How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

He's gonna take it up an octave and do a Bb5 in falsetto.

And I'm pretty sure Morgan will do the piano.

I'm assuming he won't really have time to switch to guitar during the song, it's not like New Born where the switch over being hyped up fits with the song. The piano isn't exactly a key feature of the song, in fact it would probably only be needed in the intro and first verse, so most likely that Morgan will play it.

First falsetto = fucking awesome

Second falsetto = cringefest

I'm not sure what he's gonna replace that first big scream with when it's done live though. Assuming he's gonna wimp out on it 99% of the time, it'd sound really out of place to do it in falsetto so I'm not sure what he'd do. Maybe he'll get Chris to do it, I wouldn't complain to be honest.

It's a quick transition from piano to guitar as well, it'll be interesting to see how he does that (unless Morgan does the piano bit and Matt just stands there for the first minute or so).

Elton John of course.

Thats my guess. He is already playing at the Olympics, and Matt said himself he worked with a 'fairly famous pianist'. Who else is crazy enough to write such a song?

Glitter Glitter everywhere

Elton John of course.

Thats my guess. He is already playing at the Olympics, and Matt said himself he worked with a 'fairly famous pianist'. Who else is crazy enough to write such a song?

I'm talking about on tour, they've already said they'll have a special guest playing the piano for them at the Olympics.

I do expect that they'll most likely get Morgan to do the piano part. Either that or Matt'll pull an NSC and have a swingy mic that he'll use to dramatically step away from the piano from whilst still singing.

It's a quick transition from piano to guitar as well, it'll be interesting to see how he does that (unless Morgan does the piano bit and Matt just stands there for the first minute or so).

It would be possible, since he has plenty of time to get to the other mic whilst rolling around on the floor with the guitar (as I have no doubt he shall do) But will probably be too 'lazy' as you would say :chuckle:

There is quite a gap at the beginning where he isn't singing and if he doesn't play the piano either then that suggests an epic obscure enterance part way through the song or just standing awkwardly

Elton John of course.

I'm talking about on tour, they've already said they'll have a special guest playing the piano for them at the Olympics.

Did they really confirm a special guest for the Olympic performance? Are you referring to the Zane Lowe interview or did I miss something?

I think in the Zane interview they said they were going to collobrate with a "good pianist" (on a song) but it didn't work out.

It wouldn't surprise me if Elton shows up though (I thought it was fairly obvious Matt referred to him anyway).

Did they really confirm a special guest for the Olympic performance? Are you referring to the Zane Lowe interview or did I miss something?

I think in the Zane interview they said they were going to collobrate with a "good pianist" (on a song) but it didn't work out.

It wouldn't surprise me if Elton shows up though (I thought it was fairly obvious Matt referred to him anyway).

I don't think it was confirmed, but I'm guessing Elton will play with them. There was that article last year about Elton wanting to collab with Muse for the Olympics.

:awesome:

I'm a bit confused by the fact this is an Olympics tune given it feels like the O word taints the tune by association, like the way NSC was immediately onto a loser when revealed as an original song for Twilight, and drags the lyrics down further.

Saying that better Muse do it and make something half decent then we give it to One Direction and make us a planetary embarassment.

OMG, someone was looking over my shoulder when I viewed that Portal pic edit, and I'm too ashamed to leave my home office... :LOL:

I agree so much with loving the song now. I'm sad it took me so long, and I regret how harsh I was initially.

Although, the falsetto parts don't bother me, and I still start the song about 30 secs in...

In a desperate attempt to find any new information, I stumbled upon my old copy of Q magazine from July 2010 (right before they did Glasto again) and...

There's a question that asks what would they do if they were offered the chance to play the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony and Matt says, "Something with magnets. You know in Back To The Future II they built this fake street with reverse magnets so they could do the hoverboard thing for real? You'd have to get thousands of reverse magnets and cover an area the size of a football pitch, and you could come out on a disc that floats. That would be quite spectacular."

I can't imagine in two years Matt would've forgotten such an ambitious idea, if they did something like that and played Survival, SS and maybe Knights or B&H it could be insane. That with the rumors that the stadium will somehow set on fire...

And by the way, after last night's episode of Breaking Bad, magnets seem to be in. :D

In a desperate attempt to find any new information, I stumbled upon my old copy of Q magazine from July 2010 (right before they did Glasto again) and...

There's a question that asks what would they do if they were offered the chance to play the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony and Matt says, "Something with magnets. You know in Back To The Future II they built this fake street with reverse magnets so they could do the hoverboard thing for real? You'd have to get thousands of reverse magnets and cover an area the size of a football pitch, and you could come out on a disc that floats. That would be quite spectacular."

I can't imagine in two years Matt would've forgotten such an ambitious idea, if they did something like that and played Survival, SS and maybe Knights or B&H it could be insane. That with the rumors that the stadium will somehow set on fire...

And by the way, after last night's episode of Breaking Bad, magnets seem to be in. :D

That would be EPIC

Archived