I don't think exciting is the word I'd use to be honest! Stay safe Bs, and don't go outside during the middle of it like I did :facepalm:

Don't worry, I stayed indoors, except to go out onto the balcony and admire the amount of rain. I've never been in a hurricane or anything before so it was kind of exciting from that perspective, but the winds probably weren't as strong as what you had to deal with. It's moved off anyway now, just couldn't do much over the weekend. One week left in Japan anyway. Then one week in Thailand. Then four weeks in France. Then finally back to the UK. Then it's guitar time!!!

Don't worry, I stayed indoors, except to go out onto the balcony and admire the amount of rain. I've never been in a hurricane or anything before so it was kind of exciting from that perspective, but the winds probably weren't as strong as what you had to deal with. It's moved off anyway now, just couldn't do much over the weekend. One week left in Japan anyway. Then one week in Thailand. Then four weeks in France. Then finally back to the UK. Then it's guitar time!!!

How strong were they? The highest that hurricane in 2012 produced was 115mph... I recall it was 104mph or something like that where I am.

Do you still have electricity or are you posting from your android?

What are you going to be doing in France, and what do you plan to do with your ukelele? I still think you should give it a proper send off at the end of your farewell gig

Sort of like this I guess.

SnTLoH46VrI

Or something more dramatic that everyone will remember...

ZDrWGlW03VQ

I'd heard that there were 110mph winds elsewhere but I'm not sure about here. We're surrounded by mountains so they'd have been much lower, and most of the time it was just rain really. There were a few times when the trees were really moving around, but I don't think they'd have been any damage here from it at least. I know there was some bad flooding in other places though. Mountains keep this place pretty safe usually though.

In France, I have to do a four week language course before I go back to the UK. No idea what's happening with the cheap (in name only) guitar here. It'll be being left one way or another.

I'd heard that there were 110mph winds elsewhere but I'm not sure about here. We're surrounded by mountains so they'd have been much lower, and most of the time it was just rain really. There were a few times when the trees were really moving around, but I don't think they'd have been any damage here from it at least. I know there was some bad flooding in other places though. Mountains keep this place pretty safe usually though.

In France, I have to do a four week language course before I go back to the UK. No idea what's happening with the cheap (in name only) guitar here. It'll be being left one way or another.

Fair enough. Did Mansons say anything about the weather in thailand affecting the finish on your custom?

I'm considering sending mine back at this point. The headstock finish is lifting a bit too... but I'll only have it done if they can reuse the original finish

Was having a good little scroll through the GSK page

Everyone loves an underdog story, and the story of Green Screen Kid is one in the making. At the age of 13 (2009), singer/guitarist Beau Zachowski was introduced to music. Although Beau was still a beginner, he did not hesitate to share his work via social media. He would upload videos of himself to YouTube, playing songs on his guitar in front of a green screen. However, his musical inexperience attracted many critics worldwide. These critics developed an unhealthy obsession with Beau, which escalated out of control. They created a thread on an online message board containing 200+ pages of posts mocking his musical abilities and degrading his character. This "cyber-bullying" went on for years. They named him “Green Screen Kid”, or “GSK” for short. One of Beau’s greatest strengths is tuning out the distractions that surround him. He utilized this strength by ignoring the negativity and continuing to improve his craft.

Fantastic

They jammed together for many years, and polished their musical chemistry to an elite level.

You can't say that kind of shit

Haha yeah I saw that a while back, but

They created a thread on an online message board containing 200+ pages of posts mocking his musical abilities and degrading his character

Sure, it was 200+ pages or whatever, but not just mocking him. He's not THAT good.

Fair enough. Did Mansons say anything about the weather in thailand affecting the finish on your custom?

I asked about it at some point, but they said there shouldn't really be a problem as long as I'm still being sensible and taking care of them and stuff. I don't know whether to find out about dehumidifiers or anything though or if the guitars will just adapt to the new climate.

I asked about it at some point, but they said there shouldn't really be a problem as long as I'm still being sensible and taking care of them and stuff. I don't know whether to find out about dehumidifiers or anything though or if the guitars will just adapt to the new climate.

I really have no idea what caused it. It's not been exposed to any extreme temperatures or high humidity. I made the mistake of letting everything dry up for one winter, but I don't think that had anything to do with it.

What's the average humidity level in thailand? I'm expecting you to know that without googling it. I think as long as it's not extreme (which it probably is) you're fine.

I did ask earlier if they could reuse the original finish if I sent it back, but it didn't sound like it was a guarantee. I would get the same finish patterns if it came to that, though.

Snip.

I did ask earlier if they could reuse the original finish if I sent it back, but it didn't sound like it was a guarantee. I would get the same finish patterns if it came to that, though.

That seems like the employee dictating what they want to do. Seems a bit, off to me.

That seems like the employee dictating what they want to do. Seems a bit, off to me.

I don't think that was the case to be honest. I think because it's supposedly never happened before, and they'd have to look at it first to make a decision.

But I'd probably end up doing it anyway as I would've spent a few hundred in shipping :facepalm: It would be pointless just to have it sent back in the same state that it was in before.

I always thought that might be the case, makes things easier at least.

Yeah, definitely easier than being in a solid block of epoxy

I don't have time to read through it properly, but it's just the instruction manual, right? I can see bits explaining the knob positions and functions, etc.

Yeah, but it would seem that there's some other information there too. Mainly curious about what the switch does.

edit:

IxpwdHd.jpg

What do you think about this Jaicen? To be honest, Neil has probably done worse, but...

Yeah, but it would seem that there's some other information there too. Mainly curious about what the switch does.

Some kind of tone switch, I think, making the effect weaker or stronger, depending on if it's on the left or right side. Not sure if it means like a wet/dry type thing, as I'm not familiar with the pedal, but yeah, something like a switch to control the intensity of the effect, so you can get the sound you want more easily. I'm guessing it's affect the balance of whatever the tone knob is doing.

Yes it looks fine, except for the exposed terminals carrying 450v...

I can't even see what's going on, but that's what I figured.

I got a pretty bad shock a while back from a JCM 800. Accidentally touched part of the rectification section and the (grounded) board mounting screw at the same time

Didn't measure it though.

EL34's run at about 450v on the plates, the preamps will be between 300-250v depending on the tube.

James you were lucky, at least at the rectifiers the voltages are relatively low :)

Edit: To be fair, at the voltage range were talking, it doesn't matter if its 110 or 450v, it will still kill you. It's more about the current you receive that matters, though higher volts are more likely to push you away, so I'm told.

EL34's run at about 450v on the plates, the preamps will be between 300-250v depending on the tube.

James you were lucky, at least at the rectifiers the voltages are relatively low :)

Edit: To be fair, at the voltage range were talking, it doesn't matter if its 110 or 450v, it will still kill you. It's more about the current you receive that matters, though higher volts are more likely to push you away, so I'm told.

Would it be any higher because those tubes appear to be 6CA7s?

And yeah, I've learned my lesson, but I generally leave everything besides bias adjustment to my tech. Mainly because I barely know which end of the soldering iron to hold.

Archived