No idea - I'd kinda forgotten that you hadn't gotten your amp yet :noey:

I'm guessing this has something to do with the Satellite man's angry post a while back, although I heard from a reputable source (:ninja:) that there wasn't anything like a cease-and-desist involved.

This adult male individual on TGP made a good point actually. That instagram post is from D-r-e-w and E_r_i_c, so maybe there was a falling out with the third guy.

I think I might email now. Hopefully it won't bounce back. (edit: It went though, but I'm not sure I'll get a reply)

What does the Satellite man have to do with this? His company name is Satellite, isn't it? What did these men do wrong besides not ship my amp?

What does the Satellite man have to do with this? His company name is Satellite, isn't it? What did these men do wrong besides not ship my amp?

Satellite man accused them of ripping off his design for the White Higher Fidelity amp (which Drew owns), which he ripped off from Fender but apparently owns the copyrights to? Idk. Seems like a long shot, but I think the Eric guy did work with him at one point.

Lol, nope. I was there. He played PIB on the Delorean. The only trasher he used was during Bliss, last song of the night.

Was it that guitar? or just one of the ibanezezez?

CvE584M.jpg

YDLRRMS.jpg

according to musewiki, he did throw a guitar into the crowd that day. It's probably not the gig in the two pictures above though, as they left the stage with everything scattered on the floor.

Satellite man accused them of ripping off his design for the White Higher Fidelity amp (which Drew owns), which he ripped off from Fender but apparently owns the copyrights to? Idk. Seems like a long shot, but I think the Eric guy did work with him at one point.

Fair enough.

Also, website domain has been changed to spell revival backwards... I imagine he still got my email, but I don't know if he's trying to prevent future emails since I can no longer email that same address...

Also

https://twitter.com/revivalamps

I don't have a good feeling about this at all. I wonder if it's too late for a chargeback...

I suggest you find a new role model. He may seem like a "heck of a guy" but like most amp builders that are a "heck of a guy" they just take your money, lie about delivery dates, and eventually disappear off the face of the earth.

cokeface.jpg

It's ok though, I'm getting my money back. You might want to watch the video in the above post to take your mind off of this whole episode.

Edit: And there is no video above because this is a new page. icon_aufsmaul.gif

Hey Dave

http://reverb.com/blog/gibson-to-increase-prices-update-models-for-2015

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/115290-gibson-2015-guitars/

I realize none of this is official, but the sad thing is, it's probably true...

wtf is Gibson doing... look at the script on the headstock, yuck! I wouldn't buy a 2014 for the stupid 12th fret inlays, and I wont buy 2015 for that ugly script.

wtf is Gibson doing... look at the script on the headstock, yuck! I wouldn't buy a 2014 for the stupid 12th fret inlays, and I wont buy 2015 for that ugly script.

exactly what I was thinking. I'm more likely to buy a 2014, but I still doubt I will.

Also, this looks nice until you look at the headstock

61tJKjTIkJL__SL1500__zps7fc4868b.jpg

Not a fan of the nut either. It's probably a way of getting the nut work more consistent, but then if they have a plek, it shouldn't be a problem anyway...

Hey Dave

http://reverb.com/blog/gibson-to-increase-prices-update-models-for-2015

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/115290-gibson-2015-guitars/

I realize none of this is official, but the sad thing is, it's probably true...

Oh dear god...

Although, I do agree with widening the fretboard. It's the main thing I don't like about gibsons, the fretboard feels too narrow to me.

Oh dear god...

Although, I do agree with widening the fretboard. It's the main thing I don't like about gibsons, the fretboard feels too narrow to me.

I don't know if there's a standard nut width (seems they vary on the different models) but I can understand that. The scale length also makes a difference for me... LUCKILY they made a limited run of 25.5" scale LPs for only 7 grand.

Archived