All this talk of Matt being on something tonight...

makes me worried for Chris's sobriety. He's fairly new at this. Had a little experience in this arena and know that it isn't good for an addict to be hanging with people on a regular basis who imbibe....

Just sayin.

And to stay on topic you can put my boo in along with the others over setlist concerns.

I don't like being grouped in with 12 yr olds who heard Starlight on the radio or NSC on the Twilight soundtrack simply because I am a new fan though...I am dying to hear Dead Star or Bliss as much as the next Muser. I think if the band thinks they need to go easy on the setlists so as not to lose ticket sales from new fans they need to take a different approach. It might be good to introduce those new fans to some of the older stuff and get them digging farther into the back catgalogue so they can discover the depths that the band truly goes to....

and since I am new and you all don't know, I will just insert that I found them when my son bought Guitar Hero and mastered KoC one afternoon, lol. I heard it over and over and over for like, 6 hours, and I thought to myself hmmmm who are these guys? LOL!

Matt wasn't drunk. He has said in the past alcohol ruins his voice and unless I was listening to a different gig Matt's vocals were amazing. Most likely he just decided to let loose. Sure he fucked up a bit he was way more fun.

Matt wasn't drunk. He has said in the past alcohol ruins his voice and unless I was listening to a different gig Matt's vocals were amazing. Most likely he just decided to let loose. Sure he fucked up a bit he was way more fun.

Well that's good. I went and watched the first 6 songs on YT, and I didn't see what some others are saying either....he looked sober to me.

I've mentioned this to others but I think so many complaints would be fixed if they just played longer sets. If they played 20 or more songs they could fit in some good 2nd Law songs, their standard hits they do every show, and then have room for some more that could be the rotation slots (supposing the other slots aren't rotated either).

I am kind of sad to see songs like SS start to fade away from the setlists, but after so many years I think it is time to move on, and the new songs are pretty great. If anything I would actually support more rotation. Even something like shuffling that one slot with SS/New Born/MK Ultra/Assassin. It would give the variety everyone's been asking for instead of like last tour where only a handful of shows got special shows and everyone else got the same set copy/paste from the night before.

The amount of people just standing there recording with their phones is so annoying. Must be annoying for the band to see too, instead of people rocking out, they're looking at you through their phones.

There's a pro-shot you idiots, it'll be on youtube, there's no need to record it.

Also, there are pro photographers, they'll take better pictures than you will on you shitty device.

Now put that thing away and enjoy the show.

The amount of people just standing there recording with their phones is so annoying. Must be annoying for the band to see too, instead of people rocking out, they're looking at you through their phones.

There's a pro-shot you idiots, it'll be on youtube, there's no need to record it.

Also, there are pro photographers, they'll take better pictures than you will on you shitty device.

This.

It's sad to see what music appreciation has devolved to. I tried the whole phone/camera thing at a show once or twice. It totally ruined the experience. I didn't pay real American dollars to see my favorite band through viewfinder...

It's sad to see what music appreciation has devolved to. I tried the whole phone/camera thing at a show once or twice. It totally ruined the experience. I didn't pay real American dollars to see my favorite band through viewfinder...

:LOL: You don't need to look through a viewfinder to take a picture. People should have a feel for what their camera is aiming for. But I do get annoyed when people hold their cameras way up high and block the view of others. Keep them just under your chin and out of people's faces. I don't like using a phone for concert videos or photos. I might take a couple with a phone to use as a background though. And people should still dance and enjoy themselves while taking pix. No need to be super still or quiet, it's still a show!

That is a weird encore. Really weird.

Yeah. Starlight should move up in the show if they want to play it.

Mm okay, Uprising does work pretty well but I disagree with Resistance. MK Ultra worked like a charm though :shifty:

Unnatural Selection was amazing live, Uprising was great, USOE was decent enough, I wouldn't know about MK Ultra but it looked pretty beastly. Resistance, however, was shite :chuckle:

Aye that was pretty bizarre.

I mean - I bring my camera to shows and I do like to take a fair amount of photos, but I don't get why people prefer spending a whole gig video/photoing than cutting loose. It's all the more mental if it's a pro-shot gig and there's already a shitload of cameras anyway.

Didn't Matt or Dom say something like that?

Archived