How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

It would have to be a very quick transition between piano and guitar. My guess is they'll get a 'special guest' to play the piano at the ceremony then have morgan play it on the tour.

A slightly slow transition never bothered them in butterflies and hurricanes or new born.

A slightly slow transition never bothered them in butterflies and hurricanes or new born.

There's not really a slow transition in Butterflies and Hurricanes because Matt just runs to the piano after the last guitar note like in Citizen Erased, so he has time.

For New Born there is a bit of a pause in the studio version so that can easily be used to switch instruments, or in the later tours do the Kaoss Pad/drum stuff to get the crowd going.

Survival though transitions right as Matt yells the "we're gonna win!" part and any pause for him to get up and get his guitar for the solo will just seem awkward and kill the momentum of the song.

There's not really a slow transition in Butterflies and Hurricanes because Matt just runs to the piano after the last guitar note like in Citizen Erased, so he has time.

For New Born there is a bit of a pause in the studio version so that can easily be used to switch instruments, or in the later tours do the Kaoss Pad/drum stuff to get the crowd going.

Survival though transitions right as Matt yells the "we're gonna win!" part and any pause for him to get up and get his guitar for the solo will just seem awkward and kill the momentum of the song.

I will not believe it before I see Matt belting a sustained Bb4 while sitting by the piano.

Maybe he has his guitar on him and just stands up.

What, a keyboard set up like that at the Olympics? No way they'll do that, it's just so bloody underwhelming!

Tbh, I was quite surprised that they even did something like that for the tour but then again, they didn't play NSC many times (I saw it once though :D ) and maybe that was why they didn't bother with 'upgrading' the stage for it.

Chris could do the big 'Yeah, I'm gonna wiiiiiiiiiiin!' while Matt transitions from piano to guitar. It'd be weird for Chris to do it as the people have been used to hearing Matt do it but I'm finding it hard seeing how Matt's gonna be able to do it.

That's what I'm thinking, but it would have to be NSC style with a keyboard up at the front of the stage.

I don't think it will be a keyboard as that girl tweeted about chrome wrapping a piano. Maybe he will just stop playing a couple of bars before the end and stand up and let Morgan do the rest

Chris could do the big 'Yeah, I'm gonna wiiiiiiiiiiin!' while Matt transitions from piano to guitar. It'd be weird for Chris to do it as the people have been used to hearing Matt do it but I'm finding it hard seeing how Matt's gonna be able to do it.

Maybe Matt will have a portable mike. :LOL:

This.

Archived