Well, yeah, I know YOU can't use the UK power supplies, I was more just offering them out in general, haha! The tremolo is yours if you want it, and I'm pretty sure I've got plenty of spare patch cables, so just let me know whatever you need. We can sort it all out by PM or email if you like. Small Stone phaser would still be going too, if anyone wants that.

I don't have to fly, but it's the most practical. I could get the train from Paris to London, but would then just have to get another just as expensive train on the other end. If I fly, I can at least get to an airport which is much closer. I'd rather just get home sooner to be honest.

Oh, and...e-mail to Mansons deployed! It begins! :eek:

PM or email me a price. I just need a few of the 3" angled to angled connector cables, but I can't remember if I purchased any of those for you. I remember some of them were specialty cables though.

Not sure how much the trains cost, but I imagine a fair bit less than a flight. Fair enough if you want to get home sooner though.

Oh shit...

NnoGhN1.gif

Nah, I think the trains were just as expensive to be honest. Ah well, it's done now anyway.

Sure, I'll PM you later. I have to go and carry on studying for a few hours now. I'm pretty sure I only have 6" patch cables though, nothing smaller than that. Would they still be any good?

Nah, I think the trains were just as expensive to be honest. Ah well, it's done now anyway.

Sure, I'll PM you later. I have to go and carry on studying for a few hours now. I'm pretty sure I only have 6" patch cables though, nothing smaller than that. Would they still be any good?

Well that's no good. I was hoping to spend an extra week in France next time.

Yeah I'll have a pair of those if you have them.

Also, noticed these the other day. Might get some to replace the other ones I have which are a bit too long, but also a bit flimsy

http://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/product/custom-jack-phono-cable-69

Not buying them just because they're red or anything :$ Same reason I didn't buy a red MIDI cable....

I happen to agree with that, I hate Jaguar's they look like they have been squashed, then again I don't like most guitars :)

what about sxc beaten up jazz's?

BwYDpewIUAIeQP9.jpg

now with hoogle cavity cover, which I had to spend a bit sanding down but isn't half bad considering I had to trace the outline of the cavity and scan it to him

and I somehow managed to lose the screws he sent with it so it's got mismatched screws

what about sxc beaten up jazz's?

now with hoogle cavity cover, which I had to spend a bit sanding down but isn't half bad considering I had to trace the outline of the cavity and scan it to him

and I somehow managed to lose the screws he sent with it so it's got mismatched screws

Sorry, I'm an engineer I appreciate symmetry or at least constant sweeps :D Fenders generally don't do much for me as I don't like the rounded edges, I much prefer clean cut edges hence I love aerodyne strats. I also don't like beaten up guitars mine is spotless and will always remain so, I don't get the love for relics but that's just me :LOL:

To me Manson's shape are what teles should be shaped like anyway!

On yet another note I'm thinking of getting a Gretsch G2220 short scale bass, I can't for the life of me think why! (I'm looking at you royal blood)

To me Manson's shape are what teles should be shaped like anyway!

On yet another note I'm thinking of getting a Gretsch G2220 short scale bass, I can't for the life of me think why! (I'm looking at you royal blood)

Which shape?

And that or a starcaster bass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJNOrfq8J4Y

If I need a footswitch to change between two channels on an amp I can just use any footswitch right? Like any old cheap one

If it's the 1/4" jack, then yeah, that should work

How about those russian tubes then... I'd take your amp to someone else for that adjustment this time. Sounds like that last guy set it too hot.

Which shape?

And that or a starcaster bass.

The MA shape. I love the MB lower cut away but the overall shape is better for the MA but both are better than the tele shape in my book.

Yeah I love the starcaster as well but the Gretsch is cheaper and I played one the other day and it really suited my style of playing. Plus I'm thinking of an instant swap to gold hardware and having the pickup covers plated gold as well :)

If it's the 1/4" jack, then yeah, that should work

How about those russian tubes then... I'd take your amp to someone else for that adjustment this time. Sounds like that last guy set it too hot.

lovely

And many Russian tubes, felt a bit sad clicking on the checkout button :( and yeah going to a different place this time. Hopefully it was just a tube that went, doubt I can afford much else

The MA shape. I love the MB lower cut away but the overall shape is better for the MA but both are better than the tele shape in my book.

Yeah I love the starcaster as well but the Gretsch is cheaper and I played one the other day and it really suited my style of playing. Plus I'm thinking of an instant swap to gold hardware and having the pickup covers plated gold as well :)

I agree. What about the E shape? I don't know if I'd call that symmetrical or not. It's not offset anyway.

What did you think of the Gretsch?

