Preordered a GP-10 today. I hope it will be here, when i come back from a holiday beginning of next week :)

nice

will you be using the roland GK pickup with it? I haven't tried mine yet, but I need to figure out what the difference between using the roland GK and the standard connection is.

Oh I know :awesome:

Just making sure you're aware. I thought it would be a shrew signature guitar, but then you knew and kept it secret :noey: I guess not since he plays peter shroud's guitar, and you already have that

:eek: It's... beautiful!

It really does seem to be Chris' sound. I'm curious as to what the toggle switch does; apparently there's little to no difference between the two settings... I think someone suggested it was switching between different diodes

Just making sure you're aware. I thought it would be a shrew signature guitar, but then you knew and kept it secret :noey: I guess not since he plays peter shroud's guitar, and you already have that

I wasn't allowed to tell before the public announcement :ninja: But James is probably an even bigger hero of mine than Shrew at this point. And yes, I've already reserved one of these :facepalm::awesome:

I wasn't allowed to tell before the public announcement :ninja: But James is probably an even bigger hero of mine than Shrew at this point. And yes, I've already reserved one of these :facepalm::awesome:

Why am I not surprised? :pope:

Also, gave the GP-10 a good try today. The difference seems to be that only 20 (out of 90) patches are available to use with a standard guitar; all others require a GK pickup

Because you know I can't get enough of a good transaction :eyebrows:

I don't think you're mentally ready for another one. Remember how elliott man was delayed and it sort of ruined the experience for you? I realize it was worth it in the end, but during the transaction, it seemed like you got a little bored. Maybe to the point of falling asleep.

After this transaction with survival amplification, I don't know if I will trust just any adult male individual. Especially ones without prior experience in what they're doing.

Sorry son, just ranting a bit here. I guess when you get a bit older, transactions are a little more difficult to handle.

I don't think you're mentally ready for another one. Remember how elliott man was delayed and it sort of ruined the experience for you? I realize it was worth it in the end, but during the transaction, it seemed like you got a little bored. Maybe to the point of falling asleep.

After this transaction with survival amplification, I don't know if I will trust just any adult male individual. Especially ones without prior experience in what they're doing.

Sorry son, just ranting a bit here. I guess when you get a bit older, transactions are a little more difficult to handle.

Hmm. I'm sorry your transaction with Shrew has been less than pleasurable. As for me...I've just signed up for another ride of my life with Elliott Man. Now to strap in and wait another 9 months :cool:

With the LS-2 blending it in it's just amazing.

Have you tried anything else like it? I'm sure Jaicen or someone said it's probably tone bender based, and I don't think many bassists use that pedal

Speaking of Jaicen, I'm still a bit tempted to have this peddle cloned, but it's certainly going to go down in value if it's messed with (even if it's reassembled correctly)

Hmm. I'm sorry your transaction with Shrew has been less than pleasurable. As for me...I've just signed up for another ride of my life with Elliott Man. Now to strap in and wait another 9 months :cool:

Shrew still hasn't delivered. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting burned...

QOTSA tomorrow :facemelt:

Also, Olly or anyone who is good at photoshop... can you put a baked maple neck on this? EVERY time I look at mine I think of how good it would look with a baked maple neck

TroyVanLeeuwen-Jazzmaster_Oxblood_m.jpg

Not doing it of course, but just curious what it would look like

Have you tried anything else like it? I'm sure Jaicen or someone said it's probably tone bender based, and I don't think many bassists use that pedal

Speaking of Jaicen, I'm still a bit tempted to have this peddle cloned, but it's certainly going to go down in value if it's messed with (even if it's reassembled correctly)

No one has to know :ninja:

No one has to know :ninja:

Yeah that's true, but generally I'm pretty honest about what I'm selling. Generally.

I don't know just how close we could get to the original anyway. I imagine it'll be impossible to find out certain things like the exact type of transistor etc.

Are there any good tabs out there for the chorus of Living is a Problem?

Wouldn't mind seeing this either. I think I play the first bit correctly, but the next part is definitely off

Spent quite a while today making some CUSTOM patches on the GP-10...lots of different possibilities on this thing.

Yes James, happy to reverse engineer it, but it would definitely reduce the value as you'd have to declare it when you sell it on. Regarding transistors etc, it's very rare that you need the exact part, but it can make a difference.

Are you going to demo/review the gp10?? Interested to hear what it can do.

Yes James, happy to reverse engineer it, but it would definitely reduce the value as you'd have to declare it when you sell it on. Regarding transistors etc, it's very rare that you need the exact part, but it can make a difference.

Are you going to demo/review the gp10?? Interested to hear what it can do.

How difficult would it be not to destroy it? because of all that magic goop involved.

And I'll try to. I've made five patches that I'm going to use. I set them up like this

-clean. based on a fender twin, with one of the switches setup to add delay if I want. Not sure if it does dotted eights though

-drive. based on the orange rockerverb 50. i have one switch for a solo boost, and the other for... (I already forgot, but I think it was EQ, or nothing at all)

-more drive. based on the hughes and kettner triamp MK II channel 3. has EQ and solo boost options

-untitled. basically does that sub-octave-fuzz-about-to-blow-the-speakers type sound which matt used early on. It has a combination of pitch bend and EQ which can be switched on or off.

-muscle museum patch. I haven't finished this one yet, but the harmonizer can do the same thing as the VG-8, so I should be able to get pretty close (if not closer).

the last one is the only one that actually requires the GK pickup. All others can be used with a standard guitar...but why would you want to?

Next up is a fuzz of some sort. This pedal might look modest compared to the GR-55 (it probably is) but it can do quite a bit.

I'll try to do some clips once I have my patches sorted. I'll probably do them directly to the computer too

How difficult would it be not to destroy it? because of all that magic goop involved.

And I'll try to. I've made five patches that I'm going to use. I set them up like this

-clean. based on a fender twin, with one of the switches setup to add delay if I want. Not sure if it does dotted eights though

-drive. based on the orange rockerverb 50. i have one switch for a solo boost, and the other for... (I already forgot, but I think it was EQ, or nothing at all)

-more drive. based on the hughes and kettner triamp MK II channel 3. has EQ and solo boost options

-untitled. basically does that sub-octave-fuzz-about-to-blow-the-speakers type sound which matt used early on. It has a combination of pitch bend and EQ which can be switched on or off.

-muscle museum patch. I haven't finished this one yet, but the harmonizer can do the same thing as the VG-8, so I should be able to get pretty close (if not closer).

the last one is the only one that actually requires the GK pickup. All others can be used with a standard guitar...but why would you want to?

Next up is a fuzz of some sort. This pedal might look modest compared to the GR-55 (it probably is) but it can do quite a bit.

I'll try to do some clips once I have my patches sorted. I'll probably do them directly to the computer too

Can't wait to here this!

I watched a cover band recently at silverstone and both the rhythm and lead used GK pickups and GR-55s for the whole gig and they honestly had one of the best sounds I have heard from a small band. It was weird watching a guitar and hearing a piano or trumpet but most people were too drunk to care and why should they as they sounded epic!!

The GP-10 is a top of my want list at the moment but everything keeps getting pushed back lately as I'm setting up a furniture business so this is consuming my time and money at the moment :(

That's cool. I do have one complaint about the GP-10 though... some of the settings (harmonizer and pitch bend for example) are REALLY glitchy. Maybe even worse than the whammy IV

As far as I can tell, there's no cure for this. I read the manual too :\

The cure is usually to fix your technique ;)

You have to accept a large degree of compromise in your playing, even if it is polyphonic. Even though it's way more advanced than the old VG8, it still can't deal with sloppy technique.

Archived