swedish Rhapsody) that transmits a female child's voice!"

The name "The Swedish Rhapsody" simply refers to the song you hear in the audio file which is based on the actual Swedish Rhapsody.

It's German, and it's from a German station. The name of the audio file is irrelevant. It even says at the site: "The voices are of varying pitches and intonation; there is even a German station (The Swedish Rhapsody) that transmits a female child's voice!"

The name "The Swedish Rhapsody" simply refers to the song you hear in the audio file which is based on the actual Swedish Rhapsody.

Thanks, Simon! :)

I have absolutely no idea what any of you are talking about.

->leaves before embarrasing herself with stupid questions and/or not spotting obvious sarcasm.

GAWD Sade how could you not notice the obvious sarcasm? You're embarrassing yourself.

GAWD Sade how could you not notice the obvious sarcasm? You're embarrassing yourself.

That is a good question, Sippe. I do believe we must examine the reasons in depth. I am inclined to believe it comes down to

1)unfamiliarity with the subject matter

2)tiredness

3)language barrier and how humour translates between languages (especially by non-native speakers).

[insert four additional paragraphs here]

I am looking forward to everyone's contributions to this pressing and literal question which needs answering. Do not forget to cite your sources.

That is a good question, Sippe. I do believe we must examine the reasons in depth. I am inclined to believe it comes down to

1)unfamiliarity with the subject matter

2)tiredness

3)language barrier and how humour translates between languages (especially by non-native speakers).

[insert four additional paragraphs here]

I am looking forward to everyone's contributions to this pressing and literal question which needs answering. Do not forget to cite your sources.

Gawd Sade I was being sarcastic.

You silly goose.

Glad you guys began the discussion, I should have searched first before starting a thread.

I remember hearing these as a kid. Went through a plane spotting phase and would try and listen in on various radio waves to police, pilots, etc. Guess because my Dad was a policeman wanted to hear the stuff.

And yes. creepy. as. fuck.

I thought they were coordinates at first too.

I was discussing this was Racket and he mentioned Number Stations. It fit the exact IS broadcast; a callsign followed by sets of numbers. I then stumbled onto this.

http://archive.org/details/ird059

Broadcasts from various number stations. The first one is creepy. as. fuck.

Archived