Also, do you like AC/DC and SGs by any chance?

qtWrArkvrsA

lovely

And many Russian tubes, felt a bit sad clicking on the checkout button :( and yeah going to a different place this time. Hopefully it was just a tube that went, doubt I can afford much else

Only thing I can think of is if it would have a different function (reverb, boost, etc) but the default if you plug in a 1 button footswitch should be for channel switching.

It shouldn't be anything else if it was working before. There's a chance that it took out a screen resistor, but that's a fairly minor fix... unless it did what my DSL did

I agree. What about the E shape? I don't know if I'd call that symmetrical or not. It's not offset anyway.

qtWrArkvrsA

Only thing I can think of is if it would have a different function (reverb, boost, etc) but the default if you plug in a 1 button footswitch should be for channel switching.

It shouldn't be anything else if it was working before. There's a chance that it took out a screen resistor, but that's a fairly minor fix... unless it did what my DSL did

Yeah it was working before, then one time when I had it on one of the power tubes started getting really hot and got really bright before it died and no sound etc etc.

And I don't think the Hayden has any reverb or anything else built in, just the two channels.

qtWrArkvrsA

I didn't like the E shape at first but I have come around to it actually :) The gretsch was lovely actually for its price I was very impressed, the one I played the action was lovely and I could play seriously quickly quick on it for a bass :)

I'm thinking with a swap to gold hardware it would look much better as well!

And yes I love AC/DC and I hadn't seen that video before, that's some good playing considering that he's holding Angus's guitar, I would have literally forgotten everything the minute I touched that guitar. Wizard amps certainly sound awesome as well!

I didn't like the E shape at first but I have come around to it actually :) The gretsch was lovely actually for its price I was very impressed, the one I played the action was lovely and I could play seriously quickly quick on it for a bass :)

I'm thinking with a swap to gold hardware it would look much better as well!

And yes I love AC/DC and I hadn't seen that video before, that's some good playing considering that he's holding Angus's guitar, I would have literally forgotten everything the minute I touched that guitar. Wizard amps certainly sound awesome as well!

Interesting. Would you say it's worth $300? Tempted to get one that has passive pickups for more tonal variation and maybe a different tuning

I think I'll have to try it first. Not sure how consistent the chinese made instruments are at the moment, but I'm sure they're much better than how I remember them.

Yeah I'm not too familiar with wizard amps but that sounds pretty nice.

Interesting. Would you say it's worth $300? Tempted to get one that has passive pickups for more tonal variation and maybe a different tuning

I think I'll have to try it first. Not sure how consistent the chinese made instruments are at the moment, but I'm sure they're much better than how I remember them.

Yeah I'm not too familiar with wizard amps but that sounds pretty nice.

The gretsch was very nice and from what I have gathered there are fairly consistent in build quality as the reviews are always very good. The build quality on the one I played seemed slightly higher that what you usually see at this cost level, so that's nice. Tonally it had a nice natural sound to it as I could only play it on fairly low volume with no pedals to spice things up, but clearly with some distortion it would sounds better.

Not sure if that helps at all, if you could play one in a shop that would probably help :D

I haven't bought one myself yet as a rather lovely Jazz bass in need of some restoration has appeared on eBay and it's local to me and good price at the moment so I'm waiting for that to end first!

So...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221538890015?redirect=mobile

What's going on here then, the bodies got binding so I guess it's a higher model but the neck has been replaced and badly decaled. I thinking of buying it as I'm looking for a project and this looks like it needs some love and if it's bin worthy at least the tuners and pups are half decent.

Just wondering what you guys think it is exactly? I suspect someone was turning it in to a custom but got it wrong!

So...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221538890015?redirect=mobile

What's going on here then, the bodies got binding so I guess it's a higher model but the neck has been replaced and badly decaled. I thinking of buying it as I'm looking for a project and this looks like it needs some love and if it's bin worthy at least the tuners and pups are half decent.

Just wondering what you guys think it is exactly? I suspect someone was turning it in to a custom but got it wrong!

dit you get it?

No idea - I'd kinda forgotten that you hadn't gotten your amp yet :noey:

I'm guessing this has something to do with the Satellite man's angry post a while back, although I heard from a reputable source (:ninja:) that there wasn't anything like a cease-and-desist involved.

I'm starting to get worried now, as I probably won't have a way of contacting him once the website is taken down (already looks like they're in the process of doing that)

No I left it in the end I was happy to pay up to £200 but not beyond as it looks like it might need a new neck again. I still have no clue what exactly was going on with it :LOL:

No idea what that was, but it wasn't a gibson. The super 70's are worth what they said though.

Archived